Kingdoms: Embers In Ashes[WIP] [OLD VERSION]

Pretty sure @Sophia said that it is possible to die in our 20s, not that the Second Prince will absolutely die in his 20s. :thinking:

Yeah Prince can die before “Happily Ever After”
stage…

Yep, like @AmericanShakespeare said, mc can die at some point in the story. Here are what @Sophia reveal so far

Edit:
And this

He may not die but sure as hell we are not moving from the 20s @Okami-Nora

…? :confused: I think there’s been some misunderstanding between what i was trying to get across with my original post that was quoted.

As @Sophia confirmed, it is possible to die for the Second Prince to die between the ages of 17-25, but it’s also possible that they can survive at the end of the game. That said, the game stops officially when the prince is 25 and then we get a epilogue to end the story.

But that’s not exactly stopping us as players from getting the Second Prince enough skills and support from others to become a force to be reckoned with a voice that carries the same weight as his brother DURING the story (despite the Second Prince not being/not interested in being king). And it won’t stop the Queen from possibly being ambitious at the sight of her child growing in power or the King not being keen to see the kid from become someone who can be a potential threat to his oldest son’s position. The Second Prince has a good number of years during the story to still become someone with authority to rival that of the king in some way and gaining the means to do so while also surviving until the official end of the game.

heck it has a strong potential of drama if we can get the Second Prince to that status, especially if important people become torn between who they want as the official ruler (causing even more displeasure from the king).

8 Likes

how come do we get -1 if we go silent when shes is doing the same next after the mc…that girl has no sense at all.

4 Likes

And it still feels a bit insulting, doesn’t it? Despite what her intention may be the MC isn’t given an option to give a speech that justifies their actions like her.

6 Likes

yup i think thats why we get -1, she feel insulted if we go silent mode…, but if shes going to do the same… i cant seriously understand how come she dislike the mc for it.

(i think sophia should add a way for us to reply back to her when she does her speech, something like:

The bride remains silent. The question was asked again, yet Sophia does not respond. Again, the question was asked and the people grew impatient with the princess.

“Answer it already!” One of the nobles shouted. Princess Sophia turns around.

“For what?” She asks. “A vow of an undying love? We all know that all words spoken in this wedding are like thin air. The vows promised will soon be broken, once my head will be in a spike. Did you really think that I would believe a single word that all of you will say? I will marry this man, but I will never promise to the gods my love for him.”
Before the priest can continue you speak your mind.

Neither will I, even less after the disrecpect you have show now to me and my people here.” you snark back at her,
( +10 nobles, +5 Melissa, +5 Queen Victoria )
_congratulations you just unlocked " Snark back achievement ". :joy:

12 Likes

I actually had a few questions about the game! (I’m new to this thread so I’m sorry if they have been answered in the past!)
But I was wondering if it would be possible to befriend the ROs you dont want to date. For example in one run I am playing I made my character gay, however he thinks of Melissa as his best friend and is hurt but understands her giving him the cold shoulder. He also really would like to get along with his wife. Not ever have any romantic intentions with her but just be able to have a civil discussion with her. In his eyes he’s marrying her for his country and hopes to form a friendship with her considering they would be stuck together for the rest of their lives.
Secondly, I get the feeling you’re going for a realistic-historical fantasy and that is why its imposible to state that your not attracted to women to any of you’re suitors but would it be possible to let Sophia know you’re not in anyway attracted to her? I feel like that might thaw out some of her harshness and ease a lot of her worries. (This obviously wouldnt work to help romance her considering she would think you’re not interested at all in her but if there were a platonic friendship route I feel like it would help a lot)

8 Likes

Honestly, it’s those words that quickly caught Arlan’s attention. The only female he seems to have created a friendship with is Melissa, and she’s not really a person that seems to have the courage to voice her honest opinions and disagreements (currently). So seeing this girl stand up for herself, despite being surrounded by many who clearly oppose her, fascinates him and makes him feel a great deal of respect for her.

the contrast between the relationship the Second Prince’s starting relationship with Melissa (which starts out potentially warm but becomes more distant after her marriage to his brother) and Sophia (which starts out VERY cold and distant, yet can become more genuine and strong with enough effort on the Prince’s part) is quite interesting, I must admit.

@Sophia

(These are just personal opinions on certain scenes)

-During the scenes with where, would it be possible to be more ambiguous (or just outright avoiding) about the topic of our feelings toward Melissa? Like when her father tries to ask about the Prince’s feelings toward her or when Melissa tries to strike a conversation about Sohpia’s beauty, the prince could express a desire to not talk about either matter or just outright keeps their mouth shut to show they have no desire to have the conversation? Some players may not want to outright talk about any past feelings they had for Melissa and may not want to lie about the matter either; they just may want to discuss the topic just yet (or with people besides Melissa when the time is right).

-And the option during the balcony where we can choose ‘I wanted to marry Melissa, but I feel like I have to let her go’ is a choice that actually fits more in the scene we’re about to get married to Sophia (or some choice that sounds similar to it). Like, the feelings can be implied to be there, but the Prince could express the fact that they feel like they have to let her go for both their sakes.

-There’s also the scene with the where the Second Prince meets King Andus for the first. It seem like the part where he says “Yes, I see that. It is a miracle that her son would be gifted in combat”, might be a better moment to have the reader choose how their young prince openly reacts to him (like if the prince does cower, returns the cold glare, just outright ignores him in favor of Javier, etc).

On another note:

I found a song that kind of makes me feel like this is how The Second Prince and Sophia’s romantic relationship will develop; trying to understand the sincerity of their possible feelings for each other and wanting to fully bridge that gap between them after a while.

Fun fact; in the video game this song comes from (Ar Tonelico 2), the girls in it are the only ones who really sing in this language. But the male main character in his ending with this particular girl, learned how to sing this song so that his feelings could get across to her (and she joined him in the song, to express her own feelings, so it worked). :blush:

4 Likes

What language is that song in?

Hymmnos. At least, that’s what my research tells me.

closes the wiki page

4 Likes

it seems more an insulting speech both to the people and culture of the mc than a way to express what she feel at the moment, someone that arrogant is a bit turn off for me xD (she should know the mcs name , even if she heard it from the priest she can address him but instead opt for “this man” and that is quite insulting, even more in a room full of the closest people to the mc.

1 Like

Whilst insulting you have to bear in mind she is essentially in the vipers nest, most people wouldn’t hesitate on branding her an enemy (or running her through, for the more unscrupulous). I’m sure an emotional Second Prince would be in a similar position if the roles were reversed.

5 Likes

Bro I haven’t seen or heard anyone use snark in a long time XD

Now for the rest of this I agree that’s a good idea and could be amusing as long as that’s not the only option. 2 of her family have died to thimese marriage contracts so I can see why she hates it and why she’s so against it so. Though as stated before I like the line of thinking here and @Sophia should consider an option here something along the line of your, one along the lines of “I am not like other men or nobles. I swear I will treat you right and show you the respect you deserve if you’ll give me a chance.”, and another along the lines of “I do not like this any more than you but fighting for the rest of our lives won’t make this better. Let us atleast try to remain peaceful if nothing else.”

i agree and understand it, but it doenst change the fact how and where is she saying it…

i learned to write and talk english by playing online games like counter strike, delta forcé 2… etc so my english is a bit mixed between many english speakers…:laughing:

i agree, but she does know the mc is also being forced… so it works for both of them.

1 Like

My second prince might not like his new wife much just yet, but her little speech has him seeing her as a potential ally against the one he sees as his true enemy, the king. It’s becoming clear to him that dearest dad sees him as a threat to the preferred son and his brothers cold behavior at the wedding makes him fear that the king has swayed him to that way of thinking.

In fact he suspects they are hoping she murders him in his sleep. The way he sees it winning her over to his side would be an act of revenge.

At this point romance with his wife is the last thing on his mind. However, he is very disappointed at how meekly the supposed love of his life has accepted her forced marriage and Princess Sophia’s willingness to voice her beliefs could become very attractive to him. I’m not sure yet which direction he will be going but I suspect it will be entirely up to Sophia and how she responds to his olive branch of peace.

2 Likes

Duke Clarent smiles at you fondly. “You look just like your father when he was at your age.”

“How preposterous!” Queen Victoria states. You can sense a hint of nervousness from her. “Of course he would!”

That part has me wondering if the second prince is the king’s son.

1 Like

I mean they did say we look like him. the queen probably used cheat on the king and that why he hates her…?

I thought they hated each other due to their arranged marriage?