Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Cthulhu mythos in a nutshell

Question, how does one romance Yakov? He’s interesting, yet incredibly difficult to charm.

Go talk to him after the hydra/manticore/hunter attack in chapter 5, select *fake_choice *if ((likesguys) and (yakovrelationship >= 60)) and (RO = "") #"Are you dating anyone?" *set yakovromance +1 *set yakovrelationship %+6. He’ll ask you out in chapter 7, after which he’ll be set as your RO.

3 Likes

Awww…but borrowed formal wear is so nondescript, or at least not our style. Unless of course Magi society mimics the contemporary human world in that at least for the men formal wear means dressing up like penguin and has no style whatsoever, except for custom fit. Speaking about custom fit, I hope we’ve been able to learn that spell Astrid used on Leon’s clothes for the twins first party for ourselves by now. :worried:

Also unless we get really lucky with the second-hand clothing stores it seems with the meager pay we earn on anything that is not Leon’s corrupt offer getting enough money together for even a decent basic wardrobe that is both unique in style and can stand up to upper-class scrutiny seems slim to none. :worried:

I agree with Kol’s clothes not being all that great, but “borrowing” formal wear from Leon will be significantly harder then borrowing some of his clothes for an informal party (still surprised the boy was too dense to notice male mc wearing some of his things there, or maybe he did notice and chose not to say anything. :thinking: ).
First of all he might himself only have one or two really formal suits, even if he has mountains of clothes otherwise, so he’s far more likely to notice any “borrowing” there.

Which leaves either asking one of the guys, which my mc won’t dare do in time for the winter solstice because it is a sign of weakness and poverty. Like I said before if his relation with Cyrus gets better he might get over his reservations in time for the summer break to possibly ask Cy for help then in order to not look like a beggar/gold digger to Alty’s posh family and also because he likes Cy’s style very much and Cy is likely to be the only guy who is fairly close in style to what he might himself want to wear.
Or renting, which is what I have done in real life all of the three occasions that I really needed to wear a tux to something, although that was mostly because I don’t want to overpay for clothes I don’t like in the first place and something tells me or hopes male formal wear for magi guys hasn’t gone down the same boring path as it did in our world and secondly I was never actually hobnobbing with the true upper crust elites of society.
All things to consider that significantly raises the stakes for our poor (literally here) mc’s.

Pffft. Formal clothing. Who needs that?

The only thing Tristan needs are his pectoral muscles and nothing else.

8 Likes

Unless it’s penguin suits I happen to like nice clothes.

Still hoping magi formal wear for the guys doesn’t necessarily follow the penguin mold of our world.

I guess it is a fallback option for my mc too if he really cannot obtain anything nice to wear, deploy excellent physique as “shock and awe” tactics.
Still he’d rather have nice clothes.

But not now? Is that by choice of the order or really by a natural selection process which rarely selects men at all? :thinking:

1 Like

We all need some penguin suits every once in a while.

When I think about it, Tristan is most probably going to be forced to wear nice clothes, whether he wants to or not.

Cressida would probably get upset if he didn’t take these kinds of things seriously. And the last thing he needs is Secretary Monroe ripping his wings off.

2 Likes

No, we really, really don’t. It’s about high time we get some equality with the women there again who all get to wear showy, custom designed outfits to such things!
Fashion, particularly formal wear is one of the few areas where equality should go the other way too, imho.

Cressy is always upset at my mc over one thing or another, by now he’s already learning to tune her out.

So long as they’re actually nice (or as nice as can be for a penguin suit) my mc wouldn’t have much trouble, but he’s not going to beg for them and he simply cannot afford a $ 2000 minimum tuxedo on his media intern and scholarship pay.
He could maybe rent something, but unless he knows the spell Astrid used on Leon’s clothes by now that’s going to fall under the not-so-nice label as it wouldn’t be custom fitted and hobnobbing with the elite such a thing would definitely show. Also even renting a top of the line suit could easily cost about $ 400 to 500 for the day, which is that much less he can actually spend on clothes he’ll actually wear and likes. :disappointed:

1 Like

@daydreamsincolor Found this error while talking to Kol in chapter 2:

Kol rolls his eyes. He must be used to that comment. “I wouldn’t expect anything else.”

“No, but seriously, is shifting hard?”

He laughs. “For me? Neah. For you? Probably will be.”

“Darn.”

‘Neah’ should be ‘Nah’.

1 Like

Or maybe it’s not a mistake? :smirk:

4 Likes

You live dangerously don’t you?

1 Like

It could be on purpose. People say nah (or neah, I guess) differently. :smile:

:notes: It’s my world and we’re all living in it :notes:

2 Likes

Okay @The_Otaku_Dragon_Sla I see what you’re doing. Liking all my replies. You’re trying to get on my good side before I take over the world as the dragonborn emperor aren’t you, you sly fox?

2 Likes

I do my best :wink:
Gotta do what you gotta do

1 Like

Emperor Hah, Duke or petty king at best😜

1 Like

Now see here good peasant!!! How dare you!! Kneel before your drgonaborn emperor!!

1 Like

:thinking:

i shall give you a Half Flourishing bow as a Consolation

1 Like

Everytime I see “dragonborn”, I just think about Skyrim.

4 Likes

I think about the D&D book.

2 Likes