Demo updated April 2nd!
Title: Leas: City of the Sun
Demo link: https://dashingdon.com/play/sailingshellsgames/leas-city-of-the-sun/mygame/
Demo note - Current stats are placeholders meant to give an accurate idea of each background’s strengths/weaknesses.
About the Game:
Enter the city of Leas, where humans dwell in safety behind city walls while strange and powerful Fey roam the wilds. Play as one of a rare few skilled enough to explore the outside world, an agent of Den Zarel.
After making a dangerous discovery you are sent on a mission that unfolds into an adventure that will unearth more than expected, and more than you alone can handle.
Fortunately, you’ll have help along the way: a lifelong friend hiding a dangerous secret, a mysterious and taciturn rogue, and an eccentric and charming mage unite under your banner to help save your city, and possibly, the world.
Love Interests: (In-game LI genders are determined by player sexuality)
Keo's Personality and Appearance
Personality - An agent of Den Zarel and MC’s oldest friend. Capable, strong, and stoic, with a tendency to get lost in thought. Protective of the MC. The child of a human-Fey union, Keo has seen a great deal of both Fey and human society, and struggles to find the point of balance between them.
Physical Appearance - Warm brown eyes flecked with gold, tan skin, dark hair usually pulled back in a messy bun, muscled.
Rin's Personality and Appearance
Personality - Snarky, clever, and sarcastic to a fault, but fiercely loyal to those they care for. Not much is known about Rin’s background and they seem reluctant to share much. They come from Den Luana of Leas’ sister-city, Dalusin.
Physical Appearance - Striking silver eyes, pale skin, black hair, tends to go for a nondescript appearance in terms of how they present/dress aside from a few silver rings.
Wren's Personality and Appearance
Personality - Wren is kind, optimistic, and wildly intelligent. They seem to know a lot about everything, and a little about even more. A traveling archivist of great renown, new to the city of Leas yet surprisingly well-connected.
Physical Appearance - Sharp, deep brown eyes, dark skin, shimmering tattoos along their hands and forearms, small scars on their fingers.
- Romance and Fantasy game (with the option for a no-romance route)
- Choose your gender (including nonbinary) and sexuality
- Three romanceable love interests (LI genders determined based on player sexuality, all routes available to all players)
- Choose your specialty within your Den. Play as a prodigy, conjurer, diplomat, focus on a bit of everything as a jack-of-all-trades, or specialize in nothing at all
- Train skills and develop your personality through choices
- No wrong choices: skill checks can be failed, and the content and flavor of the story changed, but ultimately there is no “game over” screen, just different endgame outcomes.
Feel free to reach out to me with feedback in this thread or by way of direct messaging on this forum. I’d particularly appreciate feedback related to stats, as I’m less experienced in that area.
Thank you very much for clicking on this post! I hope you enjoy the game. I currently have a series of three games for this story outlined, so depending on how things go this could keep my writing hands occupied for quite some time!
I’ve been playing CYOA games and RPGs for quite some time now, and this is my first Hosted WIP. Have been reading the forums and this seems like a nice community - I hope to become a part of it
Feel free to check out my tumblr, if you like! I’ll be posting weekly writing updates there beginning this weekend.
August 31, 2022 Update Notes
Chapter 4, and a very short Chapter 5 are up. We’re heading into the wilds! You can also expect a scene addition to chapter 2
December 31, 2022 Update Notes
Chapter 6 is up! We’re deep in the wilds and searching for some answers ~
April 2nd, 2023 Update Notes
A lot of additions this time, so see the list below!
- Chapter 7: ~26,307 words (first half). For comparison, chapter 3 is ~15,982 words.
- Chapter 1: Generally toned Adaan down a little in chapter 1. I reread it and realized I’d made him meaner than I envisioned him Ah, well. That’s what a demo is for, right? Being a non-final draft? Hopefully? xD
- Chapter 1 choice to choose MC’s hair style and color, including the option for players to write their own custom style/color.
- Chapter 4: New scene where MC speaks with either Viara or Tiane.
- Chapter 4: Option to have the Little Wish take the form of MC’s sibling (sibling gender selectable by player).
- And whole lot of behind-the-scenes work to consolidate code and make nice subroutines that no one but me will ever see but I worked hard on so I still wanna mention here xD
You can find a guide on how to get different Chapter 7 scenes here