Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

That’s what washing machines are for. Can’t imagine that this is more difficult to get out of clothes as the smell of death and decay and if you know how, you get that out quite easely. In the worst case literally just cook your laundry like in the good old times. Helps suprisingly well. (But always first soak in cold water oh and use vinegar or fresh lemon juice)

I think I may should clarify that I know this from an internship at a forensic institute…just to avoid any wrong impressions…

4 Likes

I know the same stuff from a career in criminal law. Some enzyme based cleaning solutions devised for pet owners should work too, though not all of them are colour safe to use on clothes.
For leather clothing obviously never, ever cook but use a lukewarm solution of equal parts vinegar and water, then towel dry.
For getting rid of smells on leather clothing use lukewarm water with baby soap or shampoo, though this is good at getting rid of unwanted odors I find it isn’t always so good at actually cleaning out stains on leather, so use the vinegar method above for that and always towel dry the garment after.

4 Likes

Since we’re on the topic of not knowing how you got so much approval with a certain society, I still can’t figure out how I got 21% approval with the Cambions.

Is it that 77% relationship with Astrid?

1 Like

@Dark_Stalker
The emotion tracking is being added to help with Sera RO/friend path. One will be added for Yakov, too.

It refers to a psychic bond with another individual (a higher level ability).

The manipulation score is the cunning score. I’m planning to change it to cunning in the code as well.

@idonotlikeusernames
Higher level ones can, but Kol has no interest in that.

@Sammysam
Kol doesn’t have enough training to be able shift between different ‘human’ forms. He can currently shift into different animals/magical creatures. His clothing is real.

@AAO
Approval percents are messed up in the current version, working to fix for next update.

Thanks to everyone posting stats!

13 Likes

I guess since you’re looking for stats, I might as well post the one for my Dragonborn character:

STATS
Name: Tristan Hale
Species: Dragonborn
Appearance: You have light skin and grey eyes. Your hair is medium length and black. You have black wings.
Health: Some minor injuries
Money: $1445
Job: Intern for Nephilim Secretary

SKILLS
Cunning: 16
Fighting: 25
Elemental Manipulation: 14
Intelligence: 8
Ritual Magic and Potions: 2
Telekinesis: 14
Willpower: 0

PERSONALITY
Kind: 58% Cruel: 42%
Naive: 62% Cynical: 38%
Logical: 43% Emotional: 57%
Lawful: 31% Chatoic: 69%

RELATIONSHIPS
Astrid: 77%
Altair: 56%
Cressida: 69%
Cyrus: 51%
Jarrod: 50%
Kol: 70%
Thalia: 57%
Leon: 66%
Seraphina: 63%
Yakov: 58%

Nephilim Approval: 16%
Nymph Approval: 20%
NMC Resident Approval: 10%
NMC Student Approval: 10%

1 Like

ahh
then actually…
i think i got it
i got a private session with her at the near end

thanks for the info :smiley:

Gonna answer this again for an MC who was, to put it politely, more streetsmart than booksmart.

I deliberately chose to avoid any stat increase to Intelligence. I had mostly succeeded, except for this one time I needed a Willpower boost to get the best possible result during the pop quiz in Magic Resistance and had to take the +Int that went with it.

MC’s score for World Cultures is still a reasonable 80, and that’s after I accidentally chose the right answer to multiple choice question (I think it’ll be at 70 if it’s not?). I was expecting something harsher like 65, though I guess I’ll have to wait til Ebner’s finals for scores like that.

Slightly related: MC could’ve gotten a worse score for the Monsters and Rogues if MC hadn’t avoided a further decrease by doing okay with Ebner’s homework over Halloween weekend. I also couldn’t figure out a way to get the worst possible score during his exam in Chapter 5, which is why MaR is still at an annoyingly high score of 80.

