Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Well why shouldn’t my vote count for 10? :wink:

7 Likes

Nope it should count for 50, Roman numerals and all.

3 Likes

Shh, shh, shhhhh any dragon that’s read a book about dragons from the mundane world will seek to kidnap a princess.

Speaking of which I wonder do dragons in the magic world have any stereotypical traits? Shiny hoarding, Grand theft royalty, village bur-…thinks about dragon massacre hmm…

4 Likes

Whereas the thing about Kol is that he could be literally any emoji…

It does sound like the setting could use a politician who’s willing to bridge the nephillim-cambion conflict :sweat_smile:

I suppose even if my MC wanted to get into politics, being a dragonborn could present an obstacle :disappointed_relieved:

Aw, I wanna be a princess too…

…ah, never mind :fearful:

Bad Briseis :angry::stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Not to mention one who does at least Biden level “straight-talk”, since the current crop of magi politicians seem to be rather bad at it. Of course being found out to be the son of a notorious criminal, traitor or terrorist would likely scuttle any political career before it could even begin.
Furthermore it seems the main elections are in the current year so, assuming they follow the same pattern as the regular US elections that would mean my mc would have to wait between 2-4 years to even have a first shot.
He’s also got his first powerful political enemy already in that he really, really doesn’t like Cyrus’ dad.

Maybe he could become a political reporter/journalist first if he could just convince his NMC news to let him do anything but fetch coffee and sandwiches. :thinking:

1 Like

and in this tale I get kidnapped by a cute cambion girl instead…win for me! :grin:

5 Likes

That does sound like a reasonable career path :thinking:

So if you were to kidnap Briseis, would you then be a princess kidnapping a dragon? :grin:

4 Likes

Well a bunch of us are choosing to be dragonborn so…

Though wouldn’t Astrid be winning in the poles if that were the case? She’s third and second instead…

2 Likes

Hmm this is true on both counts…demons have the same trait…in fact, what mythical creature doesn’t have a tendency to kidnap?

Cute cambion hmm…ok yea seal of approval :smiling_imp::+1:

Dragons everywhere would rank the princess a honorary dragon :ok_hand:

4 Likes

How do you romance Altair?

1 Like

Get his relationship value above 60, which can be tricky because time with Alty is more limited than with most of the other Ro’s and then select the right options. Currently however you’ll have to be the one to propose it to him as he, unlike Leon, doesn’t yet approach the mc with romance in mind himself.

So if I do play a dragonborn in this game I should probably kidnap Altair, to be a prince capturing dragon, RAAAAH! :dragon_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Or Cyrus for the Angel prince variety, I guess. :thinking:

1 Like

Wait…we can already do that :frowning:? When? How? Am I really running past all the romance markers (well besides Kol asking for a date, but…timing Kol…really, you have to work at your timing…)?
No really is that already part of the game? I’m starting to wonder if my playstyle will end with my MC being unintentional single forever… :sweat:

1 Like

After the Monsters and Rogues thing and the job selection in chapter 5 choose to go and see what Astrid is up to and you’ll find her practicing telekinesis with Alty. Then say you want to talk to her brother and Astrid will leave. After that simply ask Alty if he’s currently dating someone and if he’d like to date you. If your relationship with him is 60 or higher he’ll accept and voila, cute demon boy boyfriend.

Then in chapter 7 you can have two very nice dates with him, the marshmellow roasting one is very sweet and definitely my favourite and one of my favourite moments in the game thus far.

Okay random Alty observations and speculation below:
Hmm…from his snippets so far Alty seems to like it if the mc is, or at least acts, all bold and confident without being rude. :thinking:
So I guess my mc’s natural “bad boy” ways may have helped him there, even without the outfits to truly have the look (at least for now). :grin:
If that’s correct it would seem Alty’s preferences in guys may be slightly different from his ideal in girls as he was dating “sweet girl” Cressy before us. On the other hand I guess my mc and Cressy both share an outward facade that projects a degree of (faked) confidence, even if they do go about displaying it rather differently. :thinking:

6 Likes

Soooo…then

These?

“Bad” Boys

“Sweet” Girls

Well I think the girl one is a bit too highschool to fit the setting. Looks wise Cressy seems to have the appearance of one of these these:

Or it may just be as simple as Altair likes confidence in his partners, regardless of gender, so long as they’re not being rude about it.

