Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

No…no…no… , the Gorgon’s intended target was me apparently … and if Astrid was not walking home alone after her party and met me, i would had been killed by the Gorgon :wink:

Hence, it was destined that i was save by a Demon :smile:

You’re not wrong.

Cuz there’d be nobody to worry over :smirk:

1 Like

She is putting you in more danger with the whole kidnapping thing and skirting you away to a world of magic thing. Didn’t even get a waver…

What was the school’s life insurance policy again?

After the Gorgon incident, I’m not sure anywhere would be safe.

And, arguably, “skirting you away to a world of magic” would’ve already happened the moment the MC met the Gorgon.

“Get wounded and we fail you.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well … i would take some inspiration quotes from the movie Inception

Astrid : " Come with me MC… I’m asking you to take a leap of faith…, yes. Come with me, so we can be together again. I’ve come for you, to remind you of something. Something you once knew, that this world is not real. We belong to be together and be some where else…"

MC : " Yes… this is not my life at all , I don’t want to be filled with regrets … waiting to grow old and die alone. You are someone from my half-remembered dream, Astrid… I will choose the Leap of faith… Lead me away Astrid …"

Astrid : " Thanks for trusting me…I’m free from the guilt of leaving you alone now . We are going home to our real world together… "

:sunny:

Don’t you think the Matrix would’ve worked better? Or some “discover your heritage” movie.

Psh, Gorgon? It was obviously large mutated snake.

1 Like

Naturally. What else could it have possibly been.

1 Like

While dismissing the Gorgon and returning to normal life may work(high res MCs cheer here), I should add that denying the existence of magic doesn’t make it any safer.

I do love Matrix and no doubt it was a fantasy/Sci-fi master piece as well… but i feel Inception had more depth in terms of how a human mind work and it had more poetic quotes…

I was initially meant to explain how my Main character had been convinced by Astrid into abandoning his normal life and embrace the new life of super natural adventures… the idea was that my main character decided to forgo the tasteless life of waiting to grow old before dying alone, hence it was with the belief that he must take a leap of faith into the unknown with Astrid …

The main theme for Inception was “To take a Leap of Faith” into whatever a person want to do… which i found can be quite inspiring …

Saito: Don’t you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone!

I imagine Astrid will be given me the same comment when she try to convince me into following her to the super natural world :wink:

Hence in this case, my main character will definitely take a leap of faith by following Astrid, instead of waiting to grow old in a boring life before dying alone , filled with regret :wink:

I think this would be the least of your concerns when the assassins come back for you!

2 Likes

Ahhhhh… then i take another quote :wink:

Astrid : You’re waiting for a train by following me. A train that’ll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can’t know for sure. Yet it doesn’t matter. Now, tell me why?

Me : Because you’ll be together!

Meanings : I understand storm is coming… a storm that is so fierce that i hope i can survive, but i can’t know for sure. Yet it doesn’t matter… Because Astrid will be together with me to face it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why is he dying alone assuming he’s lived a full life?

I think we’d draw way less attention to ourselves and we had the protection of our hunter parents possiby, so pros and cons.

1 Like

…you really think that a regular teenager/young adult should be able to beat a giant lion with wings and a scorpion tail using nothing but fists? Even though they’re new to this world and probably have no clue what is going on?

I agree with your point, but that specific part just seems way too unrealistic.

7 Likes

Though I’d point out that:

1. a MC with only one parent (thus non-hunter) would be thoroughly screwed in that set-up
  2. given the fact that they were nowhere to be found the first time, and that their work involve being away most of the time, I really wouldn’t trust their protection to be efficient. At least in that new world the MC is almost always with several superpowered teens 24/24.

Hmmm… i would assume if my Main Character is thinking too much about “safety first”, and well… always staying out of harm’s way as instructed by the parents with the excuse of " I must hide myself away from troubles" … eventually , it may ultimately set up a passive mind set for myself where i think the safest place for me is to build an impenetrable fortress around myself …

My main character had already witness super natural beings and if he even reject the kind gesture of Astrid, it can only means that my main character will eventually develop a self-center suspicious personality , where he will always be mistrust of others … an idea is like a seed of virus , when it was plant first-hand into our mind, it will slowly grow , eventually consume and define our personality… so when my character first met Astrid, if my first idea was that she is dangerous and i must stay away from all potential harm, this idea will be the seed plant within my subconscious and will eventually grow into a big tree where my character will always stay away from others, with the knowledge of the existence of super natural beings… In the end, my main character will build an impenetrable fortress for himself to live in for the remainder of his existence, alone …

On the other hand, tempted away by Astrid will plant a seed of "open minded impulsive " personality for my main character where he is more willing to accept things or people that he is unfamiliar with … More ever , assuming that the parents always tried to keep my main character safe, it is not everyday my main character had a chance to meet a Demon-Girl who loves him…so in the end , it was a choice, of course my main character only had split-seconds to decide which type of seed he wanted to plant… In the end, i chose the Leap of Faith with Astrid :wink:

… Your character is easily influenced isn’t he? Or overthinks everything.

1 Like

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

In my case, I might also have to work on the shabby things as well.

hahaha… yeah my main character has the trait of Impulsive and Idealistic mind :smile:

Fighting could be stronger in the second semester maybe, there is an armed combat course.
Without weapons I don’t think fighting would be strong, there’s no way you can beat a hydra or something with punches. With guns or swords that you can enhance with magic it could be quite powerful though.

1 Like

I take that as a challenge. Magic kung-fu for the win!