Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

I think of D&D as well!

tumblr_o58g0cFr9O1stdyrqo1_500

5 Likes

Accidentally? Umm…yea I’ll go with that.

6 Likes

“I used to be an adventurer like you…” :musical_score:

I was replaying the game this morning and it occurred to me that, late into the demo, the scenes at the festival feel different from the rest of the story so far. It’s due to how you act and talk to the other characters in this part that seems a bit under developed from the rest of the demo.

I’m just wondering if you have further plans to develop for those scenes? Maybe develop the relationships you can have with the npcs.

Sorry for asking, I’m just a bit curious :smiley:

2 Likes

@Greyscales
Nope, Yakov can’t use illusion manipulation. It’s a rare ability in wraiths.

@idonotlikeusernames
All seven current nymphs are female.

Potential nymph electees are determined through magic-y process (allegedly), and the existing nymphs decide which join. The selection process is largely dependent on who’s in charge of the nymphs at the time. Whether the leader is more modern or traditional tends to influence who is eligible.

@LightningGarfunkel
I definitely agree that there was a downgrade in quality during some of the Halloween scenes, and adding onto those scenes is definitely on my list of edits. Thanks for asking!

In case anyone wants to know which other edits will be included in the next update, as well as new Chapter 8 content:

• A revamped resistance stat
  • Mandatory job scene (Chapter 6)
  • MC evil morally dubious path
  • Dragon Massacre and Town Hall/Theft Investigation subplot scenes (Chapter 7)

I’m considering allowing MC to do both the Dragon Massacre and investigate subplots, likely at the expense of species scenes. Thoughts?

24 Likes

What do you mean by species scenes?

Well flying seems useful, but my mc might be willing to skip on magic addiction “angelic” magic if it allows him to do more interesting stuff.
The main drawback would be getting to spend less time with Cy, unless the mc can convince him or Alty, or both to aid in their investigations of course.

…scenes relating to the different species?

1 Like

Will humans MC have their parents reunion?

3 Likes

So, here’s a question for all you lovelies:

Who is your least favourite character in the game?

For me, it’s Cyrus and Altair. The reasons for this are quite simple; Cyrus is an asshole and Altair is boring.

2 Likes

Cressida, she’s a bitch, and antagonizes Astrid every chance she gets.
Cyrus, he’s a dick.
Altair, he makes me want to blow my brains out with a shotgun every time he shows up.

2 Likes

That’s a hard one !!
But first name that comes to mind is Gisela coz not much is known about her and she’s pretty quiet most of the time :confused:

1 Like

Are we talking just roommates or anyone in general? Because I don’t have any good feelings about that girl who talks to you after the Hellhound attack

3 Likes

Would choosing both subplots mean you skip the entire species subplot, or just that scene? If it’s the former, add a warning about only being able to do two subplots at a time.
And yay for the morally dubious path! :smiling_imp:

@AAO
I’ll just say I shed no tears when Jarrod and Gisela’s romances were cut and leave it at that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Anyone but Astrid? It’s me and her against the world! :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll be perfectly okay with this. Thanks for the answers regarding Yakov too.

If we’re limited to the characters that were part of the ensemble, I honestly have to say that it’s Cressida right now simply because her brother’s more interesting.

Otherwise, I’m gonna say it’s Ebner.

1 Like

I’d say Mc’s Mom and dad

Any chance of it being a choice whom the MC borrows from? :thinking:

:penguin:: :cry:

Whoa, I did not realize there were so few :open_mouth:

So is the nymph leader selected by the nymphs, or does the leader appoint her successor, or how does that work?

(When it comes to the gender issue, does the magic world have much of a tradition of gender roles, or is that more of a nymph thing? :confused: It does seem more egalitarian now from what we’ve seen :thinking:)

Ohh, good question. Assuming you mean disliking the character, rather than how the character is written… well, Jarrod, really. I never liked his attitude, and his secret endears him even less to me.

Surprised to see all this Altair hate, though :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m guessing the current one is as “traditional” as can be then. Maybe even a bit of a misandrist. As Sera basically laughed in any male mc’s face when they even inquire about the mere possibility.
Of course that means I’m assuming that in the “traditions” of the order male Nymphs were rare to begin with.

Toss-up between Jarrod and Cressy for me at the moment. Then again I really didn’t like Astrid in the beginning either, but I (and my mc in-game) did slowly warm up to her. Who knows maybe something like that can yet happen with Cressy as well. Though at the moment my mc merely tolerates her because her cute bro is his senpai.

On Jarrod I agree with @TSSL, hard to see anything happening that would make me or my mc like him at this point.
Hmm…Cy and Cressy’s dad may also be someone both I and my mc will never like, in all likelihood.

If he’s as much of an overbearing bully at home as he is at work then I understand Cy a lot better now, poor poor Cy (and his sister too of course).

If politics are eventually to be the path of this mc of mine, then resistance to what Cy and Cressy’s dad feels Nephilim should be like and his politics aimed at furthering that vision would definitely be one of the reasons why my mc is willing to take the plunge into American Magi politics.

I couldn’t agree more. Still it seems like more people on this thread prefer the female characters in general, certainly as ro’s.

3 Likes

I don’t like Astrid much, I find her kinda irritating.

People really don’t seem to like Altair and Cyrus, and they’re actually my favourites. Especially Cyrus, he’s exactly my type.

2 Likes