Kingdoms: Embers In Ashes[WIP] [OLD VERSION]

Wew Thursday akoa
(20 characters)

@Sophia

what I found (with some comment)

I found this two :point_up_2: weird, because I in female path(you probably still work on it).

That Aiden, can’t he clean himself first before he kiss Kat cheek? :unamused:

Why it’s “Aiden” and not “your father/dad”? :thinking:

Also, why the first time walking scene for princess just this long

[b]You are 1 year old[/b] 

"Come on, ${name}," Aiden says while spreading his arms. "Show me how you walk those tiny legs of yours."

Your mother is out buying groceries, and you're left with your father who is affectionately spending his time with you. He gives off a goofy smile and proceeds to spreading his arms. He has been training - no, that's not the word… He has been making you walk for the past few weeks.

You hold on to the side of the bed, and try to stand. You feel your legs wobble, and the heaviness of your body. You drop on the floor. Fortunately, you didn't hit your head. Aiden goes to you immediately, concerned to your well-being.

Come on, baby! You can do this!
*fake_choice
	#I can do this!
		That's the spirit! You gathered all your strength and courage to walk. You move your right foot forward, then your left, and then your right. You repeat this process over and over again.

"Good job,  ${name}!" Aiden smiles. 

As time passed, you have familiarized on how to move your legs accordingly. You also felt your legs strengthen by the daily workout Aiden gave to you. 

(Strength +5)
		*set diligence -5
		*set strength +5
	#Hell no! My but hurts!
		Your butt hurts! Why should you listen to him? You wail loudly, making Aiden to cover his ears. He carried you like a bird, hummed you a song and did some funny faces, but none stop you from crying. 

(Aiden -1)
		*set aid -1

*page_break

While for the prince this long?

[b]You are 11 months old[/b] 

You sit on the floor and Javier is a few steps away from you, with a look of excitement in his eyes. 

"Just like we practiced." He says and then spreads his arm, welcoming you. "Now, show me your steps to becoming a man!" He chuckles.

Javier has been making you stand for a few weeks now. He would hold your hands and support you when you stand, but it looked like it will be different this time.

You hold on to the side of the bed, and tried to stand. You feel your legs wobble, and the heaviness of your body. You drop on the floor. Fortunately, you didn't hit your head. Javier goes to you immediately, concerned to your well-being.

"Alright, I'll hold your hands." Javier holds your hands and tried to make you stand. Again. 
*label walk

What do you do?
*fake_choice
	#Cry as loud as you can.
		Even as the prince of Darvis, you would bawl on the pain you feel on your butt. 

"There, there." Javier caresses you, and then hums a sweet melody you never heard before. "My father used to hum this to me when I was a child. He would hug me and caress my head, while humming this song. There's nothing wrong with failures, Prince ${name}. All you have to do is do the best you can."

Javier holds your hands, and this time, he says encouraging words to you.

What will you do this time?
		*fake_choice
			#Time to be a good prince.
				You stand with the support of Javier. You move your right foot forward, then your left, and then your right. You repeat this process over and over again.

"Good job, Prince ${name}!" Javier smiles. 

As time passed, you have familiarized on how to move your legs accordingly. You also felt your legs strengthen by the daily workout Javier gave to you. 

(Strength +5)
				*set diligence -5
				*set strength +5
				*goto 2years
			#No! My butt hurts!
				Your butt hurts! Why should you listen to him? You wail loudly, making Javier to cover his ears. He carried you like a bird, hummed you a song and did some funny faces, but none stop you from crying. 

(Javier -1)
				*set javier -1 
				*goto 2years
	#Try again!
		You stand with the support of Javier. You move your right foot forward, then your left, and then your right. You repeat this process over and over again.

As time passed, you have familiarized on how to move your legs accordingly. You also felt your legs strengthen by the daily workout Javier gave to you. 

(Strength +5)
		*set diligence -5
		*set strength +5
		*goto 2years
	*hide_reuse #Crawl. Just crawl to him.
		As much as you wanted to crawl, Javier holds your hand.

Do you want to break free?
		*fake_choice
			#Hell yeah!
				You dare-devil... I like you already.

You try to wiggle free from Javier, but your powerless body is unable to break free.

"Give it one more try, Prince ${name}." Javier tries to convince you, putting a gentle smile.

What will you do this time?
				*fake_choice
					#Time to be a good prince.

(Strength +5)
						*set diligence -5
						*set strength +5
						*goto 2years
					#No!
						You tried again, but the outcome is still the same. You can't escape from the grips of Ser Javier! You spent all your time trying to break free from him.

(Javier -5)
						*set javier -5 
						*goto 2years
			#No. It is too risky.
				You decided not to make this hasty decision.
				*goto walk

All in all, the Princess path childhood part can use some more work :thinking: (but you not necessarily have to do it immediately of course, I just want to point that out)

1 Like

In female it’s Jane Doe rather than John Doe :stuck_out_tongue:

In your playthrough it’s show up as Jane Doe and not John Doe? :confused: going to check it

It’s showing John Doe but I was saying it should show Jane Doe…

Made it in a rush. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So just did my first playthrough. Notes:

I am an emotional wreck

I am now questioning every love in my life

Never before have I wanted to punch a man in the face so much. I restarted just to click the option to punch him in the face again. Eventually my face will win against his fist

While I feel the age jumps can be a bit extreme and time frame of choices to brief, this game has done a extremely good job of getting me hooked. Looking forward to more self inflicted emotional abuse

8 Likes

That… sounds so wrong. In many ways.

2 Likes

So am I the only one noticed that the prologue is the only playable part in the demo? Is the author @Sophia rewriting the game or something? I really enjoy the story and am sad to see most of it missing.:cry:

1 Like

I believe the female part only has a small prologue BECAUSE it was added recently but the male one has the prologue plus 2 chapters although there are some parts still written

1 Like

May I ask why? :smirk: silently laughing

A Melissa fan, aren’t you?

Okay, you made me laugh in this part. :joy:

The female path was added recently, sorry to disappoint you. I originally planned to split each paths but I decided to write them both together. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why do I get a feeling that you’re enjoying this?

PS. I’m new here. Sup people.

Allow me to tell you a tale of my playthrough:

I started off as a charming yet skilled with blades kind-of-prince. Beloved by all, especially by the ladies. :wink: I captured the heart of the young Melissa by freezing a flower. She was an easy prey… But as a gentleman, I should accompany the women with my handsomeness.

My mother dearest. I could say that I was truly her son, since I inherited her deceitfulness. My mc truly admired Queen Victoria for her cunning mind and deceirtful plans. But. SHE FAILED! My mc was supposed to marry Melissa and have an ally for the throne! From then on, my mc held a grudge on her failure.

My father,or should I say, King Andus. I can’t even imagine my mc calling him “father.” Euhhhh… No. Not happening. :slight_smile: I’m killing him off in the story. He is a threat for me to become king, and that shall not happen.

Prince Marxus, my bro, is shown to be kind. But I have doubts of his true intentions.

Princess Sophia, my one and only wife, is perceptive. I’ll give her that. My only problem is how to eradicate her… Her loyal bodyguard is there, and she has high magic skill. Hello, author? Did you design her as the final boss?

2 Likes

Since you are new i will tell you a secret - she is known as madame chaos and feeds off from chaos and torment of others.

Welcome to the end of internet.

2 Likes

Hey, stop telling lies. :smirk:

evil laugh

1 Like

Fancy name. :sparkles:

She denies it.

oh really. just see your profile

2 Likes

It’s invisible. You can’t see it. :smirk:

Your forum profile says madame chaos. :joy:

4 Likes