Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Ok am I the only one confused with the kitsune catnip comments at lunch or am I just missing something obvious and I’m dumb?

I will die inside if one should happen to be demicorn. :unicorn:

2 Likes

Thalia doesn’t know foxes aren’t cats.

How do you get kitsune?

I think you have to be fire-elemental; not sure if there are any other requirements.

Well good to know Im just dumb, how surprising

Pretty sure the only requirement is be fire element, every time I’ve used fire I could be a kitsune

1 Like

Thanks, i will try it now to see if it works.

Just fire, I’ve seen the code. Fire is literally the only requirement.

3 Likes

Yeah but after only one magic shot we get too tired to do another one. As long it’s like that I don’t think we can say we are out of the 4 range yet.

I can respect that. I only took the politicans job because the others seemed kinda boring to me. Maybe i’m wrong and each job comes with a special perk that could be more important than money.

It just seems tense to me. But his lack of concern for saftey is a cause for concern.[quote=“daydreamsincolor, post:1810, topic:12894”]
Thank you for your feedback! :blush: I’m glad you enjoyed it!

There’s a chance to meet two hunters in Chapter 5,
[/quote]

sounds like fun

1 Like

Now I won’t be able to play this without thinking of Harry Potter, I’ll just add that to the list of things this makes me think of then, yay

1 Like

But only a month later, on the field trip, we can use our powers reliably in both fights and possibly inflict some serious damage, so that’s quite some progress. So I’d still say 5 on a power scale of one to ten (by chapter 5). I think our progress in just a month does show the mc’s potential. In fact on the field trip I didn’t feel like my mc was worse at fighting using his powers, in combat at least (finesse and utility spells are likely a different matter) then our suitemates.
What we still lack compared to the others is knowledge and some finesse, along with some utility spells to make our magic more useful to us in our daily lives.
Plus we’ve learned how to handle the hoverbikes, which is nice since it gives me a feeling that my mc now has a degree of freedom and agency to get around on his own now.

4 Likes

I guess all we would need now is the rage boosts then we would have Gohan

2 Likes

Love the new update, excited to get to be a kitsune! And really engaged about the family matters. Off-topic but isn’t it usually that a kitsune can change into a fox or mostly fox, because I detect that happening for the MC - also, myths usually involved the kitsune love stories so how the MC came to be might be a clue.

2 Likes

Found this during one of the lessons, so I’d say it’s possible for shape shifting to a thing for a kitsune mc

In terms of how mc was made, I’d say it would depend on your choice of who you lived with, mother and father or just one

4 Likes

@daydreamsincolor: I was looking through the code (specifically the parts related to species choice), and I’ve noticed something that may be a problem. Basically, the issue is that the fighting stat is set (physical + weapons) only at the start of fights or when visiting the stat screen. However, this stat is not reset before the species selection, so and points of physical or weapons gained since then won’t count. (The last time the game forced a fighting reset was at the start of the previous chapter, although it also reset if you went training with Thalia or Jarrod.) This could be a problem for wannabe dragonborn, who need at least one point in fighting or willpower. (A character who had never put points into weapons or willpower, but had put a single point into physical at some point in Chapter 3 would not be able to access dragonborn unless they’ve visited the stat screen since then. Admittedly, this will not affect a large number of players, but it should probably be checked.)

I also note far worse in the secret species requirements (at least one of which seems to be impossible to currently access), but since these are currently unimplemented, it’s not really an issue.

4 Likes

@Arkham
Dragonborn have lifespans comparable to most other magi (i.e. a human lifespan)

@Pokegen
It was a really lame joke about foxes being more closely related to dogs than cats :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@ParrotWatcher
Thank you!! I’d forgotten about that :sweat_smile: I’ll be sure to fix the coding issue with dragonborn in the next update.

1 Like

So we will never reach the age when we will be able to tranform into a big dragon…:disappointed_relieved:

well the joke went completely over my head apparently

1 Like

Good points, it’s better than average and it was only a month after finding out we are Magi. So hyped to see what we can do after we get more knowledge. Something like elemental constructs/inhancements or telekenetic flight will be fun. But i’m mostly interested in how the story will go and what the MC’s parents have to say

3 Likes