Knights of Evallon (WIP) [Updated 27 Jan 2024, 59k words]

Doing some juicy fanart for Y! and got a question :kissing_closed_eyes: :

-do they have a snake tattoo where they conjure the snake from? If so what arm and a rough idea of the design? I donā€™t think I saw anything talking about any tattoos but just wanted to make sure.

Love the writing of KoE and this might be the first WIP I actually read through without skipping around :joy:! Canā€™t wait for more!!

Much love :green_heart:

5 Likes

@LainyLu Thank you for reading. I appreciate it very much. I am glad you liked it.

5 Likes

Absolutely @Astralise.Ink :heartpulse:!
Iā€™m in the thumbnailing stage right now so I want to capture everything about the character before I go into my other processes of digital work. If its story immersion breaking you donā€™t have to tell me, Iā€™ll just get creative with what I plan to do.

2 Likes

@LainyLu Thank you, but may I ask which character are you talking about?

1 Like

Sorry @Astralise.Ink , let me clarify,Yuna/Yuri :smiling_face:. I put Y! Because I was talking about them in general. There was a scene in the WIP where they were fighting the MC and they conjured an ethereal green snake from their arm (only to not use it because they wanted their death to be slow :sob:). I will be drawing Yuri and he may or may not be semi-topless in the painting lol so I was curious to know does he have like a sleeve tattoo of a snake on his arm where he conjures the green snake from or is it all from within him and/or his sword?

2 Likes

@LainyLu Oh, gotcha. I imagine he must have a snake tattoo somewhere. You can put your own spin.

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

As promised, the rewritten version is here.

Update Log:
-Rewritten in order to fix the pacing issues, which was a common complaint.
-New ROS: Sofia/Soren, Mizrael, Zara/Zafir, Kairi/Karlen, Knight of Capricorn, Knight of Taurus.

45 Likes

Is there any new content added or should i wait till next update to replay?

1 Like

@Big_fan1231 I think at least 60% is new content.

9 Likes

Iā€™m honest with my feelings Iā€™m saying Iā€™m OK with anything My opinion the story was good If you want to modify it I think it would be great more creativiy the story youā€™re making Thatā€™s what I call rewriting things To me the writer has to have fun Iā€™m completely fine and how itā€™s gonna go out And thatā€™s what I feel about the story Having fun Building your own world So anyone can have fun reading it and Enjoy it
Thatā€™s my personal feelings and thatā€™s what Iā€™m feeling reading this

1 Like

Now im gonna post this image to every Wip I like lol

14 Likes

Soren is one of the most often used names for my MCs xD
Good that in this wip I decided to go with something elseā€¦

Thatā€™s a lot of new ROs :thinking: that means the old ones were removed?

3 Likes

Haha! Only Thane has been axed in order to accommodate Mizrael. The rest are still there. You can see the full list on the top post.

4 Likes

So is Kairi/Karlen like Dead Dead or will they like come back to life or something? :joy:

1 Like

@Fenrir1 Lmao! Who knows.

4 Likes

ā€¦ Not too many? :neutral_face: If there are a lot of ROs, their routes are usually worse, because author cannot give enough time and place in the story to all of them. Itā€™s just observation from various games Iā€™ve read.

1 Like

This is good. The previous write was good, but this rewrite is wholesome. I just hope we have the option of not being tied to only one RO.

Oi there @Astralise.Ink I was re-reading this and found a lots of pronoun errors, I played as a female and my MC was repeatedly referred as he/him/his.

Hi :sparkling_heart:

I remember reading this WIP some time ago, and now itā€™s really different. I liked it so far.

So, I noted there is pronoun errors, in my gameplay Karlen was a male but sometimes was referred as she/her

There are some of the errors:

In the second paragraph I think the correct should be ā€œhis nurturing atitudeā€

Also my MC is a female but was refered as male or as ā€œsirā€ in some passages

4 Likes

Thisā€¦ isnā€™t what I expected.

Opens with us being a generic Dark Lord, then skips to us dying like a punk, the rest is riddled pronoun errors, abrupt transitions, and the fight with Taurus ends in failure even though I brought her to her knees.

I think I liked the old version betterā€¦

9 Likes