Kingdoms: Embers In Ashes[WIP] [OLD VERSION]

It’s nothing to really apologize about. :slightly_smiling_face:

Though if others start simply posting about the either of the stories too much without having it relate to Kingdoms in some way, then it’s safe to say that we’d be going far too off topic. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I dont want to have a “bad” repu around here. :sunflower:

Back to topic: @Okami-Nora, since you’re the only one here, how do you see Marxus? A threat? A friend? A potential love partner(jk)?

1 Like

You’re new here; I don’t think too many people will honestly give you a hard time for not knowing all of the rules right off the bat.

I have two different opinions on that matter: one as a reader and the other as my Second Prince MC Arlan.

As Arlan, he loves his brother dearly and wants to have a stronger connection with him. For him, Marxus is one of the few blood-related family members who isn’t trying to use him in some way and he appreciates that. Arlan wants to be there for his brother to help him become a good king and show him that there are ways to solve issues without drawing a sword. He also wants to help shoulder some of his older brother’s burden while being there for him emotionally (all while trying to get Marxus to be more honest with him). That said, if Marxus becomes too much like Andus, Arlan is ready to go in and take the throne himself to prevent the Darvis Kingdom from having another man like Andus on the throne (though his heart would break if he saw his brother become too influenced by Andus).

As a reader, however, Marxus is a wild card to me. He could become a stalwart ally or a tenacious enemy in a number of ways. On one hand, he seems to be a good person at heart who may have the best of intentions behind his actions. On the other hand, he seems to be a great deal under Andus’ thumb in regards to being compliant to whatever his father wishes (due to having some longing to have a connection with the man) and seems at a great risk of being heavy under Andus’ influence. He also knows about Andus’ harsher treatment toward his little half-brother, yet doesn’t do anything and even seems to pretend that it’s not happening (for what reasons, I’m not sure. But Marxus does have his own battles he needs to deal with, if we’re being fair on that matter). There’s a lot going on with Marxus that I want to see unravel during the game (especially if the Second Prince and Marxus share a strong bond despite their parents’ behavior) and I hope there will be a moment where someone (besides the Second Prince) calls Marxus out on his flaws and possibly opens his eyes enough to make him stand on his own two feet while becoming a stronger person.

4 Likes

I see Marxus as a dangerous character, especially since he is too influenced by Marxus and Melissa and is too emotional(in my opinion). True, Marxus may become a powerful ally. But seeing Marxus’ possible father complex, might hinder his relationship with the mc. Since Marxus followed his father’s warrior path, he is trying to be WITH his father and tries to win his praise.

And what do people do when they want someones approval? Andus may order Marxus to kill the mc during the war campaigns.

Other than that, Melissa is also a dangerous factor. Just look at this situation;

Melissa gets love potion-ed by Andus = Andus will command Mel to convince Marx to kill the mc = Since Marx is an emotional and hopeless romantic dude, he will agree to Mel’s suggestion

4 Likes

@East

It’s always interesting to hear another person view on a character. Thank you for sharing you’re thoughts on the matter Lord Stark-I mean, @East.

But yes, Marxus does have his issues and those issues can be highly dangerous in regards to the Second Prince’s safety and Melissa own emotional nature can cause an equal amount of harm.

I can only hope that having a stronger bond with the Second Prince will make Marxus take an actual stand for his little brother when his father starts getting less discreet in his attempts to humiliate/harm the youngest Prince in some way.

3 Likes

If you remember, five year old bro gives the MC a “painful look” when visiting the MC in their crib.

To me that implies that even at five years old daddy dearest had drummed it into his head that the MC is a rival for the throne more than a brother.

Not that I think he believes it completely, heck, maybe he doesn’t believe it at all and is just to afraid/dutiful to defy his father.

Since it would require a freaking cattleprod to get him to communicate…

6 Likes

Of course, Winter is Coming. :smirk:

I view Marxus as a naive follower of King Andus.

That being said, I’m more interested in the Female’s path. Can we perhaps have high relations with Marxus and convince him to deepen his bond with Rein? Other than that, can we even seduce Marxus?

But wasn’t Marxus staring like he was thinking of something? Perhaps he thought of his mother, Aless? Maybe he was still mourning and happened to show his emotions at that time?

1 Like

No it’s autumn…:fallen_leaf:

1 Like

But Winter is still coming; we just have Autumn first. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s neither here on the equator. :umbrella:

4 Likes

Shhh! Let me quote the most amazing line! Winter is Coming…

Not sure if you took the joke seriously or not?

2 Likes

Damn it! Fine… I’ll switch to Lannister quote… Hear Me Roar

1 Like

Rawr!!

Lukas was based on Tywin right?

5 Likes

King Lukas? The first King of Lucraex? No. He was based from me.

Okay…I believe you… not really

1 Like

Did you forget that I’m Sophia’s seatmate irl? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Andus is a real piece of work. I’m looking forward to potentially killing him!

1 Like

Killing means death, so solemn and permanent, it adds nothing, just subtracts life back to zero.

Andus: What do you want my son whom I unconditionally not love?

MC: [kills Andus]

Andus: N/A

MC: That was boring.

It would be more satisfying to peel away his layers and mentally break him until he’s vulnerable or humiliated enough to beg for death, have him reevaluate his entire course of life and in his last moments taunt how he could have avoided all this (or that it was inevitable).

4 Likes

Considering that I’ve not only seen Game of Throne, but also played the Telltale game of it, I’d be very worried if I really didn’t know that line.

I just figured I’d extend the joke farther myself. :laughing:

So much desire to kill.

Am I really the only one who wants to soundly defeat Andus fairly yet let him live with the fact he lost in some way against the son he despised and has no control over him in any way? To break his embittered spirit and pride by letting him live with that fact?

C’mon guys, let’s be even more creative in our Second Prince’s dealings with Andus. After all, if the son is cunning enough, there may be a chance that giving Andus death would be much more merciful than having him live in what ever weakened state his defeat at the Second Prince’s hand leave him in.

3 Likes