Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Glad to see more of the story. Spotted a few typos:

“…Well,” says Heather, “we should probably unpack and get no know each other”

They must be worried sick about you.” – Should be he/she in case the MC lives only with father/mother.

“It definitely sounds it.” – I’m not sure if this one is wrong but it seemed strange to me.

Oh wow you update fast!

@Dark_Stalker
I’m not exactly sure what you mean :confused: The comma is there because of the dialogue tag (referencing Leon). Do you mean that it should be clearer that MC is speaking next?

@Guhik
Fixed, thank you! :grin: Stupid typos that happen to be real words…

@fox_vixen
Thanks! :joy:

The comma at the end just looked weird to me. It seemed to me that he had finished his sentence.

I think there is enough context to clearly tell the MC is talking though.

@Dark_Stalker
Oh, okay. Thank you!

Okay, this thing has potential, did spot a tiny pronoun error though:
"“Can’t, Miss Adtaz? Mr. Rodgers will complete the simulation as planned, with you as her (should be his) partner.”

@idonotlikeusernames
Thank you! Fixed for next update :blush:

So may I make a suggestion for the remaining roommate Sera? She’s a nymph and therefore very loyal to dragonkin and I imagine she doesn’t have much experience with any other species. Could this make her very shy or distant from the other roommates?

“Yakov,” says the fair haired guy who walks in behind her. The wraith. You recognize him from the simulation;

I got that even though I had Astrid as my partner during the simulation so you might want to adjust the code.

@Guhik
Thanks, fixed!

Oh I never meant to call her naive, if anything I expect her to be highly intelligent and neutral, but she isn’t used to talking to other species as if she’s not sure how to rather than she doesn’t want to, making her a little shy to talk to anyone but dragonkin or other nymphs to avoid embarrassment but someone approaches her she won’t be rude and will communicate

@Nathan_Faxon
Sorry for the misunderstanding! In that case, you’ve pretty much got it spot on!
She’s unused to interacting with people outside of the other nymphs, and does have a harder time expressing her emotions than most of the other characters, which makes her appear distant. This is in large part due to how nymphs are ‘trained’ once they’re selected. :blush:

I see an opportunity for a side story here. If we choose to befriend her (or romance, take your pick.) it can be quite educational for her and teaches her how the social world acts and the MC learns how strict a nymphs’ duties are. I can see the other suitemates finding her strange or a bit creepy the way she doesn’t express emotions but there’s more to her than they think.

@Nathan_Faxon

Subplot involving Seraphina and the nymphs? Totally going to happen.

Both MC and Sera will learn a lot from each other if they have any type of relationship. Sera when MC meets her is very emotionally repressed and goal oriented; certain MCs could definitely teach her a lot. On the other hand, she’s probably the best person for any MC to go to for advice or skills advice (fighting, magic, etc.)

She will have ulterior motives behind pursuing a relationship with MC though.

Certain suitemates won’t warm to her immediately (think any of the ones who can cause an argument in less than a minute of knowing each other).

Okay, you’re totally trying to get me to spoil the whole plot :yum:

Astrid. Astrid totally won’t warm up to Sera, it’s too obvious :wink: And my apologies, I seem to be very good at reading a character and what their role is in a story just by their background and personality :joy:

I can see this becoming a similar scenario to Morrigan/Warden from DAO. Sera will have her own goals for befriending the MC though I’m not too sure if it’s for good or ill since she seems heavily neutral but from past experiences from games you should never trust a dragon, and she’ll end up caring for them or loving them which was definitely not something they thought would happen, but in the end they must accomplish their motives and at least give our MC a warning or a chance to escape.

It seems Sera is already my favourite and she hasn’t even made an appearance yet :smile:

@Nathan_Faxon
Way to completely guess like 25% of the plot. :joy: Personality wise, Sera would totally try and reject any real relationship with MC, beyond what she needs to do to further her goals. Caring about MC? Definitely not something she has planned

And yes, you completely read my mind for many of your observations. :wink:

Hopefully she won’t disappoint :grin:

I’m a bit confused, why does saying “If you could just point me in the right direction, that would be fine.” increases your relationship with 2 people while “Thank you.” decreases it?

It “point me in direction…” sounds more like “I want to get rid of you ASAP so just stop bothering me and tell me where to do” while Thank you is the polite option, so it would be the one that increases relationship points.

I mean, I’m always trying to get EVERYONE to hate me in CoG games so this bugs me because I have to say thank you, which is a nice reply but it decreases relationship points so I’ll take it. I’m just really confused by this atm.

EDIT: Gah! Start of chapter 2 you have no choice but to get relationship points with Astrid. That’s slightly annoying. Plus both replies at the start of chapter 2 (if you aren’t friends with Astrid the soon to be corpse) have the exact same stat losses and exact same outcomes. Seems kinda pointless.

Oh I’m looking forward to her l trust me!

I can imagine her finding the idea of a relationship with the MC or anyone a distraction or a waste of her time, but overtime she can’t control her feelings for the MC and it infuriates her, trying fruitlessly to avoid them and deny their feelings so the relationship will require patience and willpower.

what would be awesome is that she hasn’t the slightest clue what a relationship is, so holding hands and kissing baffles her :joy: Also another comical moment would be the MC explains that she/he’s been flirting with her, she’s never heard this word before and it sounds annoying and asks them to stop :joy:

@Blazerules
Cyrus is the easy one to explain: he’s hostile to MC on sight. He doesn’t want to waste time taking MC to their dorm.
*MC wasting his time → relationship -
*MC not wasting his time → relationship +

Cressida is a bit more complicated to explain, but basically, MC accepting her help is what she expects and lowers her opinion of MC. MC refusing her help is less expected and heightens her opinion of MC.
*MC being predictable → relationship -
*MC not being predictable → relationship +

Hope that helps!
(On the Astrid relationship boosts, edited slightly for next update :joy:)

Would that make Astrid:
Taking charge = relationship -
Letting her run the show = relationship +

Sera:
Open minded and intelligent = relationship +
Ignorant or fearful/hateful towards dragons = relationship -