Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Human/magician parent scenes aren’t in the game yet.

Yes I know they aren’t, that was obvious from my first post. But they are coded, that is why I posted.

I thought you thought it was a glitch. Sorry! :sweat_smile:

@Urban
Just to clarify: I’ve written the human/magician family scene, it’s just not implemented in the game yet. There are a few other edits I need to make and new scenes to add before updating the game files.

@ParrotWatcher
That’s a possibility, although it is rather similar to another special background I have planned :thinking:

5 Likes

Great game! Can’t wait for the next update!

I do have a couple questions though, I noticed that a lot of people put very little into willpower, if anything at all. Why is that? Also are these stats good for a Elemental that uses lightning?
SKILLS
Cunning: 10
Fighting: 11
Elemental Manipulation: 25
Intelligence: 20
Ritual Magic and Potions: 2
Telekinesis: 11
Willpower: 11

1 Like

The choices that raise willpower usually simply aren’t as appealing to me as almost all of the others.

Here’s my skills at the end of my most recent run:
SKILLS
Angelic Magic: 0
Cunning: 22
Fighting: 2
Elemental Manipulation: 15
Intelligence: 22
Ritual Magic and Potions: 14
Telekinesis: 9
Willpower: 2

2 Likes

The only use I see for them so far is control magic, which I really don’t need, considering I can just use my telekinesis/elemental manipulation/fighting skill to take them down (I guess Cunning and Intelligence might be able to come to play in a fight as well).

I’d say they’re pretty good. You’ve got Elemental Manipulation in the bag and Intelligence is pretty neat as well. You’ve also got Fighting and Telekinesis above 10, so at the very least you know something in them.

2 Likes

Also another bug here:

“Make her care for you. But care not to grow attached yourself.”
*page_break
*if lawful >= 70
*set nephilimapproval +5
“Yes, Secretary Fallon.”
Should be Monroe, cause it’s Cy’s dad.

2 Likes

It’s less useful than intelligence, cunning and fighting, and you can’t get it as high as the other stats in the first place.
Since an elemental’s main power is, well, elemental manipulation, and yours is quite high, they’re pretty good. :slightly_smiling_face:

So do people generally plan out what stats they want to aim for, and make deliberate choices to hone those? :thinking: For myself, I don’t really think about the statistics much at all when making choices… so I’m curious what approaches other people use.

2 Likes

Absolutely.

What can I say, the blood of a mini maxer runs in my veins. I literally retconned Tristan and made an entire new version of him just so he could have better stats.

My roleplaying side tends to work with my mini maxing side, though. Only time they’ve clashed is in Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, but over here they’re happy working together.

1 Like

I never look at stats on my first playthrough, but after reading the code I do make minor alterations to pass certain skill checks.

2 Likes

Well, I generally go for the more intelligent choices, but because that’s what my MC would do, not because I’m trying to minmax it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@AAO and @justme Okay, that’s really interesting to hear about :slight_smile: thanks.

Same with me, really… I mean, I do have an idea of what my MC would be good at, which influences my choices, but I generally think more in terms of “interested in school stuff” rather than in terms of the statistics themselves :thinking:

I am, nonetheless, pretty compulsive about looking at the stats screen :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

On my first playthrough I tend to do the same as you and tend to go with what my mc would do, which is why I was surprised at getting Nephilim, remember? I’ll admit I’ve since fine-tuned it a bit to end up with slightly higher intelligence and ritual/potions skill (at the expense of being a wimp).

Also did my first Human/Magi playthrough today and I’ve got to say I love Cy’s date events almost as much as Alty’s, though I hope the friendship paths for both will be worthwhile as well.
To that end I wonder if my main Nephilim mc can just go and watch one of the matches (perhaps even that winter tournament) in which Cy himself is competing (with or without Alty) sometime?
Gameplay wise I also wonder how many characters we’ll have time to truly get to know on any one playthrough, obviously I want to go for Alty as my RO and hopefully Cyrus as my mc’s best friend on my canon playthrough and vice-versa for my witch-boy magi or eventual secret background character(s).
Also since human/magi mc obviously has more spare time then the others I was wondering if they could investigate one more subplot/get to really know one more of the NPC’s without it affecting anything? :thinking:

SKILLS
Cunning: 11
Fighting: 13
Intelligence: 26
Ritual Magic and Potions: 23
Willpower: 6

I agree with this too.

4 Likes

Actually, looking at my stats, Intelligence is insanely high:

Cunning: 2
Fighting: 4
Elemental Manipulation: 15
Illusion Manipulation: 0
Intelligence: 35
Ritual Magic and Potions: 0
Telekinesis: 13
Willpower: 0

(And no willpower at all… :disappointed_relieved:)

3 Likes

Which species did you play as there?

Yeah, you really focused on intelligence there, with my main mc it is balanced out by also focusing on cunning, because I also see him as charming witty and (over)confident.

2 Likes

A super-cute, foxy kitsune… :fox_face:

I didn’t mean to… :sweat_smile: I just picked the options that made the most sense for the character…

2 Likes

The only time I cared about the stats for this game is when I did a run to see how low of a certain stat I can get (which I kinda failed at). Min-maxing is not usually a thing I care about unless it’s the front-and-centre of a game (like say, Lost Heir trilogy).

1 Like

Wait, are we sharing stats now or something?

If that is the case, then let me show you what hours of scrolling through the code has made:

STATS
Name: Tristan Hale
Species: Dragonborn
Appearance: You have pale skin and blue eyes. Your hair is medium length and black. You have black wings.
Health: Some minor injuries
Money: $1445
Job: Intern for Nephilim Secretary

SKILLS
Cunning: 18
Fighting: 12
Elemental Manipulation: 16
Intelligence: 25
Ritual Magic and Potions: 3
Telekinesis: 11
Willpower: 1

PERSONALITY
Kind: 54% Cruel: 46%
Naive: 37% Cynical: 63%
Logical: 72% Emotional: 28%
Lawful: 73% Chaotic: 27%

And here are the relationships as well, cuz fuck it, why not?

RELATIONSHIPS
Astrid: 77%
Altair: 53%
Cressida: 69%
Cyrus: 51%
Jarrod: 50%
Kol: 65%
Thalia: 60%
Leon: 69%
Seraphina: 72%
Yakov: 61%
Nephilim Approval: 17%