Kingdoms: Embers In Ashes[WIP] [OLD VERSION]

begins to sing the bromance song while dancing like an idiot

2 Likes

I can’t believe that I only just found this game, had a great first play through and can’t wait to see where you take it

1 Like

Can I just start by saying, so far this is amazing! If the rest of th book is as well written and intriguing as the first two chapters, I will be buying it the second it is released!

I was curious about some things if @Sophia will indulge me.

P.s I’ve read about 150 comments so sorry in advance if I hit a repeat.

I’ve seen several people ask if you can kill the king. I’m curious if the opposite is true. Will you be able to keep the king alive to the end. Also if you have a high relationship with the king will there be a possibility of some kind of bonding scene between the mc and the king? Maybe a hunting trip or something?

My second question is, will it be possible to enter a open relationship with Melissa without having a bad relationship with Marxus or claiming the throne?

1 Like

I know this is a bit off current topic, but during the dinner scene when you drink Sophia’s water and she asks if you feel anything, I kinda imagined the Prince (if he has a playful personality) saying something like this:

“Do you feel anything?”

"I feel…"BELCHES “I feel fine.”

7 Likes

Funny, I can just picture the prince pretending to die from poison and absolutely no one appreciating his joke.

5 Likes

@Sophia

Are there any nobles who think the throne should go to the legitimate son instead of the bastard son, no matter how favored he is by the king?

And if Andus hates the MC so much, why doesn’t he just kill him?

1 Like

Interesting fact: My but was bitten by my dog before. :dog:

I like debates and stuff. And questions relating to the story. :slight_smile:

Sorry sorry. I forgot. :stuck_out_tongue:

grabs your hands and twirl crazily

Thank you, my good friend whose name rhymes with Darvis.

1 Like

To the end? Yes. In canon story, the king lost one of his foot and was greatly weakened. Let’s just say the mc defeated him and Queen Vicky held a grudge on him.

A bonding scene. King Andus is a complicated man, tbh. If he were to show the mc fatherly love, he wouldn’t say it and spend time with you. He would prefer to subtly give something to you and you can interpret it whatever you want. The mc can go to a hunting trip with him and its a chance to add your relationship stats with your dear dada king.

Me wanting to spoil something: :zipper_mouth_face:

Anyway, Marxus loves Melissa. You can have her when you become a king considering that you have a high relations with Marxus. You seriously need to have a HIGH relations with your brother cuz if you get Melissa’s marriage annulled, Marxus -30 relations.

Claiming the throne, yes. Marxus may voluntarily abdicate the throne to you.

:joy: Nice one. I may add that in the story…

One is Duke Velas, and other nobles. Some time in the story, you will be approached by a greedy noble who wants you on the throne.

And be depicted as a son-killer? No. He has this “reputation” as a king to hold. However, if he will kill the mc, he would make you commit a grievous mistake and then execute you.

1 Like

Note that she neglects to mention that this is only for an overt killing. More subtle ways of disposing of any MC are always on the table.

2 Likes

Such as sending the mc to dangerous missions and etc…

T-this cannot be! I thought it would only go that way if the MC doesn’t love Melissa back? D-do-does that mean the reason he doesn’t show any objection on the marriage was not just because his sense of duty, but also because he secretly also hopes for it?! Marxus, you bastard! It was a sad and gloomy day for me, yet it’s a happy and cheery day for you?!

My resolve of not killing you has wavered quite a bit, dear brother…

1 Like

Ninjas, summoned beasts, loose railing on a favorite balcony, gunpowder at a tavern, bribed coach drivers, snakes in your bed…

1 Like

When they first met, Marxus acknowledged Melissa’s beauty. His love for his wife was developed after they got married.

Would’ve loved to see how their relationship develop, to be honest. Even though it’ll be a bitter pill to swallow, seeing Marxus gradually fall in love with Melissa while she herself struggle to choose between her duty or her heart would nonetheless be a fine spectacle. And maybe…just maybe…the despair he’ll feel when Melissa inevitably choose the MC that loves her back rather than him would make all those years of pain and humiliation worth it!

Laughs maniacally

2 Likes

I for one want to help marxus and Melissa’s relationship blossom into something beautiful because my mcs a good brother :angel: (plus i personally prefer Sophia as my ro but to each their own i suppose)

Edit: I’m not trying to start a ro war so please dont do it i dont need more mods angry at me.

5 Likes

I noticed that my name and Darvis are quite similar as well did you model it after me? :wink: also I was wondering where being proficient in magic comes in later in the story as I don’t see much benefit of it so far

1 Like

Haha. No.

Yeah. The story is still 3% complete, so expect a lot of features available in the future.

Are one of those features the possibility of enchanting weapons? crosses fingers

that was hell a long way to walk through. but at least 3% is better than none at all

Wow this is defiantly going to be a big story then, are you planning on having it all on one game or breaking it down and doing a series?