Cunning: 32
Fighting: 13
Elemental Manipulation: 16
Illusion Manipulation: 5
Intelligence: 10
Ritual Magic and Potions: 1
Telekinesis: 6
Willpower: 6
It seems my willpower is higher than most, yet the game still treats me as weak willed.:laughing:

3 Likes

I think anything below 10 is “weak-willed”, sorry. Like your sky high cunning score there, that character is one smooth criminal. Though the average intelligence may be a drawback there.

Frankly I’m hoping we can just take a class later on to raise willpower a bit.

1 Like

Thanks, I think the maximum is 34. I am planning to invest some points in intelligence, since 10 is boderline dumb. :grin:
Possibly that lecture on mind control in Monsters and Rouges we were promised?

2 Likes

What about if you use your willpower to strengthen your magic? Does that stat even matter code wise when it comes to strengthening your magic? If they don’t actually do anything, I am probably going to take that 10 out of will and put it in fighting so my character has 20+ in three stats.

1 Like

The game is far from finished, so Willpower might get a boost or something.

But, so far, the only uses I’ve seen for them are either resisting control magic or casting control magic.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to boost neutral magic, but it hasn’t been used in that capacity yet.

1 Like

Hmm so it sounds like it is a good idea to have something in it, just for that eventuality when willpower is actually useful to have.

If that is the case then using your will has the potential of being the strongest out of all of them. Being the only power that is not a part of your alignment means you could train it up.Although right now it seems that the highest you can get it to is around 16 unless you get willpower for taking that one class that only a human can take.

1 Like

On the downside, neutral magic users might need to sacrifice points in some of the other skills to build up their willpower, whilst light and dark magic users would only need to keep their emotional stat high.

1 Like

Random question, but has Kol done anything combat wise in the game yet?

He hasn’t used his powers in combat so far, but he does physically fight of some gnomes in chapter 5 if you take a long time finishing them off. Now that you mention it, not using his powers in the hellhound and Monsters and Rouges exam fights is rather odd. :thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe Kol is just so skilled that shapeshifting is only needed as a last resort.

2 Likes

Exactly, add that to the fact that for some reason the magi mc is sent to that weird horror flick like scenario where everyone does nothing and just stares forward during Kol’s dream. Almost like Kol has a fail safe or something to keep people out of his mind when he is sleeping and at his most vulnerable. There are other things like his RO fortune telling that peaks my interest because it kinda match with another fortune as well.

Wouldn’t a Hydra/Manticore be enough of a threat to warrant a shape shift? What if the MC faints during the fight wouldn’t that give Kol even more reason to fight?Also why would he use that as a last resort when his friend’s lives are on the line?

2 Likes

Thalia and Yakov are there. There is no need to fear.

2 Likes

Would someone be thinking that at the time?Considering a massive beast popped out of no where and started attacking people. Also wouldn’t that be against his kind and caring nature? To just sit back and observe the fight? Also how is being too skilled a valid reason for not helping out? If it is a overkill thing I am pretty sure he can just partial shift and do some sort of claw manifestation or something. Wait the more that I think about this the more I wonder if he has even shape shifted in the game…I think he manifested his claws in one of the training scenes just to give the mc a look at them but I think that was it.

He is too kind to not help. Which is why he helped, just not with shapeshifting. There is more to Kol than him shapeshifting.

1 Like

He does give the mc a potion afterwards but that doesn’t excuse him not helping at all during the whole fiasco, he could have at least dragged the mc away if they got knocked out. But of course that would risk him getting caught in the fight.

Am i not remembering something that said he didnt help?

1 Like

You are right it didn’t say he didn’t help but during combat it specifically mentioned who did, and if he did something when the mc was taking a dirt nap I feel like it would have been mentioned.But it wasn’t at all which is odd.

id say if someone else helped a knocked down Mc then kol wouldnt need to do anything. As to why he wasnt that person, might have not been close or not fast enough to help him.

1 Like

I think my stats were pretty similar, except I had just enough willpower for dragondom :dragon_face: …oh, and I focused on ritual magic, and not so much elemental manipulation or telekinesis.

Similar intelligence, though.

And, hmm, is willpower possibly slightly imbalanced if few people have been getting many points in it? :worried:

Wait, didn’t Kol shift into some flying creature? Or was that a different fight? :confused: I thought I remembered him shifting into something flying.

5 Likes