Knights of Evallon (WIP) [Updated 27 Jan 2024, 59k words]

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Holy f—Okay, did not expect that.

Aaaand now we gotta see the guys. What? We gotta keep it fair, right? :wink:

4 Likes

You are right. But whenever I ask the artists which version they would rather draw, they pick female. I’ll need to find someone good at drawing men.

5 Likes

8df37f3e4fdd2b8a919fd185c0e8112d

4 Likes

Artists

18 Likes

@QuestionableLemonade :sweat_smile:
@No_This_Is_Patrick Haha! None of my characters look like that though.

4 Likes

Hello there!
I just wanna tell that i found some typos of the pronouns for the f!mc

1 Like

@Kainen Thanks for the report. It should be fixed now.

1 Like

6a546c02aa73e8192588888f5de1ebf0

3 Likes

Just finished playing. Loving the idea of a ruthless assassin, that is also a shameless flirt, because life is short. Disappointed we couldn’t hit on the reporter more. Being able to blow her a kiss and wink instead of just a mock salute would have been nice.

A little disappointed it looks like we had to save the dog, but then it was to meet Amelia, so that’s okay. Made up for it by being able to give Leon death glares when he tries to interrupt our MC hitting on the pretty.

Also would have been nice if we could let Isabelle win the race at the start so we could stare at their arse.

1 Like

In that scene where MC fight with the snake mask assassin and Inspector Flavia intervene to save MC, i chose to stay and help her, when i pick " Stay back (and wink) " as the flirt option , there was an error and won’t turn the page.

Thus far, it is very engaging and stylish since the prologue , i especially like the choice of performing the task while also having choice to treat it like an art to impress the audience , the option to spare as much people as possible is also an encouraging part of this WIP

2 Likes

Got this error and a mistake with Yuri’s pronoun.

2 Likes

If we are very bold there should also be a option where we could steal a kiss if they’re not looking to the despair of the detective too added.

9 Likes

@Alley_Cat Thanks for reading. When I am re-reading it, I’ll see how much flirting I can possibly pull off. I think there’s an option to let Isabel win though.

@Eric_knight Thanks for reading and pointing out the error. I’ll fix it tomorrow. And yes, I will try to offer multiple options as long as it doesn’t balloon too much.

@Zest Thanks for the report. I totally missed it. I will fix it tomorrow.

@Sakura_Higanbana28 Haha! That will piss F off.

8 Likes

There is. But not just to stare at their arse. Maybe it’ll just be part of my headcanon in my playthrough

2 Likes

Don’t know if these errors been mention, but the save states are still showing an error of smPlugin.
There is still an error for the stat screen as well

[choicescript_stats line 49: Non-existent variable ‘primary’]

and lastly entering chapter 1 gives this error.

chapter_1 line 9: Non-existent variable ‘sword’

1 Like

@Alley_Cat Haha! That’s true.

@Seventh It’s because I changed some of the variables. It should work now.

2 Likes

So is it confirmed that the setting is a future version of Earth? Or is it an alternate version? From the figurine (statue of liberty???), the age of atoms is our modern age, though it’s not clear when it ended. The age of the sun’s wrath is the age in which the Sun expanded. There are other references as well (Europa, Britannia, etc.)
The present time seems to be after a ‘goddess’ Yashera came down to Earth and fixed the orbit of the Earth and the Sun as well, according to the author. Then humanity restarted, I guess?

1. But current humans don’t have magic. Is it some kind of future technology that people think is magic, or is it an alternate Earth? If it is technology, how then, is it possible for prophecies to exist?
  2. Is Gralea a communist nation? There’s that quote ‘religion is the opium of the masses’ which I think is by Karl Marx? Then, what about the Red Federation?
  3. What is the time period(technology level)? It seems like around the 1900~1920s to me, but I’m not sure. Communism(?) has appeared. Colonies are in revolt. Random crown princes have died. The situation for the continent of Khitai(China), Hoseon(Korea), and Yamato(Japan), is basically the same as in the 1900s, right before the Japanese annexation of Korea and the invasion of China.
  4. Is the goddess Yashera a future human? I’ve considered that humans achieved space colonization in the age of atoms, and escaped the near-certain death of the Earth caused by the Sun’s expansion. Maybe later came back the ‘fix’ the Earth? Then they shared technology, which the locals think is magic. The About section of this page talks about ‘star sailing gods’ which sounds suspiciously similar.
  5. Is the land of Hesperides the Americas? The land of the Hesperides, in Greek mythology, is said to be located west beyond the sunset, which I feel is suspiciously kind of like the Americas.
  6. Is the Iron Empire Germany. If so, when was WWI? Was it part of the Evallonian invasion of Gralea?
  7. What irl element if it exists, is Ascyx?
  8. Do nuclear weapons exist or did the age of atoms actually end in a nuclear war? It is said that the land of Hesperides is filled with a high level of radiation. Unless there’s a type of radiation-causing magic, the radiation has to be from nuclear fallout.
  9. Finally, the Features section references ‘old’ gods, which we haven’t seen yet. Are they the gods of ancient mythology(Greek, Egyptian, etc.), or are they something else?
    Thanks for the great demo!
2 Likes

@Nadelesc Wow! You have thought a lot about it. Okay, I’ll try to tackle them one by one.

The Age of Atoms covers the timespan after the Bronze Age Collapse and the future end of the modern age.

You are on point about the Age of the Sun’s Wrath.

And yes, whom they call Yashéra did something to restart human civilization.

And the similar names and events that mirror the Earth as we know it is because of the cyclical nature of the setting. If you meet Archexarch Elektra, she mentions something related to it in passing.

Getting to the bullet points:

1)So there has always been magic on this Earth, although it only existed in the fringes. Imagine our Earth, but gods and myths exist in the background. Some of the “unexplained” mysteries of today are in fact caused by the supernatural in this world.

2)Gralea is a communist nation. It became communist when Peter Zevrev led the defense agaisnt the Evallonian invasion. And yes, Elektra was indeed quoting Karl Marx. The Red Federation is a union of communist countries.

3)The technology level is mostly stuck in the early part of the 20th century because of some very specific reasons. However, this world doesn’t use petroleum so there are some deviations in the development of machinery and technology.

4)Yashéra is something else. The Age of Atoms ended when space exploration was in its nascent stage. Humanity never left the Solar System. Since then, humanity has never managed to reach another space age again because of specific reasons. Yes, the Star Sailing gods will be expanded upon. They arrived at the tailend of the First Age aka the Age of Atoms.

5)You are absolutely correct about Hesperides. Humanity has these collective memories of the past ages, and sometimes they show up in these names. Another hint is the legend of the globe spanning empire centered on Hesperides that existed once upon a time. Of course, the US was never an empire, but memories tend to get distorted over the ages. Also, everything the people believe about the current state of Hesperides might not be true.

6)The war waged by the Iron Empire is another echo of the events of the past age. Like I said, because of the cyclical nature of the Universe, events tend to repeat across the ages, although not in an exact manner.

7)Ascyx doesn’t exist irl. However, there’s a story behind its existence.

8)For now, there are no nukes. At least not in this age.

9)Yes, the old gods are the gods from various pantheons. Also, some of them could still be walking around.

I hope I have answered all your questions. If I missed one, please let me know. Thanks for reading, and I very much appreciate the detailed questions. You really went deep. Haha! I am so glad you did. Finally, my efforts at worldbuilding are paying off. XD

14 Likes

Hello, This is a great WIP, the prologue really got me hooked. But i can’t get past this??
I tried all three choices but it gave me errors

1 Like