Kingdoms: Embers In Ashes[WIP] [OLD VERSION]

are you trolling or is that true?
even with andus alive 1 year of rebellion?
:scream:

Notepad is a very basic, minimalist word editor. It comes free with Windows.
Notepad++ is awesome. You can save a file as “*.html” and it marks up to help you out with coding.

Oh man… the meme’s of this one… :laughing:
Also, command line prompts 4TW!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :cry:

I’m 65% certain we’re not being trolled, a pity, this was fun while it lasted.

I remember when I quit my first and only game, can’t remember if the trouble was failing Choicescript or not not understanding Notepad ++ when everyone else both were so easy.

I never recovered :neutral_face:

A thought-experiment (that’s not really relevant anymore): I thought about deconstructing a character’s facade and revealing their true selves by imagining them in situations where they would retain their resolve or fall into bestial instinct.

So I basically pictured the four ROs trapped together in a sinking ship where only one of them could escape.

But while I tried unsuccessfully to simulate a circumstance where Clithus would actually break her vows and leave Sophia to die I realized the factors to consider should not have been limited to external happenings but also to that of one’s internal constitution.

Then I realized the malleable nature of our psyche that is the basis of our sense of our beliefs and sense of individuality and how that can be exploited under appropriate levels of stress to bring about either a revelation of self-truth or madness. I found it amusing picturing the four of them succumbing to the latter disposition but had trouble pondering if their respective displays of insanity would be uniform or divergent from each other.

In other words: is it possible to annihilate the conscious integrity of a character,to uncover their hidden wounds and warts and see what they do when confronted?

a). I came to realize that in a sinking ship scenario Clithus would become empowered in her knightly ideals and willingly sacrifice herself to save Sophia, her resolve to do so kept intact at least until death finally claims her.

She operates on chivalry but its questionable whether her beliefs are followed with deliberation or intuition. We know that she was raised as a man for political gain within the feudal hierarchy, presumably from early age. Therefore from a baseline foundation she was ingrained towards masculine expression, specifically the chivalrous kind, which means compromising her knightly ideals are near impossible.

But there is a potential weak point through that shield: although she was raised as a man her body would grow as that of a woman and would change accordingly to its specifications. One has to wonder if there were attempts to reconcile this duality, whether her self-perception compromised on her feminine side or rejected it.

In other words, does she see herself as a true and valid knight, her faith and confidence in that self-image holding supreme precedent over all doubts and insecurities that might hinder that otherwise impenetrable baseline?

If she gives into passion or sentimentality and falls in love with the MC then that could be interpreted as reconnecting with her repressed femininity but if she acts on it then she has arguably betrayed her vows or at least would consider herself to have compromised on the chivalrous masculine ideal she was trained to uphold.

Would she handle the perceived guilt and shame and retain her position, transforming into her own ideal of a female knight allowed to practice love? That might be the best case scenario.

What if she’s given particularly dishonorable orders from Sophia, as unlikely as that is to occur? Would she carry them out and continue to believe in herself or cope through becoming a cold instrument of her mistress’s will? Most likely not the former but I am inclined towards the latter assumption should she choose to remain in the service of Sophia.

If so then any aspirations to be a paragon of justice and righteousness would dissipate, Clithus would be forced to realize the only absolute truth is her being killing machine clad in armor and ideals of knighthood merely a socially justified ornament to that armor. She would be made to reflect on the utilitarian sum of what she sacrificed (traditional female role) and what she spent her whole life to achieve (pretending to male).

Would this break or reconstruct her internal constitution?

It makes make one wonder if she is either brave or pathetic or foolish for holding onto her current ideals. All three could potentially apply depending on which perspective is used.

Good news for Clithus since she won’t ever have to ponder such a truth in-game since Princess Sophia would never force her into such a place. Bad news is that she probably won’t develop much as a character and stay at the same person at core as she was from the start of the story, which isn’t necessarily even a downer but a show of fortitude.

1 Like

While I considered that ship experiment, I know that there are more chances of clithus coming out as winner but sophia’s and Kris/Kridus’ s chances are pretty good too. Mellisa won’t be able to come out alive and clithus’s defying her vows is debate able , as you said, but from my perspective she thinks of herself as a knight first and foremost so her defying her vows isn’t feasible but it could be possible if she falls in love with MC as after that many definitions will change for her and the outcome could decide her real character.

