Life in a New Realm (WIP)

Ok, so hello CoG! I just recently found this amazing site and after playing through several games I decided to try my hand at it.

I’ve never coded anything ever, but I do believe I have some sort of grasp on CS after fiddling with it for a day.
Anyway, the game I intend to make will be called Life in a New Realm (if the thread title didn’t give it away)
I’m going to try and make it quite depth-y. Having many different paths and such for different ages and genders.
I really have no idea how well it’ll turn out or anything, just trying to try something new.

Now to the details of the story:
You will be a person differing from age 9-55 who has found themselves transported to a completely different realm. You can try to find a way out, or acclimate to the land.
Knowing nothing of the land though, you find yourself picking a mental guide from “The Emporium of Mental Guides.” They can help you learn magic, become adept in swordplay, or even be a very close companion. Many things need to be done in this realm, it’s up to you to decide what to do. A fantasy type game is what I’d consider it.

Now I’ve got the very bloody beginning done. I work my way down the list of ages, so currently the youngest choice has the most. Just barely though. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/175148678/web/index.html

Let’s hope that everything works so far. XD

“I’ve never coded anything ever, but I do believe I have some sort of grasp on CS after fiddling with it for a day.”

“I’m going to try and make it quite depth-y. Having many different paths and such for different ages and genders.”

@-)

Well anyway, this reminds me of the Children of Iseir game, except with a more typical fantasy focus. (Not that I’m trying to say that it’s bad)

I’m curious as to your approach, though: You get lost, you find a portal, you go through it (Lord knows why), you find yourself in a forest.
It seems very… meatless, for lack of a better term.

Eh, I learn fast. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m trying to give a sense that who you were matters nothing here. It’ll get more detailed.
Also you didn’t really choose to go through it. Just kinda happened.

Eh, fair enough.

Going for many different pathways? An admirable goal; try not to get overwhelmed, eh?

I must agree with Drazen. It is very easy to get overwhelmed with an enormous work.

Just make sure you have a clearly defined point where you know you need to *finish* the story, and a clear idea in your mind about what *has* to be in and what can be cut.

And keep at it, you’ll be fine.

The link doesnt work

It gives me an error when I click the link

Sounds kind of cool. I’ll check it out.

Oh it gave me an error message.

404 error :stuck_out_tongue:

me to

not working

Not working

This sounds like a good idea although (no offense meant) if you are going to have a lot of paths and such you might want to try to get someone to help with coding or writing also the link gave me a 404 error. Good luck! :smile: