Kingdoms and Empires (WIP)

Was thinking of this but it‘s easy to reform a religion if your powerful and since it‘s unorganized similar to totemism (I assume it‘s like it and people just worship and believe in her but nothing similar to the abrahamic religions with a head of religion and canon)

3 Likes

It’s not unorganized, there are clergy of church of Goddess, with an Arch-priestess having the power to declare a crusade. If we try to deviate from Goddesses teachings (even if they are different than actual teachings) I can see arch-priestess declaring a crusade on us.

3 Likes

Even better lest stage a coup and reform for our benefit : D

2 Likes

Only Women who are mothers can be clergy, also I assume those that do join the clergy, have to renounce their lands, titles, and claims. and start at bottom of clergy ladder. So…
May take a few decades.

6 Likes

@Horse_Jean and @HWKEye …potential spoiler ahead: The ability to enter the spiritual domain will have massive impact on the world at large, not just for the MC. I know I have not explained or shown what exactly it is or what happens when you enter one, but the next update will introduce what it can possibly mean for the future. It will without doubt change our MC, but it may even change the world due what can/will happen. Of course, the topic you two are discussing will be intertwined with what i just wrote.

16 Likes

Fair enough but being a hero if we are not killed in battle we may live for a hundred or more years especially with modern knowledge and the backing of a deity

So will it be far fetched for a man to be a hero and this claim right to crusade? (Sorry I‘am to addicted to the idea of a crusade rn) also since demon attacks are larger they may put that aside after all what use is faith if humanity is extinct

6 Likes

Since only women are allowed to be clergy, and wield the temporal power that comes with it, I highly doubt we will be able to claim the right to crusade.
But… I assume we may be able to pressure the Arch-Priestess into declaring a Crusade.
EDIT:
There is one thing I doubt that will change is that only women can be clergy. This is because it is considered that only women can have a close enough connection to goddess, so I don’t think men will ever be allowed to enter Clergy.

5 Likes

Sad but some influence is better than none at least

3 Likes

Apparently there never has been an Crusade called, so if we do get a crusade it will certainly be interesting.
Maybe it will be like CK2 after we win the crusade we can give the Kingdom to a relative.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Come brother, let us not engage further in this game of cat and mouse with the bird. I have been informed that while the economists have been engaging us in this foolish game of words they have already set a plan in motion. Our spies have observed emisseries from the economists mingling among the sellswords, the Lyamarckian backstabbers and the dogs of Arava. They have spewed their blood coin among the fools and wish to conscript a merry band of herectics against our might.
I have informed brother wolf @Commissar_Trevelyan of these developments and he has assured me that our recent developments in magick and tech will provide a stimulating outcome wrt the ballista and armamentations.
I have informed the Wolves of these developments and the 6th, 17th and 23rd legions are ready to be deployed. I have requested for heavy cavalry units, 12reinforcement contuberniums of line infantry and 4th and 12th siege ballista divisions to be integrated in the 1st legion as well headed by wolf @almostinsane should any flanking maneuver be deployed against us to dissuade us from our present course of action.
Fellow brother wolves, I humbly request you to grant me permission to lead the vanguard against the metallic avian @IronRaptor . I yearn to discipline the foolish economists with extreme prejudice and give them a proper sendoff in a casket of bloody gold which they so desire.

7 Likes

Economists and Warriors fighting in the Forum…
Shrish_Chauhan: Second Punic War Flashbacks

All the talks about the next update at this point according to me are just hyping it up even more. It seems like almost every notable question is slated to be answered in the next update. Though with all the things going on with the author’s work schedule, it would be even more impressive if the author manages to answer all the questions.

9 Likes

Goddamn bloody update can’t come soon enough. I’m bored to death already with all these hypes and yet it’s still is the middle of the month.

5 Likes

I know… I’ve been eagerly waiting :frowning:
but at least I’m making good progress on my own WIP which I haven’t released yet.
It’s about this MC who attends a space academy then starts working for this fleet/company and getting promoted to captain, and then the rest of the story is basically the player working their way towards being a starship Admiral and there’s a ton of events in between. got 8850 words on one page due to branching routes the player can take.(unfinished) (like romance options causes a branch and changes the story completely as an example)

6 Likes

Yeah goodluck with that endeavor of yours buddy @DarthMaul. Especially with all those bugs and typos crawling around in your codes they can be quite frustrating and packs a nasty bite in the ass to fix. It’s hard to crush them all and streamline it with those branches your planning.

3 Likes

Well, there is a + side in the typo department since I’m using Grammarly that detects most of my minor mistakes in writing.

4 Likes

The scorpions are being mass-produced within the royal factories already, and our howitz… Fire spiters, are in the final level of production and next to ready for deployment, same thing with siege equipment.

4 Likes

Splendid! Seems everything is going according to plan. I’ll see you at evening tea brother, just need to have a friendly chit chat session with the Arava hereticks the spies came upon today.

4 Likes

Very well, comrade. I shall ready my ballistaphants posthaste. Glory to the Empire!

(Draws sword) For Christ and Combat!

Uh… don’t worry about who “Christ” is, I’ll explain later.

4 Likes

Acknowladged. I’ll see to the final preparations of my cavalry.

Christ? We have a new captain or something? …nevermind, give him an axe and slosh him along with the reinforcements in the 2nd regiment.

4 Likes

Magic and engineer can we make a gun with enchanted bullets or maybe a magical mek

2 Likes