For gauging people’s mentality try imaging them in a fair where they have to go to stall of love, hate, obsession, rage, evil, depression, self - preservation. As they are the most powerful instincts or emotions

2 Likes

Melissa always gets the short end of the stick, anyone of the other three ROs could easily overpower her. When you think about it… she really has nothing when her noble status becomes irrelevant to the situation.

Kris is resourceful and has a fair chance of escape, her only real obstacle would be if she had to face Clithus head-on, in which case she is most likely doomed.

Clithus has military training, perhaps even a strategic mind, she could if she wanted ensure her own survival but she would prioritize saving Princess Sophia thus sealing her own fate due to honor.

Princess Sophia… cheats the system. She has TWO trump cards, not just the loyalty of Clithus (the only RO with the support of another RO) but also the fact her royal blood gives her strong affinity with fire magic, which she’s apparently very good at. :clap:

Yes in the end it would come down to either Sophia or Clithus, the former might even be willing to die herself to prevent her bodyguard and friend from sacrificing themselves.

Putting those two in a stall of self-preservation could be interesting… could there be a limit to how far Clithus will put Sophia’s well being ahead of herself?

1 Like

You all make it like she never going to work on this again…

We don’t know for sure though, as much as we know Kris/Kridus can actually pretty good in fighting her. Besides, I doubt Kris/Kridus going to face Clithus in the first place considering they actually couple in canon, but I could be wrong.

Maybe, but i really doubt it since according to @Sophia in canon clithus die because she tortured, and that actually supposed to be what happened to princess sophia.

I agree that it would come down to either of them but I am sure Sophia will come out through many situations like

• clithus managing to convince her.
  • clithus hitting her on the head and sending her out

I think clithus has very little amount of self preservation instinct as if she had anything like that she wouldn’t be able to fight and be chosen to guard Sophia.
Let’s face it Sophia is pathetic when it comes to relationships so I can’t imagine her managing to convince clithus to leave or having the guts to hit her only friend even if only to save her from death

4 Likes

But I want the full game NOW!! :frowning:

But seriously, if she needs a break I support her taking one.

2 Likes

Don’t know much about princess Sophia at this stage so it’s quite possible that she manages to change our perception of her character but she is quite a coward ( for the lack of a better term) and it’s hard for me to imagine her to stand up for herself. ( yes her attitude currently is somewhat contradictory to thus but you know that it’s not her, it’s more of how she wants to present herself )

RO stealing my RO :pensive: Wait would she still be polygamous?

Interesting…

I wonder if Clithus is capable of having another purpose to live for outside of protecting Sophia but I now have a feeling she would still sacrifice herself even if she loved the MC as long as her core beliefs remained intact.

I suppose that is an underlying irrational fear.

2 Likes

Maybe? I kinda doubt it since she/he is with clithus who doesn’t like things like that, but clithus could also let Kris/Kridus do it :thinking: I think it’s better to ask @Sophia herself about this.

I can’t really blame you though.

I’ve just gotten really invested in content I was expecting to be released in the coming months, rather than the later half of next year that we can expect when Sophia’s next project goes well.

You mean released in HG or next update? If it the former I don’t think it’s going to be that fast with how many chapters that going to be here… If it the latter, at least we got something new to play right?

It’s the latter and you do have a point. I suppose I over reacted. Thanks. :grin:

1 Like

HAHAHA I FEEL YOUR SUFFERING :smiling_imp:

Yeah, I can do that.

Actually, the rebellion will last for months but I have no specific date when it will end exactly.

They aren’t. They had this attraction to each other, buuuut… Clithus died. If Clithus lived, then they would totally hit off.

:slightly_frowning_face: well, at least my point still stand. And out of curiosity, if Kris/Kridus and Clithus fight who the one that most likely win?

Clithus is stronger than Kris, but the thief is faster. Kris would just escape, so the winner is not determined.

So yeah, there’s that.

1 Like

Thank you. :triumph: :smile:

1 Like

Progress Report

• I’m making Sophia’s prologue already. Like, I just started. I would probably finish writing the prologue tomorrow, so yeah. There you have it. :slight_smile:
12 Likes

Report received.

2 Likes