Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

Wait, so its possible to break up with your RO?!:scream:

1 Like

Maybe it’s also possible for them to break up with the mc. :smirk_cat:

I think evidence points against that because he never even bothered to pay child-support or anything for the mc. There’s a name for guys who shirk their responsibilities like that: deadbeat dads. :unamused:
What’s even worse is that he is a coward, as far as my mc is concerned, he just up and left, he didn’t even bother to properly break up with mom, so she could at least have had closure and moved on with her life. :angry:

How he’s going to apologize to mom for the mess he left behind and the grief he caused her, assuming he’s man enough to even attempt it, is up to him, as far as my mc is concerned he wants nothing to do with his biological “sperm-donor” “dad” or indeed any of his “relatives” from that side of the family.

3 Likes

Not yet, but it apparently will be.

Well, it might be too dangerous for his child/wife. Ther has to be a reason why he is hiding :slight_smile: .

Is he really hiding? I always thought it was just his own parents/family making him abandon the mc and their mother. In any case he certainly wasn’t actually married to the mc’s mother from what I gather.
Now doing it to “protect” a second family with a wife and kids, assuming he has that is more likely, but that still wouldn’t make up for his essentially cowardly betrayal of the mc and their mother.
So my mc still has zero use for the “paternal” side of his family.

Note that the code always simply listed him as a “businessman” with presumably shady connections. Which again makes me think he mainly abandoned the mc’s mother and the mc because his own parents at the time threatened to disinherit him or something. If that’s the case then well he made his choice and probably does have a second family by now.

So a “legitimate businessman”, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Absentee Dad is definitely shady, I’m imagining him as either a Magi Mafia Don or Shady Black Ops Intelligence guy.

5 Likes

Hm… my MC probably would be enraged if he finds out his dad was still alive after leaving the family when he was born. He’d probably tell his absentee “father” to scram and never come speak to him or his mother ever again. That’s just my take on the whole thing really.

3 Likes

That’s kind of what I have pictured too!

1 Like

Tbh I’ve always found the mom storyline the most interesting out of the three family routes. I always seem to choose the dad to be the parent that raised my MC.

2 Likes

Dad’s a meh. In my MC’s life. If he has time and nothing else to do, he’ll see about it. And there won’t be any problems unless there’s a murder attempt.

Lea treats the revelation that her parents are hunters with the same reaction she has from everything else: nodding, saying “Okay, thst happened” and moving on.

Bartholomew “Bart” Whitechurch (my fighting focused, kind but inept at emotional intimacy meathead character who’s also a nephelim because I love irony) is more impacted by his familial connection, and wants to connect with his dad, over some odd sense of obligation.

If the parents are human hunters of monsters, then how is the kid something other than human?

2 Likes

Adopted. You know, you are hunting “bloodthirsty” ktsune, killing two “bloodthirsty” foxes and “saving” they pray - little baby. In other words - they are assholes like most of the hunters.
But that’s just a theory…

3 Likes

Gah, I mixed them up… Time to hastily edit my mistake away! I wish my memory wasn’t so fallible sometimes.

I think it their grandparent if i remember correctly

1 Like

Like this idea a lot!

It’s their grandfather

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wasn’t grandfather killed by monsters, not a monster?

The author said it some where on the thread

1 Like