Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

True, but there does seem to be a kitsune-specific plot, too (this stalker), which could end up having a similar effect.

(But, yeah, the secret species look like they might be the most fun in this particular area.)

2 Likes

Really good demo. Kept me engaged and my MC was a dragon born! How cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

Human here with no RO. I’m here to hunt monsters not kiss them. Keeping me trapped against my will? Seems like this place is in dire need of a good purging.

1 Like

Really enjoyed the demo. Kol, Thalia and Jarrod hold my interest. I didn’t know about the hunter subplot until I decided to do a run where I was an absolute ass, so that’s a nice surprise!

I checked out the code because I was too curious. Concerning the family scene at the very end:

[spoiler]If our MC’s a magi, are they also a survivor of the Dragon Massacre? Does this mean their hunter parents who adopted them are involved with the event too?

The books all suggest that only rogue magi and nymphs are entangled in this incident, but could there be a third side to it? [/spoiler]

Edit: Now I wonder if we can have a friendlier way to participate in the hunter subplot through MC’s parents.

1 Like

I am! :'D Outside of all the social stigma and the massacre, being dragonborn does sound like it comes with its… unique benefits :thinking:

1 Like

Opps! Looks like im 2 weeks late for the party…

But great work by the aurthor as always.
Its Good thing to see regular updates are added frequently.

3 Likes

2 weeks late? Not for this party my friend.

@Greyscales
Thank you!

(spoilery stuff about MC family and Dragon Massacre)

[spoiler]MC, for any existing species, was not involved in the Dragon Massacre. Neither were hunter parents, although MC’s mother or father was depending on family background.

Yes, there are third sides to everything :wink:[/spoiler]

5 Likes

Ah, I see. After it was implied that the single father told MC their mother died during the Massacre, I thought all combination of parents would be involved in it. Hunter parents are just lucky enough to survive. I kinda like that it’s not the case!

Thank goodness for smart MCs by the way. I personally would be dense enough not to pick up on that “15 years” coincidence if they have not mentioned it.

2 Likes

Hi all,
I’m considering cutting two of the RO’s that haven’t been implemented yet: Gisela and Jarrod. Neither has had many interactions with MC, and cutting them would allow me to focus more on other relationships. Neither was very popular in the initial RO poll either.
Thoughts?

14 Likes

Just do it, those two aren’t that much popular and both of them wouldn’t be main romances.

4 Likes

I would trust your instincts on this,

3 Likes

Don’t know who they are, but go for it if you need to.

4 Likes

…what the fuck is a Gisela?

I know Jarrod (and that he’s a hunter) but who’s Gisela?

2 Likes

I agree with @Eiwynn, you’re the one who knows how they would contribute to the story, how much work it would be to implement, and also important, how much enjoyment it would be for you to write them.

But consider that maybe they were not very popular because they didn’t have much interaction with the MC.

One question, would you entirely remove the characters or just would make them unavailable as ROs?

8 Likes

The Nymph who teaches the kitsune MC how to use Dream Manipulation, studies at Celestial and she is Seraphina’s friend.

Thanks everyone!

@Guhik
They will both still be in the story, just not as ROs.

7 Likes

Considering I’m one of the only two people who commented to show interest in romancing Jarrod in the entire thread, I can’t be surprised that he was cut.

He’s 70% of the reason why I’m interested in the hunter subplot though.

If I’m gonna burn bridges with all my suitemates and the academy I would prefer it if I get to cuddle with the only one on the same side as me afterwards.

Edit: Just want to clarify that I do not mind if he’s cut if daydreamsincolor think it’s for the best. I know I’m very much in the minority.

2 Likes

But who did you will burn any bridge? You can hunt only rogues.

I agree it’s better to put your motivation into what you have so far instead of trying to implement those two that way. =D I always vote for making cheracter interactions/ relastionships more rewarding.

2 Likes