Course Transcript

SEMESTER 1 TRANSCRIPT

World Cultures, (INTR-101), Prof. Chase
Grade: 80

Magic Theory, (MGTR-101), Prof. Kerr
Grade: 100

Monsters and Rogues, (NATR-111), Prof. Ebner
Grade: 80

Artifacts, (MGTR-121), Prof. Jensen
Grade: 85

Magic Resistance, (MGTR-401), Prof. Darzi

Combat, (NMCO-101), Prof. Darzi

Other Stats

STATS

Name: Freya Blaine
Species: Human
Appearance: You have light skin and brown eyes. Your hair is short and red.
Health: Fine
Money: $520
Job: Magical creatures caretaker

SKILLS
Cunning: 23
Fighting: 29
Intelligence: 7
Potions: 0
Willpower: 15

PERSONALITY
Kind: 58% Cruel: 42%
Naive: 37% Cynical: 63%
Logical: 63% Emotional: 37%
Lawful: 43% Chaotic: 57%

RELATIONSHIPS
Astrid: 69%
Altair: 52%
Cressida: 50%
Jarrod: 69%
Kol: 67%
Thalia: 68%
Leon: 60%
Seraphina: 56%
Yakov: 60%

Nephilim Approval: 12%
Nymph Approval: 21%
NMC Resident Approval: 10%
NMC Student Approval: 13%

At least I’ve gotten 20+ in 2 stats this time! :grin:

Some coding bugs/typos/continuity issues(?) (contains unmarked spoilers for Chapter 6 and 7)

These are mostly huntersubplot related. Because I’m biased.

Chapter 4:

1. “My” should be “by”. This is when Lan was first introduced in World Cultures.

Chapter 6:

1. The highlighted section in the code during MC’s interrogation of Jarrod won’t actually appear in-game. I don’t know if leaving this out is deliberate because it’s not done yet or anything, but I feel knowing about this beforehand put his rashness to kill off Tommie (she’s your friend’s sister, dude.) during Chapter 7 in perspective.
  2. There’s an exclamation point missing in code when talking with Yakov, which resulted as this in-game if MC has fire powers.

Chapter 7:

1. There’s a doubled comma when investigating witnesses with Officer Malina.
  2. The continuity here is odd if MC were the bait for Tommie. MC already has a stake out. When did Jarrod join them in that alley?
3 Likes

@daydreamsincolor Are you planning to add in a +5 score to the Elemental Manipulation grade if you successfully used telekinesis with 15 Cunning, or is that simply going to be a way to avoid losing grades if your Elemental Manipulation is too low?

2 Likes

Greetings. If the creator of this game in particular would wish to review this messag I would like to present a few inquiries. Would you like to receive input based on overall experience of my own play through? An analysis regarding the fictional world you have created? Individual characters? Or mechanics? A certain combination of any of these, be asked specific questions relating to my curiosities? For my last question, is there any other form of input you seek that has not yet been specified in this post?

Regarding fellow fans, would you like to request an analysis on any of the before mentioned aspects of the game?

1 Like

All the above - at least I would want all the above if you were testing my work. But I am a glutton for criticism of my writing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have any of your own works?

None here for now - but thank you for asking. If a project gets to the public stage I will open a WiP thread. Or if I am opening a private beta I’ll keep you in mind for a tester candidate :slight_smile:

Sorry for the derail @daydreamsincolor.

Did anyone get to use that number we got from that guy in a rush from the festival scene?

1 Like

The option hasn’t been written yet.

Thanks for that info

1 Like

@Greyscales
Thanks!!

@AAO
Probably not. From Petrova’s point of view, MC had strong elemental abilities to beat their partner if they win with one of the boosts. Their elemental attacks could have been just average if they win the fight without a boost.

@TheAnalyst
Any sort of feedback you have would be useful and much appreciated!

@Eiwynn
It’s fine!

1 Like

Thank you for having that courtesy in mind.

1 Like

My first post! I’ve been creeping on a few WIPs here (and I’m sorry, I’m technologically incompetent, and this forum layout is really weird/complicated for me). I loooooove this. Tons of options and customization, plus lots of depth and personality in the side characters.

Now all I’m waiting for is a chance to develop a relationship with Altair and Cyrus! (If there is a way to have done that already and I missed it, let me know. I’m new to all this.

Btw, Team Dragonborn.)

2 Likes

Welcome. Don’t worry, you’ll get the hang of it. I understand what you mean, having waited to develop a relationship between the MC and Seraphina for some time. What are some of your favorite aspects of the Dragonborn species? Personally I prefer the elemental species since I feel it provides a limited, but ideal combination of powers. Shifting to me adds a whole other layer of power complexity I personally don’t feel like dealing with.

1 Like

You can ask them both out after the job fair.

Kitsune’s the best. :fox_face: You get illusion powers and (I think) the potential for more psychic powers later on.

1 Like