Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Can Yakov train u in n e thing?

I thought that Celestial magic could not be used?

1 Like

You say we’ll be given the opportunity all I’m getting is I can help you train with the simulator is that what you mean.

@daydreamsincolor

about the Angels/Demons introduction in a potential sequel, i am curious whether you will just apply the general term of “Angel” and “Demon” ? Or are you going to introduce the specific type of Angels/Demons based of the Lore from Dungeons and Dragons?

Well…i am a Dungeons and Dragons fan, and i know that they have a special manual/lore about the outer plane beings which include the society/rank system of Angels/Demons… and i actually learn about Cambion from that lore…Lol

The Demons Factions from Dungeons and Dragons are much more colourful/complicated as compare to Angels’ because the Demons factions there are divided into Nine-Hells and Abyss … where both have a strict Ranking system…the best part is , they are fighting with each other …a reason scholars(of D&D world) believe why the Heaven faction manage to survive , since a combine force of the Demons will easily crush the Heaven faction based on sheer numbers…Lol

Anyway, wish you the best in your works and the completion of your novel(s) :smile:

I think darkness manipulation and celestial magic are different

1 Like

As far as I recall Light/Darkness manipulation are counted as unique elements under elemental manipulation for Nephilim and Cambion respectively. Remember the first law of magic however. :wink:
Just as Illusion is nominally not control magic light or darkness manipulation probably uses the same rationale to claim they’re not part of celestial magic.

3 Likes

According to the in game lore, but according to game mechanics darkness and light are celestial magic.

Which means the game contradicts itself, which means that yes, it doesn’t make sense., and will continue to not make sense until that’s fixed.

Dark and light magic signify the emotions you use to channel your magic, including celestial magic. Negative emotions are used for dark magic, positive emotions are used for light magic.

Darkness and light manipulation are types of elemental manipulation and depend upon the elemental manipulation stat, not the celestial magic stat.

@Misa101
You can only help them, not join.

3 Likes

Apparently the game has both light/darkness manipulation and celestial magic.
You can use light/darkness manipulation in the elemental manipulation exam (against Leon) even if you didn’t learn celestial magic before and it will still work if you have enough points in the elemental manipulation stat, the attack will just fire a regular blast of light/darkness, not something powerful. It also raises the magicuse stat by +1 like regular fire/ice/lightning attacks (probably if you get too much of it you’ll suffer from MOS later)
Celestial magic on the other hand makes you scream and fill the whole place with light/shadows, it is also a lot more powerful and can kill the drake in chapter 8 in 1 hit. It taises magicuse by +3 as well instead of +1.

8 Likes

Ok, guys how can you check the code on android device?

Here you go:

https://dashingdon.com/play/daydreamsincolor/keeper-of-the-sun-and-moon/mygame/scenes/

1 Like

@lokidemon007
Minor spoilers(?) for Yakov powers: intangibility and life force manipulation

@Misa101
Sorry, MC can’t become a nymph (for super important plot reasons which will eventually be revealed!)

I have to finish this game before working on any potential sequels, so I haven’t really ironed out many details :sweat_smile: Thanks for your thoughts though!

Thank you!! :blush:

@stsword
It’s meant to be that darkness/light manipulation are separate from celestial magic.
Where do the mechanics not make sense?

2 Likes

@daydreamsincolor

Wow! Those are some interesting powers for Yakov! That explains why we can’t ever hit him in the Combat final!

2 Likes

As long as we get to delve into (some of) Alty’s huge secrets I’m happy. :grin:

A strong and near-invincible stoic man! swoons
Yakov is such an underrated RO.

1 Like

Yakov is actually my favorite male RO!

2 Likes

I am really enjoying this game so far. However, I do wish that the romances were a little more in depth with some build up instead of just “she kisses you then” and that’s all. No real build up or follow up with it. Also, when you play as a dragonborn and you meet up with Celosia but when you speak to Seraphina at the cemetery it says that you’ve never met Celosia before. Unless I lost my mind for a moment and didn’t have a meeting with her and it was actually someone else lol.

3 Likes

Well, seraphia RO is pretty good, Thalia is accurate to her character, astrid/ceresia are fine, I dont like katia tho. Remember - we still have 3 chapters :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, it’s even possible to romance davina? Technically we alredy have “romancedavina” stat, right?

How do you start romancing Yakov? He’s the only RO I have trouble with, besides Cressida.

Your relationship also needs to be at 60 or higher.

2 Likes