Keeper of the Sun and Moon (WIP) (Updated 11/30/17, post 3697)

modern-fantasy
nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice
young-adult-fiction

Thx thx. never noticed that

Also, stats:

Stats

STATS

Name: Xavier Blackwell
Species: Dragonborn
Appearance: You have pale skin and blue eyes. Your hair is medium length and black. You have stark black wings.
Health: You’ve been better
Money: $495
Job: Intern for Nephilim Secretary

SKILLS

Cunning: 20
Fighting: 21
Elemental Manipulation: 26
Intelligence: 24
Ritual Magic and Potions: 3
Telekinesis: 18
Willpower: 1

PERSONALITY

Kind: 62% Cruel: 38%
Logical: 72% Emotional: 28%
Lawful: 64% Chaotic: 36%
Resistance: 25% Acceptance: 75%

RELATIONSHIPS

Astrid: 76%
Altair: 56%
Cressida: 70%
Cyrus: 49%
Gisela: 50%
Jarrod: 50%
Katia: 50%
Kol: 66%
Thalia: 65%
Leon: 65%
Seraphina: 65%
Yakov: 66%

Cambion Approval: 11%
Nephilim Approval: 11%
Nymph Approval: 24%
NMC Resident Approval: 5%
Student Approval: 11%

Transcript

SEMESTER 1 TRANSCRIPT

Elemental Manipulation, Prof. Petrova
Grade: 100

Magic Theory, Prof. Kerr

Monsters and Rogues, Prof. Ebner
Grade: 90

Battle Magic, Prof. Delona
Grade: 105

Telekinesis, Prof. Li

Combat, Prof. Darzi
Grade: 95

How can I not follow up with one of my own?

Stats

Species: Kitsune
Appearance: You have light skin and brown eyes. Your hair is short and black.
Health: A little scratched up
Money: $920
Job: Magical creatures caretaker

SKILLS
Cunning: 7
Fighting: 8
Elemental Manipulation: 19
Intelligence: 31
Ritual Magic and Potions: 20
Telekinesis: 2
Willpower: 6

PERSONALITY
Kind: 62% Cruel: 38%
Logical: 55% Emotional: 45%
Lawful: 75% Chaotic: 25%
Resistance: 26% Acceptance: 74%

RELATIONSHIPS
Astrid: 80%
Altair: 62%
Cressida: 50%
Cyrus: 50%
Gisela: 51%
Katia: 52%
Kol: 67%
Thalia: 67%
Leon: 61%
Seraphina: 70%
Yakov: 64%

Nephilim Approval: 9%
Nymph Approval: 13%
NMC Resident Approval: 14%
Student Approval: 10%

Transcripts, Just for fun

SEMESTER 1 TRANSCRIPT

Magic Theory, Prof. Kerr
Ritual Magic, Prof. Moriarty
Potions, Prof. Forett

SEMESTER 2 TRANSCRIPT

Elemental Manipulation II, Prof. Petrova
Magic Theory II, Prof. Kerr
Control Magic, Prof. Ebner
Sigils and Runes, Prof. Moriarty
Telekinesis, Prof. Li
Psychic Abilities, Prof. Ebner

So the “big bad” of this game are nymphs with possible help, of angels/nephilim?

How did you get 20 in ritual magic? Max I could get was 17
I had these stats in the end (I should get 10 willpower instead of 5 though since it’s an old save where it was still illusion magic). I was also 1 point short in Elemental Manipulation from getting 100 in EM course and a higher grade in battle magic.

Stats

Name: Sophia Wilson
Species: Kitsune
Appearance: You have light skin and brown eyes. Your hair is long and black.
Health: You’ve been better
Money: $770
Job: Magical creatures caretaker

SKILLS

Cunning: 10
Fighting: 9
Elemental Manipulation: 25
Intelligence: 25
Ritual Magic and Potions: 17
Telekinesis: 8
Willpower: 5
PERSONALITY

Kind: 61% Cruel: 39%
Logical: 57% Emotional: 43%
Lawful: 64% Chaotic: 36%
Resistance: 23% Acceptance: 77%

RELATIONSHIPS

Astrid: 69%
Altair: 63%
Cressida: 50%
Cyrus: 52%
Gisela: 51%
Katia: 54%
Kol: 70%
Thalia: 67%
Leon: 64%
Seraphina: 66%
Yakov: 62%
Cambion Approval: 17%
Nephilim Approval: 10%
Nymph Approval: 11%
NMC Resident Approval: 13%

Grades

Grade: 97

Magic Theory, Prof. Kerr

Ritual Magic, Prof. Moriarty

Potions, Prof. Forett

Hmmm, actually, by the point of the exams, my ritual and potions was at about 15. Thus, my less-than-perfect score for ritual and potions. I think the remaining increases were from the exam itself, and chapter 9.

105 for battle magic!? Please teach my MC your skills :joy: how did you get 20+ for both cunning and intelligent ?

