Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Thanks for the insightful observation, Captain Obvious.

Jokes aside, I think it’s most likely going to go justme’s route for the the Seraphina romance. But, in terms of that, how exactly would one not be able to romance her? Would she simply flat out not be an option? I think that’d be a bit weird, just having all of her options ripped out like that. I guess you could make it so that Seraphina knows that you’re her only relative alive. I don’t know how she’d know, but I guess it could make sense? I don’t know.

4 Likes

She’d likely be told right after the MC, before a chance to romance her came up. All conversations with her after the reveal would probably be different anyway. :smile:

1 Like

Well… that depends. First cousins? Kissing cousins? Second cousins?

2 Likes

…All of those sound awkward. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I fail to see the problem…

5 Likes

Ickiness and publishing platform restrictions?

Oh we already had incest with Arthur, a half sibling no less…

Anyway why do people want to be related to Sera?

1 Like

I don’t know about all of you, but I’d like to talk about something not relating to incest.

Because you would be related to a nymph? Delacroix makes you sound like a millionaire? Some people like Sera?

Several reasons I guess, though I hope @daydreamsincolor can sort out the elephant in the room soon enough and cease the constant barrage of incest comments. That’s messed up.

1 Like

I don’t! She’s awesome and I want to romance her off her feet!!

1 Like

That’s between NPCs (and due to magic). Making it a conscious decision on the MCs part seems very different.
Loads of different content.

Because it’ll make the romance even better.

Like Ylva said; gotta keep that lineage pure, amirite?

3 Likes

???

In the Pendragon game, you the mc, can romance your half sibling, you don’t know until after a pregnancy but still.

Magic?

So no super genes?

Sorry, thought you were talking about the wip Guenevere . :sweat_smile: I haven’t played Pendragon yet. Guess it’s just ickiness then.

Hmm, I don’t know, could a cambion-nephillim hybrid end up with roughly the same power level as both parent species… maybe a weaker version of what both have, or both their strengths and weaknesses… basically, an averaged hybrid, rather than an additive hybrid? I’m just not seeing why it’d be inherently OP. Would have the advantage of being unusual and surprising, sure :thinking:

Yeah, really, it’s a biiiiiiig family, isn’t it? You wouldn’t have to be closely related to her at all, would you? Could readily be distant enough that genetically speaking there’s no significant closeness at all, if we’re worried.

1 Like

Well @ParrotWatcher was arguing for a full demon/angel hybrid, which according to the game would break the game balance pretty severely, because: As stated in the game itself: " #“Wait, you’re a demon?”
_ *set astridrelationship %+4_
_ “Sort of. Altair and I both have demon ancestry, so technically we’re cambions. Pureblood demons are really powerful, as in destroying worlds powerful.” "_ So given what’s in the game even a hybrid, instead of additive full angel/demon hybrid would be expected to be earth-shattering powerful indeed. Of course you can gimp it like @ParrotWatcher suggested, likely by saying it is going to take millennia for that mc to come into their full powers, but that’s what I mean by feeling artificially gimped like in “Children of the Gods”. But yeah, Cambion/Nephilim hybrid, even an additive one should be doable, since the mc is still young and inexperienced. An additive one would be like “easy mode” in terms of skills and powers though, but at least it wouldn’t mess up the game’s careful balance too severely.

On the other hand if the possible Delacroix mc stands to gain absolutely nothing from it but some Harry Potter-esque “fame” just for being born/surviving, what would be the point? It would then feel to me like a malus, instead of a bonus compared to playing an ordinary dragonborn. I also agree with our watcher of colourful birds that the secret backgrounds should be more than just minor upgrades to existing species. Otherwise what’s next? The Nephilim mc being the secret product of an affair of Cy and Cressy’s dad?

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman” Indeed! "Then what am I “father”? “The product of immaculate conception who happens to share half your DNA?”" So let’s not go down that road shall we, eh? :sweat: Cause it would also seriously mess up my mc’s relationship with Cy, whether romance or friendship and I wouldn’t want that.

6 Likes

Oh… huh, I missed that somehow :sweat_smile:

Actually, question, if a cambion and nephilim have a child in the normal course of things, will the baby usually just take after one or the other, or be a hybrid, or even have them cancel each other out and therefore not be magic at all? Or do cambions and nephilim just plain not have children in the normal course of things anyway? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hmm, in this case, maybe minor upgrades to existing species could be treated as minor upgrades to existing species? :thinking: Like, rather than deciding specially during species selection, could be something to discover when pursuing the Delacroix storyline? :thinking:

(Where it comes to the nymph thing, I do like the idea of an MC being able to achieve nymphdom, though :smile:)

2 Likes

Well if this were a tabletop game and I was behind the big screen and such a baby did come up, I’d roll for a 1/3 rd chance of them getting full cambion powers, 1/3 rd full nephilim and 1/3rd normal human without magic. Presumably the possibility of that last 1/3rd would be why in cambion/nephilim pairings would be unusual. Depending on how much pressure there is for magical parents to have magical children they might just even drop their unlucky normal children in the normal world’s orphanage system.
Then again I’m not the author and it may all be a lot more cultural or a lot more complicated or both here.

Nope it’s right here:

2 Likes

Hmm :thinking: well, if we have genes represented as h=human, d=demonic, a=angellic, we could have dh=cambion, ah=nephilim, so if dh&ah have babies, that’d be 25% human, 25% cambion, 25% nephilim, and 25% weird hybrid :astonished:
Though I’d expect it’s not based on a single gene :stuck_out_tongue: if it’s even genetic at all :thinking:

This would also raise the question of just how large a proportion of demonic/angelic ancestry a regular cambion/nephilim has…

…Wait. I liked that post. But I have no recollection of it. What is happening to me?? :scream:

2 Likes

You’re getting old, join the club buddy! :older_man:

2 Likes

Nooooooooo! :boy:t2: :scream:

2 Likes