Keepers (WIP- Demo, poll in last post)

Help me please, it stays this after I try to go to the second page.

As soon as i go to page 2 i get an error so i cant really play the demoā€¦

@Renzenar & @Zodiacwolf01

Thanks guys for catching that! I believe I figured out what was causing the problem, but please let me know if itā€™s still not progressing past that point.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really loving the atmosphere that comes with reading this. I got pretty immersed when I was exploring Lothen since itā€™s one of my favorite kind of settings. Iā€™ll be looking forward to this one!

2 Likes

Thank you for the fix, and so far Iā€™m enjoying the game and canā€™t wait to learn more about the lore and what Keeping entails.

4 Likes

I visited Room 206 and told the girl her clothes were on backwards and this showed up:

I love all the lore with the statues, by the way.

3 Likes

@Relic Thank you very much! Iā€™m really glad you like it so far. I was worried it might be too much for people to make them not want to read it haha. Thereā€™ll definitely be more of Lothen around in future chapters but also a little more outside it.

@Renzenar Thank you for catching the issue! Youā€™ll definitely get some more info on that with the arrival of a character soon.

@Giratina Thank you for catching that issue! I wasnā€™t getting it in my version, but when I played through Dashingdon I did. Itā€™s odd because there is actually no coding on that line, so Iā€™m not entirely sure whatā€™s causing it. However, I did update the files once more and when I played through it using the link this time, it appeared to be working. Please let me know if you get the same or similar errors again. Thank you! Also, the statues may love you back too :open_mouth:!

2 Likes

Okay, so Iā€™ve been debating this for a little while, but choices are now coming up in the 2nd chapter which depends on a couple of the stats that can fluctuate quite a bit depending on what you ended up doing in the 1st chapter.

This is regarding the gender choice you make almost at the very beginning. If youā€™ve gone through the game, youā€™ll at least be starting to get hints that the life of a Keeper is strict in its ways. Abiding by the correct dress code is absolutely necessary.

Now Iā€™m wondering: would you like like to have the option of potentially choosing the other genderā€™s outfit? This will, of course, come with consequences, but it also opens the gender choice up to not just male and female. You will also have to input your own pronouns, titles, etc. if you choose this option, even if you decide to just wear the opposite genderā€™s clothing.

Just looked through this, and it looks very good so far. Only two things really seemed off to me.

Firstly, the flashback seemed a little weird; I didnā€™t realise it was a flashback at first. While I note that the tense does change, itā€™s small enough to not be obvious at once, and that ended up confusing me.

Secondly, the garden seemed a bit confusingly done, and I had to loop through parts of it several times to reach the parts I hadnā€™t tried yet. It might make sense to group all the options together in a single choice, and *disable_reuse them.

I donā€™t know if youā€™ve made your mind up on this or not, but here are my thoughts: I do really like romance in these games, but I also know that if a writer doesnā€™t really want to write in romances, but feels they have to, it can end up adversely affecting said romances, resulting in a less enjoyable experience. So, you shouldnā€™t feel as though you have to write romances unless you actually want to write them. If you do write them, then Iā€™d suggest making every RO bisexual unless you have at least eight of them, and you probably wonā€™t want to write eight ROs in your first story (I speak from experience here :expressionless:).

I would possibly suggest making this obvious before the choice, so that people at least know that theyā€™re being forced to dress that way, and not just that their character is choosing something that they wouldnā€™t want to choose.

Good luck with the game. :smile:

2 Likes

That would be pretty cool. I must admit I am more likely to be found in a guys clothes if skirts and dresses are involvedā€¦ now if only I could have a hood of some kind to hide within and some glasses and we would almost be able to totally replicate me! Also cats. But thatsā€¦ well you know. Cats. I donā€™t need cats in stories. Not requesting cats. I think I lost control of what I was trying to sayā€¦

umā€¦ Anyway, its a good idea, so everyone can feel like theyā€™re included and involved.

Also I have a hope for who can be a RO but Iā€™ll just wait to see what youā€™ve got up yer sleeves and suchā€¦ if you have sleevesā€¦ Umā€¦ I return to my lurking. I do less babble damage when I lurk.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I had something come up and that required me to move to a place where I donā€™t have access to internet on my laptop. Iā€™m posting this from my phone at this time.

I wanted to give you guys an update that I am still working on chapter 2, but I will not be able to post it since my laptop is the only device that runs the program. I will have internet again after next week, and I will post what I have then, and answer everything then. Iā€™m sorry for the silence so far, but thank you for being so patient!

7 Likes

The we shall have to let the sound of silence be our friend wile we wait patiently.

1 Like

Absolutely love this game!

I am so sorry guys, but I am back and working on the update. I wasnā€™t able to work on it too much when I was gone, but itā€™s still a decent chunk. Iā€™m planning on putting up an update soon with the major story line at least in place, but leaving out side quest and other secret things until the update after. Just so, you guys have a little more to check out, and I can get feedback on how itā€™s progressing so far.

I will also respond to everyoneā€™s post once I have the update ready, I feel so bad for not putting anything up yet and you guys have been so patient. I thank you all very much for that! I really appreciate it.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Reopened.

5 Likes

Soā€¦ this must be a sign that this game is still in progress! Or better yet, an update is on the wayā€¦

3 Likes

The prophets spoke of this day

3 Likes

Lmao this comment is genius

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Yes Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t end up posting before, there was a family emergency and well a lot has happened which didnā€™t allow me much time.

@Pandini Yes the game is still in progress. I have no intention of stopping this, just that it may be slower than most.

@alexxo97 Haha, I am flattered the prophets have mentioned this day, and I shall hope to not disappoint!

Iā€™m glad to see there is still interest in this, and I really thank everyone for your endless patience. I know many of the other games are progressing much faster, so for those who donā€™t like waiting long, I apologise that it is, but I hope that doesnā€™t discourage you from keeping up, or stopping by.

As for a future update, I will be posting a mini one later tonight or tomorrow for the first parts of chapter 2. Iā€™ll explain in that post, why it isnā€™t a bigger update at this time. I will also answer the questions from before the thread closed then.

Until then, I could really use your help! Iā€™d love it for those who check out the demo and like it, if you could make a quick post, and if nothing else just let me know what your stats are at the end of the chapter. The information will really help me along with future updates.

Thank you guys again, and I hope you understand, and I also hope you guys are and will continue to enjoy this WIP!

5 Likes