4 Likes

Oh. My MC told him they just wanted to know more about him…what’s absolutely true…I don’t feel like my MC knows him good enough to be that bold…and in most cases I prefer first friends and only after that lovers tbh…everything else goes a tad bit against my intuitive playstyle (I mean for some npcs I do that, but those have to be quite intriguing…)
Unfortunately none of the romance paths by now seem to go that route. :disappointed_relieved:

It actually plays a little bit as “choose to date this character to see if you like them” and not “get to know the character and then choose the one you like the most”…I think the only character that comes close is Astrid, who is not my type.
Tbh…in some cases this ends up to come with some unfortunate implications about the characters’ personality…Kol for example: it never again gets mentioned if MC initially said no to the date part of the meeting but did say yes to spend time with Kol nonetheless, actually it nearly seems like said appointment never happened, what gives a pretty sketchy impression of Kol’s interest in MC, be it platonic or romantic. (Well if I don’t look at the stat screen that basically tells me that MC and Kol shluld be bffs, just that I don’t see anything about this in the actual text) :T
But well maybe I’m just picky :pensive:

I guess it will be a slow, slow burn for my MC if there are any chances for romance left. And if not…well -shrugs-
The ROs may be nice, but not intriguing enough for me to go out of my way to play their path. I mean maybe they are and I just will never know because all of it is hidden behind the romance paths, but I honestly would have to see more of it in a not-romanced playthrough for it to get a chance to peak my interest strongly?

4 Likes

Some of my other mc’s also wouldn’t be this bold, but projecting confidence is in this particular mc of mine’s character. Plus everybody seems so awfully curious about him, so why not try to take advantage of it?
I mean Alty could always just have said no, like my mc did with Leon, so why not go for it?

Honestly I think that for many characters there should be opportunities later on for the mc who are more shy or just take longer to “find their footing” in this new world they’ve been trust into.

Then again Alty is currently one of the trickiest Ro’s to romance, as there is currently less room for error in meeting his requirements then with most RO’s at present. Though this may be intentional, particularly if that ominous fortune teller reading about him means anything.
Maybe there could be a slow-burn option with Altair too, particularly if you choose to be friendly and interested in him and spend Summer Break with him and his sister. Still he is a year above us and may feel it inappropriate to ask a freshman like the mc directly. Though he could certainly express his interest more subtly, particularly if we get to spend more time with him as friends first.

My other potential RO/Crush, Cyrus also seems to like it if you’re bold and direct in expressing your possible interest in him, though unlike Alty he seems to mind downright rudeness less. Unlike Alty however I can see him eventually outright asking an mc he’s come to respect too.
Of course my main mc views Cyrus more as his Senpai in a non-romantic manner.

4 Likes

What about Yakov? Based on what we see so far I think he came even closer than Astrid.

From what I saw Yakov is one of the most non-responsive characters ever.
That’s maybe just his thing, but to get more interactions with him I also have to actively go out of my way to prioritise him over the other characters while knowing as few things about him as about the others even if MC had to go through the simulation with him we don’t actually end up knowing not that much about him.
So no, actually one hundred percent no. He is not comparable to Astrid, and granted this is because Astrid gets more forced interactions with the MC as any of the other characters.

Tbh he is even one of the worse cases just because of his quiet nature? If not deciding that I like the character enough to choose all his interactions he basically could not be existing in my playthrough and there would be only two situations during which it would make a small difference. He maintains probably the lowest profile of all the characters. And he lacks by now the plot importance and quirks of Sera who is similar quiet.
So no I don’t think so and I honestly have no idea how it comes that Yakov of all characters is the one who comes to your mind as a counter-example. He at most gets similar oppertunities as the other characters to show his personality? Maybe he is more open? But that still means either that the player has to actively choose interactions with him or ends up with him through coincidence (aka player says this activity fits my MC and by coincidence it neans they meet Yakov), if not it’s just bad luck, because all the mandatory conversations with him are really not that memorable considering his rather curt answers during those and for me that’s honestly not enough to prioritise him over other characters. (However the conversations with the other characters aren’t better either tbh.)

Edit: Played his romance to be completely sure and nope he suffers the same as the other ROs.
The reason that Astrid for me feels like we get to know her better before having to choose her romance is because a) she gets the most forced interactions with the MC that means we see naturally more from her, b) we see very fast her negative sides because we start the game basically in a conflict with her (caused by her kidnapping the MC) and get to decide if we will hold it against her or not, and a number of things in between, what means that we anyway have a relationship with her established on our own terms, even if it can be a rather cold one, while with the other characters most of it gets established by the game’s plot and gets at most some flavor text. We literally get to decide if we like Astrid or want to destroy her life before we even meet most of the other characters! And c) the problem with the dialoug that I mentioned sometime before is in Astrid’s case not as bad as with the other characters, meaning that the conversations with her (especially during the early game) feel much more natural and give us with it a better picture of the character.
And that seem to be the reasons why I feel like she is the only RO that gives me enough input on her character to decide if I like her or not before working for/starting her romance.

1 Like

Okay, so Yakov is a bad example. Understood.