Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Yeah :thinking: and the cambions seem a bit more relaxed, though still not into too much dissent. I’m wondering if this has anything to do with the nature of their magic (if you use positive emotions for magic you must be “perfect”! :triumph:) or if it’s a separate aspect of nephilim culture as it’s developed :thinking:

Eek, is that what cambions do? :grimacing: Then yeah, I really could see dark magic as a healthy outlet for negative emotions… while nephilim are all pressured and suppressing that :sweat:

5 Likes

:thinking: I wonder how the other races live

1 Like

Seeing as the general consensus on dragonborns was that they were ‘abominations’ and ‘mistakes’, I think it’s safe to say that they weren’t given the best of treatment.

And even though people say that it changed and that dragonborn are now accepted, I have a feeling in my gut that this isn’t the case.

3 Likes

There’s already characters pretty explicitly saying that the prejudices still exist, just a little more quietly :sweat_smile: and some who just get kinda awkward and quiet about the subject (e.g. Kol) :sweat:

There still would be the question of what dragonborns are like among their own society, rather than how others treat them… if there are enough of them to form their own distinct society at all, I guess :thinking:

5 Likes

I must have passed over that part of the post. Thank you for the reference.

They obviously only fear the superior entity and try to make Dragonborn Think they are abominations out of fear of being ruled one day…

6 Likes

No real surprise there. Throughout history dragons have always been one of the most powerful fictional creatures. Are they in the top 5? Probably not, but they’re definitely not push overs. It’s bad enough that they have bodies that are basically built for combat but they have elemental powers to boot. They’re basically Elementals on steroids😂
I do hope we explore the Lore of each race if possible.

2 Likes

Hmmmm…a ball eh? What’s the dress code, hope it’s not black-tie/formalwear since that would mean my mc would have to basically spend all of the little money he’s got on a formal outfit, so he’ll have nothing nice to wear when meeting Alty’s posh family (unless Cyrus lets him borrow some things).:worried:

It’s probably cultural my mc himself, being a Nephilim falls somewhere in-between in the later chapters being a lot happier then he used to be at the beginning, but obviously he’s still got problems.

Yep, Nephilim culture seems to be very stifling to say the least, my mc may be beginning to understand why his father would have wanted out.

As am I, well at least against pointless cultural “traditions”.

Fortunately for my mc Alty is one big source of positive feelings that can’t be burned off. :wink: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Hmm, if the dress code would be for something dressy, but not requiring anything too formal, you might be able to manage the same outfit for both :thinking: (or slight variation thereof, e.g. presence/absence of tie).

Or, then there’s whatever more fantasy-style outfits are in vogue… our MCs might just not have any clue what would be considered fancy or casual out of those :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I’m not saying it’d be inherent to the individuals, since clearly they don’t all fit the mold, but I’m wondering whether this cultural standard developed as a result of the nature of light magic, or whether it’s something that developed independently. That might just be a topic for independent controversial research, though :grin:

As far as my own plans go, I’m still thinking I’d like to make a nephilim character (intended for Altair), but one who’d feel really out of place among all this magic stuff and wish he still had his normal life :anguished: so… he would probably be showing weakness all over the place, and not conforming much in the least :sweat_smile:

Careful you don’t burn off Alty’s source of negative feelings, then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Seems Alty can’t help but attract the Angels, eh? :sweat_smile: :angel:

Yeah, mine still doesn’t like to show weakness (it’s a trait most of my younger mc’s share with myself), fortunately he seems to be at least above average ability wise, now it’s mainly a question of getting better clothes and some jewelry/accessories to with them, cause right now his 2.5 cheap and ratty outfits are the thing that sets him apart and makes him look poor and/or weak.

Fortunately feelings are personal and given all of the game’s mysterious hints surrounding Alty and his secrets that are potentially too huge to even be properly addressed this game and scream “sequel-bait” I don’t think we have to worry about Alty running out of negative feelings/emotions anytime soon, not even if my mc is as much of a source of mostly positive feelings for Altair as is true in reverse. :thinking:

True, I still hope my mc’s formal dress outfit can be the one from this post:

No tie required. Though it likely won’t be cheap. :sweat:

As for being able to get away with it. To properly combine our wardrobe without rousing the suspicions of Alty’s posh family I think we need at least three good base outfits and a good fashion sense to combine and re-combine these so they don’t really notice over the course of a couple of weeks. Which is given my mc’s tastes not so easily achievable money-wise here, so he may have to try to ask Cy to lend him at least a few things for the duration.

