Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Maybe make that possible sequel-bait instead, just like whatever Alty’s huge secret(s) may be?

3 Likes

Regarding backgrounds with more knowledge about the world/experience required: I agree that it would feel like a cop out to have made the MC unreliable for no good reason for the first 3 chapters, and I’ll be avoiding this for any of the backgrounds. None of the backgrounds will require retconning the MC’s character. Thank you to everyone who voiced their opinion on this!

To address concerns about Delacroix!MC, a Sera romance will not be possible. She would be informed shortly after MC is. I would intend for there to be plot differences as well as power and weakness differences, rather than it being only an upgrade.

A hybrid, providing it could be properly balanced within the confines of the existing world, is also still in the cards :grin:

@TSSL
Hm, a magic history class…Second semester sound good? :smile:

Cambion/nephilim children, while uncommon, aren’t unheard of. They typically are either full nephilim or cambions, and in rare cases are humans.

@Steelhawk
None taken :joy:

@idonotlikeusernames
HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE AFFAIR??? :joy:

11 Likes

So seraphina is not an RO anymore?

So either one strain/gene of “magic” is dominant or they’re both recessive, but they can’t both be flipped on? Interesting.
Then in the simplest terms my Nephilim mc got lucky on a 50/50 chance, assuming mom isn’t lying about having no powers herself of course? :thinking:
If true this makes him dislike his disappeared “dad” even more because if cambion/nephilim and other “hybrid” children aren’t unheard of then it stands to reason that he was very irresponsible with us since he’d have know there were decent odds that we in fact did have powers.
Or does it not work that way if one of the partners is a full human? Is the chance of any child a magi has with a full human having magical powers themselves in fact much smaller then 50%? :thinking:

It’s a gift I picked up during my years serving as a political aide of course. :wink:
But seriously, don’t even think about it, I like Cy too much to want to be his dad’s dirty little secret.

3 Likes

Basically for certain races, some ROs won’t be available. In this case, Delacroix MC won’t be able to romance Sera but every other race MC will.

1 Like

Delacroix MC? What’s that?

I have a feeling you are messing with me but basically it’s going to be a new race added in to the game, Delacroix Dragonborn which would make you related to Sera.

Oh ok. I’m not messing with you. I’ve just been busy lately and been gone for a while. I’m assuming the regular dragonborn MC can still romance sera right?

Also there’s a certain WIP (im looking at you @Sophia) that has had a lot of replies and reading them all is time consuming.

1 Like

Unless i didn’t read the comments properly (cause who couldn’t read through over 30 comments and remember them all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), yes the regular ones can still date her.

1 Like

More emotions more druggie magic addictions, more need for willpower. Though wouldn’t we need some dark light magic revision in that case? I vote that everyone can use everything and the starting choice gives a stat boost :blush:

What would be special about Delacroix?

And I still have little idea of what a wraith is…

Oh, whatever would work well for you to write :smile: I do love learning about the background of the world, though :man_student:

Interesting… makes sense…

I wonder, is it even fully a genetic thing? Just 'cause, y’know, magic… could be transmitted in some eerie mysterious supernatural way :hushed:
Or if it is genetic, it might be one of those fancy traits with lots and lots of genes influencing it, allowing there to be greater or lesser levels of influence, so if one side of the heritage has a substantially higher strength, that’d overpower the other one :thinking: and maybe if they’re closer, they’d, like, resist each other, thus resulting in human baby. (So I wonder, then, if two nonmagic humans who both have magic heritage have a baby, if there’s ever a chance that the genes might recombine in such a way that the magic resurfaces… skips a generation, y’know :stuck_out_tongue:)

4 Likes

Huh. I didn’t notice that before. I was mainly going by the fact that a nephilim/cambion hybrid felt far too normal (and the text in the original choice suggested such an MC was a freak of nature…) But, yeah, maybe a full hybrid would be too powerful.

So, a c/n child with the powers of both would be an unusual thing? :thinking:

@daydreamsincolor: What about @idonotlikeusernames’s suggestion about a lab-made MC?

3 Likes

The MC? Well, you wouldn’t be able to romance Sera, so there’s that. I’m guessing the public view of you would change drastically as well. I’m envisioning those murmurs and gasps when Kerr called out Sera’s name in class would probably be commonplace to you.

From what I understand, it’s a spooky scary ghost that can steal your lifeforce.

2 Likes

@daydreamsincolor it’s not possible to access the new human/magi parents scene. It so says it is being written.

It hasn’t been implemented yet.

Yes, it has already been implemented.
It is on the code.

The finished scene isn’t, just a placeholder.

It isn’t just a placeholder, there even a scene with Jarrod for Hunters.

Weren’t you asking about the parent scene?

Yes, right after the parent scene there is a scene with Jarrod.