Kingdoms: Embers In Ashes[WIP] [OLD VERSION]

I avoid evil playthroughs as a rule but the game really makes it sound like arranging for Melissa’s sudden and tragic widowhood would be easier than getting the marriage annulled, practically speaking.

And if one does that, well it’s only fair to let daddy dearest know that he’s the one who made the MC his brother’s enemy and ultimately an only child.

Seriously the stupidity of the king there amazes me.

There are only four options between Melissa and the second prince. Either the second prince wants Melissa and not the throne. Or the second prince wants Melissa and the throne, or the second prince wants the throne and not Melissa, or the second prince wants neither the throne nor Melissa.

In the first option the King’s little stunt causes brotherly conflict where there wasn’t any, under the last option it does nothing, and under the second option it gives the second prince more reason to see his brother dead, and under the third option it just makes killing the crown prince the more likely to be successful method of gaining the throne.

So the only way breaking the second prince’s engagement actually achieves anything positive is if the second prince was willing to commit treason by conspiring to take the throne and willing to betray his brother, but too nice to resort to murder.

That’s a pretty idiotic assumption to make a decision on- best case scenario the traitors are nice traitors.

So if Javi is the second prince’s father maybe we should thank the Queen for making sure the MC didn’t inherit immense stupidity.

In fact maybe that should be a plotline- Checking to see if big bro has anything better than a hamster wheel in his head, or if he’s an idiot that will run the kingdom into the ground.

6 Likes

Good point. Death would be too much a mercy. The second prince’s nature is partially Andus treating him like s**t all his life for something he has no control over!

2 Likes

My mcs perfectly content with making peace with andus (which i think is possible) and helping marxus rule the kingdom as his advisor but you know thats just me so yeah

1 Like

Personally, I don’t think peace with Andus is possible for the Second Prince.

1 Like

Considering the king believes the second prince is the bastard son of someone else, the son of a woman he loathes, and a tool of his mother’s ambitions for the throne, I think that depends on what one means by peace.

If for example, one means someone that the King just doesn’t give a shit about rather than actively loathing? Sure that I can see.

1 Like

@Sophia

Is there a magical way to prove that the Second Prince is Andus’s son?

1 Like

Actually @Sophia once said that if andus likes the mc enough he would name them the heir to throne though this is sophia we’re talking about here so that might’ve been a troll. Hey @Sophia was that a troll?

3 Likes

So uh…exactly how forbidden is necromancy? Would using it considered a crime or not? Asking for a friend here.

I’m sorry, but the real reason I’m asking is because I have an idea as how to emotionally torture our dear father using his deceased beloved Aless…

7 Likes

Hmmm…

That sounds like a good idea!

Yess but im not saying what it is.

I find it amusing that you’re asking that question. :smirk: And yes, that was a troll.

Note that the smirk emoji is after dot/fullstop, and she usually use smirk emoji when she troll.

1 Like

Wait so does that mean her saying it was a troll is just another troll?

1 Like

Hmmmm, i think it’s safe to say that it’s may not decided yet :thinking: although knowing her it’s very likely that she just messing with you.

1 Like

No I don’t. :smirk:

Counter a troll with a troll… That’s a nice idea…

1 Like

sure, sure you not :roll_eyes: :joy:

2 Likes

Huehuehuehue :smirk:

2 Likes

@Sophia

If there is a way, why hasn’t Andus made use of it?

He probably doesn’t care enough to know whether the Second Prince is his blood-related child or not.

Or he DOES already know that the Second Prince is his child, but prefers to act like the boy is not of his blood.

1 Like

So the Second Prince is his favorite punching bag?

Since the Second Prince comes from a woman Andus has no love for and the child seems to be more connected to magic (something Andus has VERY little fondness of) compared to Marxus…I’m guessing ‘yes’. :thinking:

He’s certainly never stuck his neck out for his youngest son the way he seems to do with Marxus.