Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Cant wait for that updat hope its awsome keep up the good work

5 Likes

A fun and well-made game, but it’s a bit unclear what kind of actions affect which stats. For example, my ‘cruel’ stat rose after I brushed off Astrid with a request for some time alone. Given that I’d just been mauled by a gorgon, it didn’t seem a rude or cruel thing to say to her, so I’m not sure why this is the case.

In turn, this makes it hard to pick your species. Which brings up another issue–Dark Stalker had a very helpful post on Feb 11 about how stats affect your species (it was an except from the source code), but I wish there was a better way to get a particular species without stat-grinding in advance.

6 Likes

@anon49824592
Thank you for your feedback! :blush:

Hm, you make a good point and I’ll definitely have to reconsider some of the personality stat changes in earlier chapters. In the next update there will also be fewer requirements for each species.

7 Likes

Hey, guys, just a quick note on how progress on the next update is going:

• Chapter 4 has 7,000 more words and includes the start of the family subplot as well as the option to play as a kitsune.
  • Chapter 5 has the first 30% or so written. Fingers crossed, I can get a couple thousand more words done by tonight.

The first part of Chapter 5 deals with a field trip/exam for Monsters and Rogues with the suitemates.

26 Likes

Drat, so no cute roguish incubus to protect my poor mc from all the scary monsters. :cry: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t mean to vex you, but I was wondering are you going to put in a codex the describes the different species, magic and factions in the game.

1 Like

It’s against forum rules to ask when a update is coming out. Just so you know.

Wait, so the kitsune option is not one of the secret species??? am i getting that right?

Also, has anyone discovered the three (3) secret species yet?

3 Likes

The unlocking of the secret species are available as per the last update, but the actual species is not playable at all, yet.

So, basically, unless their name’s @daydreamsincolor, I doubt anyone would know what they are, lol

Though, I have to say. The requirements for those 3 are rather… odd… interesting.

1 Like

One of the first things they said when I posted the code

Oh, so everything is still open for speculation. Good: I put my bets on someone of the fay folk for the secret species.

1 Like

Such a broad guess, though. So many possibilities.

Shhh, okay good I say MC can be a tooth-fairy.

4 Likes

Lmao i wouldnt hesitate to name mine tinker bell even though she isnt a tooth fairy :joy:

3 Likes

Heh. Might make it hard to lift the textbooks and such.

Insert Doppelganger as a secret species

What exactly is a Dragonborn? Am I going to be able to shapshift into a dragon?

1 Like

According to previous posts by the author… eventually.

3 Likes

I don’t really think it’s fair to demand that the author insert a particular species. In the end, it’s their project.

Still, a doppelganger is an interesting idea. Could you clarify what you meant? Would a doppelganger be some kind of malevolent shapeshifter that took on the forms of others to confuse them?

1 Like

oh i didnt mean it as a demand. i was just guessing it as a secret species. well i wouldnt say malevolent but yh basically a shapeshifter. If it can copy everything, (magic etc) idk (if im right and the author includes it i hope it can) but yh you have it right.

2 Likes