Stats

STATS
Name: Peter Ezearen
Species: Nephilim
Appearance: You have light skin and blue eyes. Your hair is short and black. You have glossy black wings.
Health: Some minor injuries
Money: $1245
Job: Intern for Nephilim Secretary

SKILLS

Celestial Magic: 0
Cunning: 18
Fighting: 3
Elemental Manipulation: 19
Intelligence: 29
Ritual Magic and Potions: 19
Telekinesis: 3
Willpower: 1

PERSONALITY
Kind: 60% Cruel: 40%
Logical: 61% Emotional: 39%
Lawful: 57% Chaotic: 43%
Resistance: 37% Acceptance: 63%

RELATIONSHIPS

Astrid: 64%
Altair: 63%
Cressida: 69%
Cyrus: 63%
Gisela: 50%
Katia: 50%
Kol: 60%
Thalia: 62%
Leon: 65%
Seraphina: 67%
Yakov: 66%

Nephilim Approval: 24%
Nymph Approval: 17%
NMC Resident Approval: 13%

Yep, the new bus scene really sucks compared to that, and our mc’s now apparently also never learn to drive the things. :disappointed:

I wonder if it’s possible to get 100 in ritual/potions class as a non-magician (and not taking the healing job as a nephilim). There doesn’t seem to be many points to raise this skill. Getting 100 in every course (as a non-magician) seems really hard as you need 30 intelligence, 20 elemental manipulation and 20 ritual and potions stats (unless you take artifacts then you’d just need 15 elemental). As a magician it would be pretty easy as you can easily get higher than 20 ritual and you have 4 classes that raise intelligence so you would get 100 in all of them too

Ok, why everyone building intelligence? How does it work?

Partner up with Seraphina and stay on the offense.

If you have 20+ EM, 15+ Telekinesis and 10+ Fighting, you should get the 105 mark.

Explaining that from scratch would take a long time, so I advise you to search the code as you’re playing the game. It really helps.

Right?

And then you have the last line of that paragraph: “Crammed near most of your suitemates, it’s easy enough to start a conversation.”

Surely, one would expect to be given the choices of who to converse with, followed up by the conversation with said choice. Or, at the very least, have a generalized conversation with the whole gang. But nope, it just ends abruptly before transitioning to the party scene.

Knowledge is power.

I’m curious, how do you influence your choice of battle partner? I think I only ever got… Yakov? I want to say Yakov, but I’m not even sure.

It’s randomized.

However, going to the Stats screen and back has a small chance of changing your partner, so just keep doing that until you get Sera.

Thanks for the answer! I must have been unlucky, I believe I did three playthrough reaching that point, and always got the same partner.

Truth be told, I get the impression I barely scratched the surface of this demo (though my playstyle is to blame, since I have a natural tendency to stick to rather similar choices, only making minor variations along the way).

True, it could be added in later, still I very much preferred the cool and awesome hoverbikes (and my mc learning to ride them later on) to the new bus scene. :disappointed:

Roleplaying, although for my main, Nephilim mc I split it almost equally with cunning.
My witch-boy just focuses on towering intellect and is much less subtle in his personal interactions. On the other hand he can actually fight.

Also @daydreamsincolor on my witch-boy play-through today Alty’s present still isn’t showing up for me, despite having a 67% relationship and it starts off with Astrid’s big chocolate egg again. :disappointed:

The snow angels and snowball war with Cy is adorably cute though. :grin:

Roleplaying purposes for me. Nothing much else.

Love all of the new stuff! Looking forward to more!

Love the story, but i wish the relationships between the characters were a bit more embellished, especially the romance ones. Like when there’s a kiss it’s be great if there was a build up, like the nervousness or excitement they both felt instead of it being, “And they kissed.” type thing.

Will do :grin: (Thanks for the suggestions, too. I have a much easier time describing women’s clothing/formalwear than men’s, because familiarity and all :joy:)

I can change it to a different kind of book…Maybe based on MC personality/stats instead of classes? :thinking:

Good idea, thanks! The reputations in general need to be implemented better.

Like I said before, I thought there was substance to the bus scene and thought I had coded in a conversation…I did not :joy: It’ll be added though, don’t worry.

I’m currently working on a branch for that! :grin:

You have a few minutes before the solstice starts, so you decide to talk to...
*fake_choice
 #Astrid and Cressida, who are gossiping about the people in attendance.
 #Kol, Thalia, and Leon, who are talking about their plans for winter break.
 #Altair, Yakov, and Cyrus, who are speaking in low tones about the previous attacks.

Thank you so much for all of your feedback! :blush: It’s greatly appreciated.

@lokidemon007
Thanks! :grin:

I’ll try and work on that more in the future! Thank you for your feedback! :smile:

Always happy to help and I like men’s clothing. :wink: So if you need specific outfit suggestions don’t hesitate to ask.
Probably relationship would need to be over 60% for any of the boys to agree, except for maybe Leon, whose clothing is easy for us to “borrow” as noted previously. (likely goes for the girls with their roommate too).
you can keep in the generic suit. Also the text mentions the mc went shopping (at Kerse in my case) with Thalia again, so I presume that’s where our second month of scholarship money went, eh? Well at least $500 would just about cover a pair nicer sneakers, 1-2 pairs of real leather pants and a real leather jacket, assuming there was a really good sale or they also frequented some of the second-hand shops in NMC.

Still I’d like the option to ask to borrow at least one really nice and more everyday outfit from Cy as well for when my mc has to meet with Alty’s posh parents. :sweat_smile:

Also like to reiterate again how much some of us loved that hoverbike scene and how much we dearly miss it now.
Unless the bus has plot relevance I think the previous travel scene worked much better. As did my feelings of accomplishment when my mc learned to drive himself a couple of months later. :crying_cat_face:
A single bus conversation can’t possibly trump the sheer awesomeness of hoverbikes.

Summary

I wouldn’t put it past Cy to go for a slight hint of leather even at a formal event such as this with a leather lapel blazer:

http://www.upscalehype.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/adam-lambert-balmain-homme-leather-lapel-blazer-3.jpg