Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

I chose to be a scholar. Gotta have all them intelligence points.

1 Like

If our specie is kitsune can we have cute fox ears?

5 Likes

And a fluffy fox tail to boot.

5 Likes

That would be the cutest thing ever

3 Likes

Why stop at one. Imma have nine

3 Likes

@CodyStrife
This has been mentioned before, you can’t have nine tails due to timeline reasons. We’re like 18-20 years old in the game, if we’re a kitsune then we’re only going to have one tail.

3 Likes

You have officially rained on my parade :frowning:
Are we going by the one tail every thousand years lore?

You mean a tail every 100 years. :stuck_out_tongue:
A thousand year old kitsune is at the limit of their age, with 9 magnificent tails, ready to ascend to the heavens.

1 Like

im gonna be one that starts with negative 5 tails.

Whenever our MC is a kitsune, I think of Ahri (LoL).

How does that even happen?! :fearful:

Does willpower help with illusion manipulation

No. (+20 characters)

I found a bug

1 Like

I- Those are willpower stats?

Just for the first few chapters.

@daydreamsincolor

A few more suggestions, if I might:

1. Looking at all the threats Monroe gives the MC if they’re dating Cressida/Cyrus, the human and magician threat seems oddly more tame than the rest. I’d say change it to a threat about using the MC’s skin for a book cover. Much more threatening than simply running them out of town.

2. If you go to Astrid and Leon’s group at the party and the MC knows about the political situation from the fliers at the library, can they say it themselves? Like, rather than have Astrid tell them that they’re running for mayor and the MC saying that they know, have the MC say “Wait, those are the people running for mayor, right?”. It’ll take the group by surprise much more than if the MC simply stated that he read about them, thus making their newfound respect for them well earned.

3. Maybe decrease the requirement to fool Yakov at the secret revealing scene to 20? I don’t know, 25 seems a bit too much. Besides, 20 Cunning can still be a challenge to get, depending on your choices.

4. At the M&R final, shouldn’t there be a shifting check in order to be even able to use the claws in the first place? I imagine this might not be the case for kitsunes, who have claw retraction, meaning that their claws are always with them. But for dragonborns, who have claw manifestation, then they’d have to rely on the shifting ability in order to even get their claws out, let alone use them as weapons.

7 Likes

I disagree. The other three main skills (intelligence, willpower and fighting) all have thresholds of 30 to get the best possible result in the exams in chapter 8, whereas this is the highest requirement for cunning in the entire game. What’s more, cunning is useless in the rest of the chapter, unless your intelligence is less than 15.
Looking at it from an in-game perspective, Yakov seems like he’d be hard to fool, so it makes sense that only a character with high cunning would get away with lying to him.

3 Likes

Off of the top of my head, I don’t think MC will ever have an illusion cast on them.

@Le_Uyen
Thanks, bug was caused by only having two characters in MC’s name. Fixed for next update.

@AAO
Human/magician threat changed for next update. MC saying they know about the mayoral candidates added. Shifting check added.

I’ve decided to keep the cunning check as is, since the penalty for failing the check is relatively minor (10% relationship loss); MC still learns the secret in that scene if they fail the check; and there will be at least one other chance to learn about the secret in the future that will involve a different check.

Thanks for all of the suggestions! :grin:

3 Likes

illusions, illusions, illusions are…FOR COWARDS.