Life of a Space Force Captain Beta Test (CLOSED)

why not put up a demo of the game on dashingdon

3 Likes

I have my own method.

I like to make contact with my testers. I figure, if a person won’t request a link by email, then they are very unlikely to report any errors or suggestions, so they might as well wait until it releases normally.

Using email also keeps me organized so I don’t miss any responses. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

im so looking forward to this game ive been a big fan of your work for most my life

7 Likes

Its extremly good already at this point im my opinion

1 Like

I’ve reopened the Beta Test for new players. I closed it for a bit to get caught up. If anyone is waiting for a reply, please email me again. At this point, I’ve replied to every message I know of and I’d hate to miss any.

Also, if anyone has errors/suggestions they haven’t sent, please send them so I can get them into the next update.

That makes me feel a little old, but thank you! I guess it’s been 10 years since I started making games here. I’m really happy that people enjoy what I make. :smiley:

Thanks! It’s getting a little closer every day. My list is now empty, which is a rare thing. I playtest it myself when that happens, so it should just keep on getting a little better.

This is a good time to mention, if you think something should be different, let me know. I’ve made a lot of changes since before Beta Testing. I started with 0.9 and had about 12 updates before coming here. We’re now on version 1.12, so that’s about another 12 updates.

I appreciate all of your help so much. The game gets so much better over Beta.

2 Likes

Link to Poll: Life of a Starship Captain Beta Test (Currently OPEN) - #7 by Lucid

This was interesting. I honestly thought that there were more players who wanted no notifications. Personally, I like them too.

Here are a few more questions, but you’ll have to play the game before you can answer them:

1. Which species have you played?
  • Solarian
  • Reticulan
  • Synth
  • Aurellian
  • Orrok
  • Linnera

0 voters

1. Which species was your favourite?
  • Solarian
  • Reticulan
  • Synth
  • Aurellian
  • Orrok
  • Linnera

0 voters

1. Which departments have you played?
  • Security
  • Science
  • Engineering
  • Navigation
  • Medical

0 voters

1. Which department was your favourite?
  • Security
  • Science
  • Engineering
  • Navigation
  • Medical

0 voters

1. Which romances have you experienced?
  • Breezok
  • Krag or Flok
  • Alex or Rachel
  • Kl’k
  • Kyle
  • Luum or Nate

0 voters

1. Who is your favourite Romance Option?
  • Breezok
  • Krag or Flok
  • Alex or Rachel
  • Kl’k
  • Kyle
  • Luum or Nate

0 voters

1 Like

Beta Version 1.13 is now up and running.

I think it’s starting to get close. If anyone has time to beta test, please read the first post of this thread and follow the instructions found there.

Thanks again to all of you wonderful people who have been helping me to polish this game over the last couple of months. You rock!

2 Likes

Version 1.14 is up.

On a side note, Grammarly is pretty cool. Thanks to the tester who suggested it.

I run RandomTest and copy/paste it over in really big chunks. It catches lots of things, including pronoun variations. :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh, and I finally got around to making the first post in this thread look pretty. Probably should have done it a long time ago, but I’ve been working on the game. :smiley:

6 Likes

Hi! The demo’s only available for patreons, right?

1 Like

Nah evryone can try beta testing as far as im aware

2 Likes

It’s open to all. Just read that first post for instructions. :smiley:

Exactly!

Bring on the errors and suggestions. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! Sorry to ask dumb questions lmao

1 Like

Not dumb at all. Similar to beta testing error/suggestions: if one person read it that way, you know that many others will/did too. I edited my first post to be clearer.

Yes, the beta is fully open and public. I love starting with my wave system, it works so well.

The errors/suggestions have dried up considerably. That’s good news since it means most of the spelling, grammar, and continuation errors are now fixed.

I’m still fixing/adding/changing things from older-version suggestions. My priority had been to get the errors and “higher level”-that could-be-fixed-in-a-single-session stuff done first, and now it is.

So I’m hoping newcomers will still roll in to help or that current testers will find time to do another run as my changes will also cause new errors. :slight_smile:

People have been so generous of their time.
It’s been a really nice beta test.

Life is about to get very busy again, but I should be able to keep polishing this game until enough people (and myself) feel it’s ready.

7 Likes

Understood. Thanks!

Not sure if I’m posting this in the wrong thread, but here goes anyway. Can I use that same email address to report bugs from one of your previous games? I remember there was a bug in life of a wizard where as an academy student, you and your class were attacked by a bunch of snakes. It said that you need 25 conjuration to burn them. I had exactly 25 and it didn’t work, however it does work once you have 26 though. Conclusion? Either The requirement for the check is wrong or The given info regarding the check is wrong.

You’re right. It’s my only game without a bug thread. It’s my first game, so I guess it ran out of bugs. :slight_smile:

This bug will become the next list. Thanks!

4 Likes

Version 1.19 is now up and running.

Sorry for the delay. Starting school has been very busy this year, but things should go smoother now.

If anyone hasn’t had a response to an email from me, please send again, I should have replied to everyone as of this moment.

This is also a great time for any new testers, just read that first page and send me an email. Of course, I still greatly appreciate current testers and encourage multiple playthrus, if you can spare the time.

Thanks, everyone!

4 Likes

Can you add the possibility of special weapons. Like Energy Swords, Arm Cannons, etc… And consider the possibility of upgrading weapons (Normal and Special) Special Weapons would act as artifacts you can get in certain chapters or correct stat checks. Can you also add money and shops. These weapons can help you in certain situations like reduced stat checks and possible auto-win choices

1 Like

I want your game to have the same RPG shop vibe like in Life of a Wizard and/or Lost Heir Trilogy. I meant your game should have the same shop your other games have

1 Like