Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP)

I’ve been worrying about this for quite a while, actually, and I’m just going to offer this comment:

People like ROs based on their characters. If you change an RO’s character drastically (by, say, revealing their “true character”, rather than by more natural character growth), especially in a negative manner, then it will make that RO’s route significantly less fun to play through. The idea that a character you like (or even love) never even existed is not a happy one. So… no traitor boyfriends, please? :worried:

(Also, I note a significant gender-bias on that… :grimacing: Top five most secretive: four boys, one girl. Bottom five: one boy, four girls… :roll_eyes:)

4 Likes

I think you’re being a tad bit paranoid on that.
I don’t think I’ve seen anything pointing to changes in personalities.

8 Likes

@ParrotWatcher
Regarding character arcs, any secrets that characters have are directly related to who the characters are as people when MC meets them. Any secrets contribute to who they are, for example Astrid is more insecure as a result of her prior friendship with Reyna, Davina, and Jaime. A reveal won’t be, “oh this person was never who they said they were,” it’ll ideally be, “oh, this is why this person acts the way they do.”

I think I understand what you’re saying, and I’m grateful for you pointing this out. I’ll try and make sure that certain character arcs are fully developed and aren’t meant for shock value that annoys readers.

9 Likes

Except for Alty’s since you implied his was either too huge or not particularly relevant to the first game to delve into. :disappointed_relieved:

True my mc would like Alty to remain the elegant, polite gentleman he already is. But if his secrets only contribute to his personality then I guess there isn’t any harm done and ferreting out secrets can be fun.

Not that my mc wouldn’t be at least a bit upset if it turns out Altair really did know his father all this time.

and it turns out the two of them really were behind the valuable spellbook heist and/or the artifact ones and turn out to run an Ocean’s eleven esque band of (gentleman) thieves together

2 Likes

It’s not paranoia if it’s justified! :crazy_face:

Okay, that’s good to know. :smile:

2 Likes

I see this list translating pretty accurately into the game. According to how easy it is/was to guess their ‘secrets’.

1 Like

I have to say, I’m quite surprised that Kol is the most secretive.

Yakov being high on the list is pretty self explanatory (he’s the mysterious archetype).
Same goes with Cressida (the political types are always hiding something), and I guess I could see Altair having some sort of big secret. But Kol, for me, looked like the kind of guy who’d be really open about himself.

Then again, a shifter could definitely be hiding something up his sleeve…

EDIT: Sorry for the unannounced reply, usernames. This was directed towards daydreamisincolor, but I guess I tapped the reply button to your post by accident.

4 Likes

Eep, I’ve been @ summoned :astonished:

I’m still super-behind on updates but I do plan to catch up again sometime coming up :sweat_smile: I’ll just be a little scarce until then.

I’ll just hope Kol’s secret (secrets?) won’t be too much of a dealbreaker :sweat_smile:

I have really been wondering if it has something to do with how vehement he was about hunters when that came up in conversation. It was the biggest break in his usual personality I remember seeing :thinking:

He’s a shifter—his sleeves themselves could be shifted! :scream:

6 Likes

Well, about thalia, we still dont know what she was doing in the library with kathia, what her true power is, (it’s too unstable, if I’m correct) why she leave her home and about her relation with Jarrod. Ceresia have creepy divination (this part about “your blood on her throne”) but not as creepy as seraphia (:slight_smile:)

1 Like

It’s already been said that Kol wears regular clothes so his clothes are not in fact part of his natural body.

I have clearly gone mad with own magical summoning powers, Muahahahaha! :smiling_imp: :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry I have to ask. Most of the RO, can invite you for some kind of holidays. (I know about Thalia, Cressidia and Astrid) Are you planing to do this off-screen, ad diffrend scene for each RO or just skip it?

2 Likes

:sob: I like surprises:sob:

5 Likes

I’m loving these tumblr asks… Do keep them coming :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Can’t believe it never hit me before, but since Alty is a junior he’ll likely be graduating in any possible sequel and after that my poor mc will miss being able to hang out with him. :cry:
From the tumblr snippet he also seems caught up in something that makes him desire peace and quiet.
That he thinks that desire selfish seems to imply that he thinks whatever he’s caught up in is for the greater good while at the same time wishing he didn’t have to do whatever it is or wasn’t caught up in it. :thinking:

1 Like

Nah, he and cressidia are train to become next leaders of their races, thats all. They (probably) will betray us. I just hate politics and manipulators…
Lol, this mean I hate most of MC friends :smile:?

I believe that of Cressida but Alty is far too nice and cute.
I still think Alty knows who the mc’s disappeared “dad” in the case where our father was the magical one is for example.

That’s because at the beginning of the game Alty and Cressida are lovers, they break up during the breakfast scene and the mc can eavesdrop on them to learn this. I don’t cause it causes a huge drop in relationship with Altair if he notices you eavesdropping, which he always does should you attempt it in that scene.

It’s why he is available on the dating market again in time for my mc to scoop him up, if that’s what you mean.
Which means Cressida’s loss is my mc’s gain. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On that note my mc really needs to pry Astrid for some cute and preferably slightly embarrassing young Altair stories sometime.

2 Likes

Altair and Ceresia working together. You can meet them two or three times. Hell, playing first time I thought they are lovers :wink:. (I still ship alt/cer, thal/kol/jarrod - 3 is better than 2 :wink: , leon/astridand, sera/yakow)

Well, you’re technically not wrong.

They used to be a couple up until the cafeteria scene in Chapter 3, where they broke up.

1 Like

Lol, this is part of altair RO?

No, it’s just in general.

They’ll break up whether you date either of them or not.

1 Like