"What lies ahead of you could be called an exprience of a lifetime. Let me guide you through this world you have come to know as your own.”
Life As A Ruler:Nexus Island is a interactive midieval fantasy novel.
As a yet-to-become ruler of one of the so-called kingdoms of Nexus Island, you have a heavy burden on your shoulder.You are but a krill in the biggest pond on earth. What is it called again? Hmmmm. Oh yes! An ocean.
It is filled with sharks, whales, supposedly krakens, serpents and megalods! Are some of those things real or just myths? Mmmmm…one can only wonder.
It is up to you, to paint your kingdom to the image of your liking, with the provided paint of course.
• Play as a King or Queen.
• Take council from various people or do your own thing.
• Decide how your kingdom operates.
• Decide where you will focus on most by your choices.
• Build, destroy, invade, protect, recruit and decide who goes where.
• What will you claim, ports, a pass, territories, towns, or mineral veins that are fated throughout the Island once a certain period? Only your choice commands will tell.
• Cultivate your relations with your subjects and other kingdoms.
• There are Big fives in here too, will you know all about them?
• What will fate decide which resources to spawn in your kingdom’s territories? Is this a question or a fact?
• Will you believe Legends and succumb to it’s tales.
• You can only learn enough from a front page, there is a reason you will build a library your honour.
Finally I have a working demo fellow forumers. Since 2021 I have been working on this game. Never thought it will be played by others.
Your feedback in making the game more interesting and less boring, will be appreciated very much. This includes errors and bug issues.
I’m planning to update it on weeekly bases, if I get some spare time since I’m not a full time writer.
What inspired the Game
Sometime in early 2021, I was bored and did not have phone to entertain me. Then I remembered a mobile game I played some time before. Kingdom And Lords.
So I went to on to create a board game similar to it, in a 72 page book. The board game’s engine was and still is a 6 sided dice. I could play it alone.
Then after I had a phone I got introcuded to hosted games. I had a way to see the code before knowing of the forum. And the programming was easy enough to copy so I thought, why not make my board game using the choicescript.
I just realized last year that anyone can write using choicescript.
All this and some of unsaid details led to the demo below.
Accomplished Ideas from other Forumers.
An Objective Tracker - @Valda_Reehux
Now you can keep track of your main tasks through the stats screen.Ongoing constructions is a WIP.
I’m looking forward to have more than 1 item in this list. So feel free to drop in any suggestions.
Features Available in detail
- Assigning lands and workers to certain productions.
- Training different skills , millitary and technical.
- Forging different materials and making some.
- Completing the tasks leading to your coronation.
- Building facilities that gives you access to the above items.
- Viewing which of your 4 territories has which resources.
Here are some things you can’t do yet, they will be unlocked once you are Coronated.
These are already in the WIP. BLOW
These are going to be in the WIP. VOW
- Assigning your defense system and invasion force. BLOW
- Expanding your territories
- Through invasion or taking unoccupied areas. BLOW
- Through diplomacy. VOW
- There are 36 territories that can be occupied on the Island.
- Viewing which territories has which resources in all territories. BLOW
- Using different means of transport to other Kingdoms.Travelling.VOW
- More advanced facilities.VOW
- Building walls, gates and more.VOW
- Annexing peasants towns.VOW
- I can use your suggestion.!And you can do this now if you feel like it🙂.
First and foremost you are believed to be a dragonborn because you are a Stonebearer
Currently the Apex Predator.
A flying lion no eagle head just a lion the whole body.
A flying horse with some abilities.
Was the Apex Predator.
?Uknown- Potential Threat.
Vies to be the Apex Predator.
For more info visit the Library in the WIP.
These are the rarest minerals that are found amongst the most valuable resource in Nexus which are Sparkles.
5.White Pulsar- An Oynx.
The least rare mineral amongst pulsars.It cures sea water if used by experts.
4.Red Pulsar- A Ruby
Revives Valhallas those who have only died in battle.Requires an infirmary.
3.Green Pulsar- An Emerald.
Replenish the the MC’s sense of time.
2.Blue Pulsar- A Saphhire.
Forms a shield barrier in all of MC’s owned territories.If used by an expert of course.
1.Rainbolic Pulsar- The Alpha Pulsar.
Contains all the powers of the other pulsars.It also gives one the ability to look The Grim Reaper right in the eyes and say “Not today!”
Now to every one of these elements there is a Legend tied to it.
In this game novel legends are ancient lore that aren’t believed by most people. But the truth is as the saying goes “At the heart of every legend there is a grain of truth.” ~ Michael Scott
To learn more one would have to visit the library.
I will be happy to consider your feedback in making the game more enjoyable.
To play the demo, go here: Moody