Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Hey, something odd is happening; the only species option I can choose to be is Elemental. I don’t know what’s going on, but I made the EXACT same choices I made last month, and last month I had the option to be either Elemental, Cambion or Dragonborn (I’m not counting the Unknown Species, but that was also an option to pick from). Now, for whatever reason I can only pick Elemental, no matter how many times I change my answers before they reveal my species. Is this a glitch or something?

@VioletHikari

Nephilims use light magic, cambions use dark magic. When you reach the hound fight and use either of them, you unlock their respective races. If you choose neutral magic instead then you’ll become neither. I think dragonborn is affected by how much of a fighter you are so if you used your magic but very little physical fighting (or none at all), chances are you’re not going to be a dragonborn either. The only thing left at that point is for you to become an elemental (if you have elemental and telekinetic powers), a magi (magic-only) or human (no magic).

Here’s a quote from daydreamsincolor about what each race has:

1 Like

Your stat’s also matter.

2 Likes

Thanks IvoryOwl and Dark_Stalker.

2 Likes

So, I cannot figure out how to qualify as a magi. I followed the stat guide in an earlier post (though to be honest I don’t know if I followed the correct path) and yet I still couldn’t be a magician. It’s a hidden option, correct? I know it’s not strictly available yet, but I’ve been able to select every other species. It’s killing me. I’m assuming I have to have high ritual magic but I couldn’t get it past 3. Has anyone gotten the right stats for this species?

P.S. I absolutely love this game. One of my favorite WIPs. I can’t wait to see more. Speaking of magicians… Jarrod is so spicy :heart_eyes: (wait, he is a magician, right? Warlocks are a kind of magi? Or did I get that all wrong?)

1 Like

Magicians need to be 100% human, basically, deny magic every chance you get(or was it just for the first two chapters?), until the species selection. (if i’m wrong, please correct me)

2 Likes

@ladyfire
To be a magician you have to choose to be a human in Chapter 2, and then you’ll get a choice in Chapter 4 to become a magician.

Thank you!! :blush:

Yes, Jarrod is a magician!

Edit: Gah ninja’d by @UmbraLamia :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

/facepalm

Wow, I feel like an idiot. I replayed like, 10 times and never thought to select human. Thanks!

I’m having the same problem, i keep only getting the option to be an elemental. I’ve tried choosing options that involve fighting in order to become a dragonborn, is there something else I need to do?

have you cleared out your internet cache? @daydreamsincolor recommends us to do that so the game can accept the new data.

I just got around to playing the last update, and I apsolutelly loved it! :heart_eyes:
P.S. Just noticed a mistake:
You’re not sure what the worst part is—that the world has changed or that, somehow, unbidden to you, you yourself has.
You’re not sure what the worst part is—that the world has changed or that, somehow, unbidden to you, you yourself have.

3 Likes

This game is great so far and looks very promising! Only criticisms I can see to make so far are:

1. Other characters (Specifically the roommates) are all introduced far to quickly and the words kind of clumped all together. It became common to mix up which character had which trait and which name and how you had interacted with each one separately. This could probably be considered a pacing issue, and could be fixed by either spacing introductions out using narritave or simply creating breaks in the pages or paragraphs to make each appear more separated. Maybe add some useless (or minimal effect) character choices between each introduction such as what the MC thinks of the character just introduced?

2. I had a lot of trouble identifying with the MC, and left like I could not mold them into my own image (even though it appears to be the goal of the MC’s current customization). This feeling is especially prevalent in the MC’s skills and history. Histories related to the MC’s skills (that decide those skills) would be great, such as the MC was an athlete in high school (more fit), or aimed to join the army and was training (better combat from the outset).
    Greater amounts of variety of skills may help with this issue too, helping readers to mold their MC to have their same strengths, abilities, and weaknesses. Especially for human, non-magi, characters, have separated skills that can be increased such as strength and agility, or weapon skills such as knives, swords, bows (guns too?), would immerse the reader by giving the MC strengths and weaknesses determined by their choices that must be acknowledged. Finally, allowing even minimal customization of clothing past the choice of which store would be fantastic. When I read that Modern Mage had accessories that turned into weapons, I was very excited then disappointed when I could not choose to purchase one.

Quick questions, will the MC be able to utilize control magic? Can they already? My dream superpower is Supernatural Charisma (i.e. Griffith from Berserk), and the definitions of control I’ve seen seem to match that.

3 Likes

I think in the code combat is separated like that. I think they’ve refereed to it as stealth, fighting and weapons so far.

We are unnaturally skilled at it. And control magic is a very broad term. From mind control, to persuasion, to magically forcing someone to do something against their will.

2 Likes

@Dark_Stalker
Is any of the control magic usable thus far? I haven’t been able to utilize it as far as I’m aware in my 3 playthroughs.

You can scream at the birds and they’ll back off?

5 Likes

@CowboyHooah
Thank you so much, I’m glad you liked it! :blush:

I definitely agree that there are some pacing issues in the roommate introductions, and will try to fix it before the next update. I’ll also be working on more MC customization. Thank you for all of your suggestions!!

MC will be able to use control magic (and theoretically could already). There are no options yet that allow MC to use control magic, but there will be in the future.

16 Likes

The next update is gonna be great, more Altair and Cyrus too, I hope. :grinning:

5 Likes

@daydreamsincolor

What is planned in the way of weapon variety? I believe we’ve seen swords and dagger so far, but what will non-magic users (or even battlemages) have available to them in the form of physical weaponry? Heavy axes and claymores? Anything long range like bows? Maybe even guns could be possible, given that it appears to be the modern age in the same world as ours, the only difference (although major) is the inclusion of magic.

2 Likes

@CowboyHooah
I think that aside from knives and the occasional mention of a sword, I’m going to largely stick with modern weapons (e.g. guns, controlled explosives). Since the setting is modern day but with magic, it would seem backwards to have only old-fashioned weapons (that is, unless some of them have really cool magical properties :wink:)

13 Likes

Knife magic?

I always enjoy when magic and guns are in the same setting.

5 Likes