Life of a Space Force Captain Beta Test (CLOSED)

Understood. Thanks!

Not sure if I’m posting this in the wrong thread, but here goes anyway. Can I use that same email address to report bugs from one of your previous games? I remember there was a bug in life of a wizard where as an academy student, you and your class were attacked by a bunch of snakes. It said that you need 25 conjuration to burn them. I had exactly 25 and it didn’t work, however it does work once you have 26 though. Conclusion? Either The requirement for the check is wrong or The given info regarding the check is wrong.

You’re right. It’s my only game without a bug thread. It’s my first game, so I guess it ran out of bugs. :slight_smile:

This bug will become the next list. Thanks!

4 Likes

Version 1.19 is now up and running.

Sorry for the delay. Starting school has been very busy this year, but things should go smoother now.

If anyone hasn’t had a response to an email from me, please send again, I should have replied to everyone as of this moment.

This is also a great time for any new testers, just read that first page and send me an email. Of course, I still greatly appreciate current testers and encourage multiple playthrus, if you can spare the time.

Thanks, everyone!

4 Likes

Can you add the possibility of special weapons. Like Energy Swords, Arm Cannons, etc… And consider the possibility of upgrading weapons (Normal and Special) Special Weapons would act as artifacts you can get in certain chapters or correct stat checks. Can you also add money and shops. These weapons can help you in certain situations like reduced stat checks and possible auto-win choices

1 Like

I want your game to have the same RPG shop vibe like in Life of a Wizard and/or Lost Heir Trilogy. I meant your game should have the same shop your other games have

1 Like

Cybernetics have something similar. You can have blades come out of your fists. Although combat is a valid path, it’s not the only route, so I’m hesitant to double-up on enhanced weaponry.

The problem is that this game takes place in the future, so money isn’t used. So that’s why I introduced cybernetics and psionics as upgradable paths. You can essentially “buy” the upgrades and get lots of cool skills/powers. The rewards menu also occurs a few times, depending upon your relationship with the alien species, making it seem even more like a store. (You can also upgrade your robo-pet as well as most of your stats too.)

I love RPGs too, which is why my games often have that feel, but I also try to keep it feeling like a novel. I hope I hit the balance correctly.

1 Like

Aren’t there Future RPG games. RPG games set in the future like Mass Effect

1 Like

There are, and many future games use credits. That concept is briefly used in this game too, but it didn’t seem like the right scenario to have a store. Basically, small things are free, and bigger things should be yours anyway, as an up-and-rising officer.

I think this game still has a strong RPG vibe. That’s not surprising, since I love RPG games myself. That love allows me to model the world with stats. Go math!

2 Likes

Hello there man love your games keep up the good work! Sent you an email to join the testing it that’s ok

2 Likes

Wait, all of these games take place in the same continuity? Somehow I missed that. What is the proper chronological order?

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for joining.

True!

1. Daria: A Kingdom Simulator (WIP)
  2. Life of a Wizard
  3. The Lost Heir Trilogy (Fall of Daria, Building a Kingdom, and Demon War)
  4. The Last Wizard
  5. Paradox Factor
  6. Life of a Mobster
  7. Life of a Starship Captain

Obviously not essential to read them all and the order doesn’t really matter, but yes, there are connections. :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes! I have “homework” for these next few days in my free time :grin:
I am so in love with “The lost heir” trilogy that I must play these in order. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I always want to play things in in-universe chronological order, even if the works are loosely connected. So thank you very much!

Oh, and just so you know, Paradox Factor is by far one of the most unique and memorable CS games I’ve played. I haven’t played it in a long time, but I remember a lot of the plot details because it made such an impression on me. I look forward to playing it again in the proper “context”!

1 Like

That’s awesome! I really enjoyed making it. I’d like to try other unique projects in the future.

2 Likes

Hey i just noticed i seem to still have ver 1.18?

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

If you’re done and the game is released, what are you going to work on next?

1 Like

And I saw your poll that you have other themes in mind. I might be sure that if your Lucidverse Series is finished, What are you going to work on next?

1 Like

Hey was hoping to play your game how can I get the link

1 Like