3 Likes

I like a good demon-angel romance :stuck_out_tongue: and Altair does seem like someone who’d be good for putting someone who feels lost and homesick at ease :relaxed:

True, I suppose it is plenty possible to have lots of positive and lots of negative feelings all at the same time :smiling_imp::imp:

Ooooh, fancy :flushed:

I suppose for that outfit, formality could be adjusted by presence/absence of the gloves and cape, maybe :thinking: (it would look pretty silly with a tie :laughing:)

3 Likes

Well it is a fancy ball and my mc would want to look as good as he possibly could, so yeah fancy.

Yep, like all good outfits. To wear it more casually I’d indeed ditch the cape and for outdoors wear I’d tuck the pants into some nice knee-high boots (no need to get the cuffs of pants that nice all torn up and dirty from outdoor use) and wear the jacket unbuttoned with a t-shirt or tank-top underneath.
But that’s what I meant with needing 3 good outfits to make a basic wardrobe that we can keep on (re)combining. Those boots in my mc’s case would need to be a part of one of his other “base” outfits.
Something more everyday, like this:

Combine it with the black leather one from the other post plus a few basic things, like those t-shirts and tank-tops and a couple of accessories and my mc would have a nice, basic but functional wardrobe in his own style.
The point is making enough money and/or getting lucky enough with the thrift/second-hand clothing stores in NMC to be able to assemble it before summer break. There would still be no getting around the fact that quality leather and a formal outfit like that are going to be (very) expensive items.

5 Likes

Nymphs are also technically related to the dragonborns, if I remeber correctly.

Speaking of dragonborns and nymphs, I’ve come up with a little theory about how they came to be. Make of it what you will:

Nymphs, along with cambions and nephilims, were one of the first magi to be created. So they pranced around, worshipping the Dragons and doing whatever other stuff that nymphs do.

One day, some nymph guy looked at a dragon and thought to himself “Yup, I wanna stick my penis inside that.”

And so he did.

Somehow, he managed to get the dragon pregnant and the very first dragonborn was made.

The other nymphs, apalled by this man’s behavior, kinkshamed him and deemed all dragonborns as unholy abominations.

Along the way, they discovered that they could potentially change the dragonborn into nymphs. Personally, I don’t know why you’d want to change from a badass dragon hybrid into some weird cult follower whose only recognizable power is telepathy, but hey, you do you.

Since they were abominations, I’m guessing that they wanted to change all dragonborns into nymphs, forcefully changing unwilling ones in the progress.But some dragonborns (understandably) didn’t want to lose their badass powers. So they went into hiding.

As time passed, dragonborns slowly got accepted by society and the nymphs didn’t force them to become nymphs. So they went out of hiding and lived on their lives. Some prejudice existed, but the majority just don’t care anymore.

Like I said, it’s just a theory. It could be absolutely wrong. But I figured I’d just throw it out there.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, Nymphs are an order, not technically a species.

5 Likes

Yeah I suspect that’s what the dragon massacre and the theft of the dragonorbs is about- Someone trying to make a new order of nymphs and trying to get rid of the competition.

I of course could be entirely wrong.

As far as nymph-dragonborn connection goes, isn’t it just that Seraphina was originally a dragonborn? :thinking: Maybe it says in the stuff I haven’t read yet, but I wasn’t sure if we actually know the original species of the other nymphs. They do all seem to have different psychic powers… did they get those as a result of being nymphs, or develop them elsehow? I’m not clear on that :confused:

Also wondering, is there a requirement (or even strong guideline) that nymphs must be female? :confused: If so, why?

2 Likes

If you ask about becoming a nymph as a male she tells you the best you can get is a brother of light, or something like that.

2 Likes

And yet, dragonborn MC’s meet with the nymph secretary, which suggests a deeper connection. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

There’s nothing concrete about that. I think Gisela may have been a cambion wraith like her cousin. Katia’s still a mystery though. We weren’t told if there are any other magi that have clairvoyance as their main ability (except for the fortune teller we’ve seen during Halloween?).

I do think they kept their original abilities and becoming nymphs enhanced them somehow. Remember, Sera and co haven’t completed their training to become full nymphs yet.

1 Like

Aaaaand there goes my idea of dragonborns being made becuase some dude was into weird shit.

7 Likes

It’s interesting theory though

2 Likes