Link back to Upcoming Games: Upcoming Games by Lucid
Life of a Starship Captain by Mike Walter
Status: WIP. The rough draft is officially done! I’m currently Alpha testing. I’m not sure how long it will take, but after that comes Beta Testing, which I suspect will start in January or February.
It’s hard to believe, but this will be my 8th release.
Introduction: Have you ever wanted to be the captain of a faster-than-light starship? You will live a full life starting as a young child of the future.
Play as human, various species of alien, or even a robot. With the help of your friends and your loyal, upgradable robo-pet, you will go to school to learn skills of your own choosing before taking a position as a lowly cadet.
You’ll choose which department to join and rise within as the Solar System trembles in fear when a powerful foe threatens its very existence.
Will you master the psionic arts or use technology to enhance yourself with cybernetics? Will you follow the rules or will you do whatever is necessary? The choice is yours in Life of a Starship Captain!
- A new look at the Lucidverse. After the Lost Heir, Life of a Wizard, and the Last Wizard, there was New Daria (home of Life of a Mobster and Paradox Factor.) This story takes place a few hundred years after that.
- 6 Friends with full back stories, character arcs, and possible romances, if you wish.
- Cybernetic Implants vs Psionic Skills
- An upgradeable faithful robo-pet companion.
- 5 distinct departments to join (Engineering, Medical, Science, Navigation, and Security)
- 7 Traits: Strength, Agility, Endurance, Perception, Willpower, Charm, and Intelligence.
- 9 Skills: Combat, Computers, Ranged Weapons, Leadership, Mechanics, Medicine, Pilot, Science, Streetwise
- 6 Species: Aurellian (beautiful bio-luminescent alien), Linnera (giant cockroach with hive mind), Orrok (strong four-armed alien), Reticulan (traditional bald, grey-skinned, black-eyed alien), Solarian (human), Synthetic Humanoid (robot)
- 21 exciting and unique endings.
Link to Poll: https://strawpoll.com/4f9xyrda
If you haven’t already, be sure to Like my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/LucidsGames 359
Join my mailing list for a link to a short, free game by signing up here. I’ll only be sending messages when new games are released: http://eepurl.com/dBPS-D 58
Interested in offering even more support and taking a larger role in my game development? Consider joining my Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/LucidsGames