Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Awwww… why limit your self to controlled and conventional explosives? Electromagnetic Pulses are relatively hard to control (what with needing a prepared room to negate the effects) and could make sense for Lightning (and by extent, Electricity) Elementals to be able to utilize this ability by dispersing electrical charges into the air around them to completely destroy any and all nearby electronics. I think it’d be pretty hilarious if our ‘Novice’ Elemental was too accidentally loose electricity during class due to some kind of emotional (or in the seek of entertainment) stimuli. Thems is my thoughts, but then again, explosives are one of the things I find fascinating. Really enjoy the thing thus far though, keep up the great work!

2 Likes

@Fenris20
Dragonborn are magi of draconic descent (think human/dragon hybrid). And yes, eventually dragonborn MC will be able to shift into a dragon!

@Seven7h
Hm, I’ll have to take that under advisement… Thank you!! :blush:

4 Likes

Just to clarify. Does that mean one of our parents is also a dragonborn or does that mean they are a dragon?

1 Like

@Fenris20
One of your relatives is a dragonborn.

6 Likes

Same for Cambion, Nephilim and Elemental I suppose, eh?

1 Like

when i hear elemental, i assume that at some point our MC’s body will turn into pure fire, ice or lightning.

4 Likes

Maybe, Elementals don’t really tend to do that anymore in stories which is a little sad but I guess sometimes change is good. I will go now.

2 Likes

I could see…

Fire:bathed in fire approaching the enemy with a gauntlet made of fire

Ice:Armed with a sword of ice and frosted armor sliding across the floor

Electricity:Flashing across the feild at the speed of electricity in short bursts (kinda combat dodges and bulrushes) stun or K.O strikes with hands charged with energy matching a lightning strike

6 Likes

I’m torn between Cressida and Seraphina for my elementalist Mc. Or maybe I should hit up Cressida on my dragonborn cause you know, them being a ‘lower’ species I don’t think her daddy dearest is going to take it well. :joy:

3 Likes

It’s pretty much guaranteed that daddy dearest won’t like it, not even if the mc is a nephilim too, because no matter what we are we’re still a penniless nobody in Magi society and I don’t think even the mc coming from a filthy rich mortal, “muggle” family, should @daydreamsincolor even allow that as a background option, would change that calculus much. Which, I’ll admit, is part of the attraction of romancing his cute son, although I will wait with doing that until the secret species become available since my main nephilim is going for that cute incubus, Altair.

My main mc here will likely see if the opposing, non-nephilim candidate would be willing to offer him decent pay to become a part-time campaign staffer.

4 Likes

I really like your idea, although it might be a bit overpowered if the doppelganger could copy all of a given person’s magical powers. (They’d basically have access to all the powers of all the possible species.)

Perhaps they could rely more on changing their appearance to confuse their enemies (say, transforming into an enemy’s associates or loved ones) than on the magical powers available to their new forms. The emphasis would be more on sabotage and guile than on direct combat.

2 Likes

I like that idea, especially the fact that they take on the actual attributes of their given element (like the short-burst speed of electricity).

Would that mean that they’d have the element’s associated weaknesses too? For example, maybe frost elementals could be very heavily armored but also move at a glacial pace, while fire elementals would be high-damage juggernauts that have trouble changing course quickly (sort of the way fire is hard to control). Electric elementals could run out of ‘charge’ for a period of time.

5 Likes

(Note: I would like to preface this post with the recognition that this is not an April Fool’s joke)

Update 4/1/17: Family scene added in Chapter 4, Chapter 5 posted. Chapter 5 centers around a Monsters and Rogues field trip. MC also gets to pick a job for the future, and has the chance for more suitemate/RO interactions.

As always, please clear your cache before playing so that the new update shows up!
Link: https://dashingdon.com/play/daydreamsincolor/keeper-of-the-sun-and-moon/mygame/

Two polls regarding the monster fights after you’ve played the new update:

How difficult was the manticore fight?

• Too easy, make it harder (played as non-magi)
  • Too easy, make it harder (played as magi)
  • A good level of difficulty (played as non-magi)
  • A good level of difficulty (played as magi)
  • Too hard, make it easier (played as non-magi)
  • Too hard, make it easier (played as magi)

0 voters

How difficult was the hydra fight?

• Too easy, make it harder (played as non-magi)
  • Too easy, make it harder (played as magi)
  • A good level of difficulty (played as non-magi)
  • A good level of difficulty (played as magi)
  • Too hard, make it easier (played as non-magi)
  • Too hard, make it easier (played as magi)

0 voters

15 Likes

Can’t get past the error with Astrid hating the nd. Appears after you have cys show you your room

1 Like

@Dancingcups
Thank you, just fixed! (Make sure to clear your cache if you try again!)

1 Like

what does the kitsune version of the mc look like,do you have a drawing of the different races the mc can be??

Ngl with you. The moment i read the word update i just shouted YEAAAAHHHH.

5 Likes

For a split second I thought it was a prank but then I had a feeling @daydreamsincolor wouldn’t tease us like that and, thankfully, I was right. Really enjoyed playing through the update (esp at a time where I’ve been needing something to help myself just chill), can’t wait for more! xD

4 Likes

You had me at “New World Magi Academy”!
LETS DO THIS!!!

3 Likes

Am I doing something wrong ? The mandicore fight was there but I didn’t get any hydra fights while playing as a kitsune.

Edit: lol nvm i found it. Silly me

1 Like