Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Especially Thalia. :smirk:

1 Like

what about love to be feared, or fear to be loved?

@daydreamsincolor
one of the more awesome scenes for me is when you say “Oh, fuck it all! Can’t I go one fucking day without something trying to kill me?” everyone just stares at you and the dragon just smashes into the wall absolutely great its a short scene, but its a room stopper in a room full of people you wouldn’t think to be surprised by much of anything ordinarily.

7 Likes

I dont know if its a bug or im doin something wrong, through my multiple playthrough i wasnt able to unlock any special species (i know we cannot use them but in description it says we can see what we have unlocked atleast) its always blank.

Any ideas?

None of them are implemented as of yet, iirc.

1 Like

Just really craving a badass species scene where we shift and look bad ass or a species scene when we first discover how to shift (sprouts tails or wings and for those of us still in denial start bawling)

1 Like

Did the [magi with stolen powers route ever get put in] sorry if this is already been addressed but it’s been a while :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

So no one would be surprised about one “dressing” like an animal around the room?

That statement is meant for potential humor. Some things don’t need censorship when you can just omit details.

1 Like

Update 4/28: This update finishes off Chapter 5 and includes the first half of Chapter 6.

New content includes: a magic theory class (5), monsters and rogues class (5), a more in-depth species scene (6). Note that Chapter 5 and 6 both contain quite a lot of branching, so a single play through might seem rather short. I’m working to strike a balance as to that, but please let me know if any scenes in particular seem rushed!

As always, please clear your browser cache before playing!

http://dashingdon.com/play/daydreamsincolor/keeper-of-the-sun-and-moon/mygame/

(Oh, and if anyone could change the title of the thread to reflect the new update, that would be great! It won’t let me at the moment :sweat_smile:)

23 Likes

Changed it for you! Now I’m off to play it.

@Mxm124
Thank you!!!

Noticed that even after I read all the messages, it still says have 1 message.

1 Like

You dont know how excited I am for this update. Literally screamed in class :joy:

3 Likes

That was good continuation, it gave some good hints.

2 Likes

Seems that Kol referred to Lan as a “he” during the Kol RO scene.

And this:
This isn’t some sort of main character thing, is it?

The MC’s becoming self-aware!!!

Hmmm:
Strength of magic = will of caster x talent of caster x knowledge of specific magic + energy put into spell x (magic type recognition of caster) / magic strength constant

Wasn’t aware that most of these things can be represented by numbers…
Btw, in the code, this line didn’t have a closing for the italics.

Can MOS be cause by less powerful magic, too? Or just the big ones?

1 Like

Just after the fight with the hydra:

despite your delay with the hydra. You quickly find out that most groups had not had experiences like yours, dealing with only low level monsters: dwarves, sprites, satyrs, dryads, and the like.

The first sentence seems to be only half there. Looking at the code, I assume I completed the task in 10 turns, so it fails both *if fightturns < 10 and *if (fightturns > 10) and (fightturns <= 14). Presumably the first should have been *if fightturns <= 10?

“…Why would brownies run a café?” He laughs. “Awe, Yuki.”

Unless it’s an answer to why brownies run a cafe (which seems unlikely), this should probably be “Aw” (or “Aww”).

Also from the code, it looks like the death scene doesn’t end the game, but just moves on to Chapter 6. It should end with *ending, not *finish.

1 Like

And wow, that Jarrod , should’ve seen that coming… being non-magi and such.

3 Likes

Am I the only one that is having problems with the forest? I keep getting a blank screen no matter what I choose :\

Also from the code, I note that during the Altair (and Astrid) scene in Chapter 5, *if ((likesguys) and (altairrelationship < 60)) or (RO = "") comes up, but this should probably be *if (likesguys) and ((altairrelationship < 60) or (RO != "")) or else it will trigger for anyone without an RO (whether they were interested in guys or not), but not for anyone with an RO.

Also, it seems weird that one moment, Altair is blushing over Astrid’s “Oh, and $!{name}, if you want to start dating him, you’ll have to ask him yourself,” but the very next moment is completely oblivious to the MC asking him out…

1 Like

Or he could be playing games … I am not yet at that part, so I can’t confirm it but that type of gamesmanship would fit his personality imo. ymmv.

@Ricemaker @Black_Wraith_Panthom
Thank you! :grin:

@UmbraLamia
Thanks!

It’s generally caused by repeated use of powerful magic. But if you’ve played the elemental route, you’ll know that MC uses powerful magic even when not using celestial magic

@ParrotWatcher
Thank you so much for all of the coding help!

Hm, you’re right. Might have to change that then.

@Tilunar
Is that still happening? Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

1 Like