Kingdoms: Embers In Ashes[WIP] [OLD VERSION]

Drat, good I didn’t place a bet with someone over this, cause I think you’d have been the first to advocate for a female mc, what with your decidedly imperial empress aspirations in multiple games and wip’s around here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So that’s why my Indonesian great-grandmother married my great grandfather, at least initially. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Don’t they at least have a cute prince my mc can marry, does it have to be an opposite sex marriage?

3 Likes

What a wonderful suggestion. Perhaps after the author addresses her initial issues and hurdles, such a milestone can be adopted for later development … at that time, I’m sure you’ll be happy to bring up the proposal once more, won’t you?

:gift_heart:

6 Likes

Well we just have to wait and pretend that nothing happened … (that will be difficult :joy: )

2 Likes

Maybe we can have an affair despite the arranged marriage.

Although considering the homicidal tendencies of that royal family, it might not be the best idea.

2 Likes

Only if my mc can do it more or less openly, much like Renly in game of thrones, otherwise my mc isn’t going to sneak around and repress who he really is forever.

So misery in marriage it is then, I think my mc would rather run as far away as possible and live out the rest of his days as a humble, but free fisherman or something.

2 Likes

@Szaal I suggest you watch the Red Wedding from Game of Thrones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, I’d say that’s worse than getting stabbed in your sleep lmao

1 Like

haha. :joy:

They need heirs. If it was same-sex marriage, how would one of them get pregnant? But I’ll be sure to put a chance where you can be on an affair to someone with your preferred gender.[quote=“MockTurtle, post:24, topic:27494”]
Maybe we can have an affair despite the arranged marriage.
[/quote]

Yes. Yes you can. :slight_smile:

@Szaal Lol haha. I do watch game of thrones. The original story was less-brutal. After many sorrows and sufferings in the Red Wedding, I came up with an idea and put in in my story. So yeah, it is inspired in Game of thrones. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ehem… **Spoilers:Yes, you can hide a weapon during your wedding night.

Future Features: (That I can think now)

• Romance. Yes, definitely romance. You will have time to have dates with your wife… or another RO. :smirk:
  • War. Waging war, not only to the enemy kingdom, is entirely your choice.
  • Politics. I already encoded the influence stats. It will be an important thing as it will have an impact to your ending.
  • More stats.
  • Having cool artifacts! :laughing:

This story is about the second-in-line prince of Darvis. After this project is over, I will put my focus to making a story about the princess of Lucraex. If this project is successful, I plan to make a story about the Lucraesian princess who married the mc.

7 Likes

Well with a same sex marriage you can get heirs by adopting or using a woman as the surrogate. No need to marry her and be trapped in the loveless sham marriage from hell. :wink:

So long as we can do it more or less openly. No particularly secretive sneaking around for my mc. Especially since I think the fact that he and his “wife” cannot stand one another will be a particularly big secret.

2 Likes

To be fair, a lot of oldschool marriages are like this. :laughing:

I mean the nobles could very well adopt a child, but who’s to say someone from the peasantry–or worse, a bitter noble rival–won’t claim the child as their own? Aye, better to take it the slow and steady route.

Whether your lady friend agrees to be the surrogate is anyone’s guess.

1 Like

The wife hates the mc. It’s no secret, as both of the royal families hate each other. Your wife will have a low opinion of you, but it can always be changed when you get to know her.

I forgot to mention that they have a religion that disapproves of homosexuality. If a royal member is caught with the act, they are to be banished and their royal title will be taken away.:cold_sweat:

With that being said, a king still has a lot of power.:smirk: There might be a possibility where you can declare same-sex marriage in your kingdom.

3 Likes

@Sophia
I found a bug. At 5 months old, when you make the second choice (when you try to behave) it says that you got +5 Good. But when I looked at the stats sheet, making the choice gave me +2 Evil.
Other than that, I am really interested in how this game will turn out. Will your wife ever like you? Or is it possible for you to set her aside for one of her ladies-in-waiting (like Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn)?

1 Like

Yeah, I am absolutely aware of that bug. I’m currently looking at wikis and tutorials to solve that problem though. Maybe I should just buy a bug spray…

As for your wife, it is possible to make her like you. But depends on what kind of ‘like’. In future versions, you may have her as a friend or as a lover. If ever you will divorce your wife, she will go back to her kingdom. Why would she stay in a place full of enemies?

5 Likes

:joy:

Will that have negative consequences for the MC’s kingdom? Will it cause the other kingdom to declare war?

1 Like

You can only divorce your wife if you’re king, or when you have good relations with your brother who is the king or having good relations with the high priest.

Yes, It will negatively affect the kingdom because your marriage is the proof of peace. Divorcing the princess is like tearing out the business deal you had with the other kingdom. Depending on your relationship with the King of Lucraex, they may or may not wage war on you.

2 Likes

So you mean my mc could have gotten out from under his rotten marriage by simply giving a public sex-show?

It might be better to legalize homosexuality with the implicit implication that same sex marriage is now legal too.

Sounds a lot like the absolute worst punishment for Dutch gay nobles during our own golden age. Honestly being booted to Paris with half their fortune was a far lesser punishment then what lower class individuals got. I imagine even those relatively poor nobles who couldn’t live on half their fortune would have had little trouble turning their superior educations and usually fluent French into some sort of occupation in France if they had to.

Well then I hope our dear brother isn’t very religious because for my mc having decent relations with the high priest of a gay hating religion would be next to impossible.

Then I sincerely hope she’s bisexual or a lesbian herself.

Thanks for the advice. :blush: I’ll keep that in mind.[quote=“idonotlikeusernames, post:37, topic:27494”]
Then I sincerely hope she’s bisexual or a lesbian herself.
[/quote]

I will probably set the princess of Lucraex as bisexual or straight in this story. We need to make our wife attracted to us of course. Having a lesby wife would be harder to conquer, as she prefers women than men.

3 Likes

If she’s sexually attracted to our mc’s that would make it a lot harder for mine, cause he certainly isn’t sexually attracted to her. With a lesbian wife an understanding could be reached more easily where my mc pretends not to notice her handmaidens in return for her ignoring his buddies.

2 Likes

Well, having a good relation with your wife or having high charisma might help you in your situation. The mc can explain his gender preference to his wife. The princess may understand you. You two may come to an agreement. :slight_smile:

Edit: I was also inspired by Guinevere. So, expect the scene when Guin told Lance that she was lesb.

7 Likes