Keeper of the Sun and Moon (Discussion)

It lets an otherwise Human MC use magic without really using magic…if that makes any sense…

Basicalltly the source of the magic is runes, potions, herbs, etc, instead of the MC themseleves

1 Like

How did you achieve this feat?

That Monsters and Rogues score! How???

2 Likes

15 Likes

@Cari-san, I think you broke @Fay.

2 Likes

I have another guide here for everyone. Again if anything is wrong or I missed something feel free to tell me.

@daydreamsincolor There is no choice that sets the variable platonic to true if the player’s feelings toward the new world is “yeahno” for Yakov unlike the other 3 feelings in Ch 5.

Emotion Stat Guide

Summary

Yakov and Seraphina’s emotion stat starts at 25 and must be >=40 in Ch 11 to prevent breaking up or to ask them out to the Nymph Ball.

Numbers in parentheses indicate how much their emotion stat increases.

Yakov

Yakov

Ch 1

• ask astrid to leave you alone
  • move in front of Yakov when attacked by the harpy (+5)
  • if your resistant > 50 you can try to die on purpose but this decreases your relationship by 10% (+1)

Ch 2

• ask what his life was like before he came here, this decreases his relationship by 4% (+3)

Ch 3

• can’t I go one day without something trying to kill me (+3)

• you can also choose to punch Briseis instead but this decreases Yakov’s relationship by 5% (+1)

• HUMANS

• can ask for help during the hellhound attack (+1)

Ch 4

• talk to Yakov and Seraphina at lunch
  • ELEMENTALS/DRAKAINA
    • Elementals can ask Yakov to be positive about their powers (+1)
    • Drakaina can ask why they can’t be an awesome dragon person (+1)

Ch 5

• choose we have to do something about this during the Town Hall incident (+3)

• talk with Yakov in the common room

• the player’s choices are different depending on how they feel about discovering the magic world

Romance:

• #“But what if my reason’s sitting opposite me?” (+3)
  • #“For example, I don’t know if you’re dating anyone.” (+1)

Platonic:

• #“Nothing in particular. I want to know more about you. The real you.” (+5)
  • #“I just want to know more about you. The real you.” (+5)
  • #“You don’t have to pretend either. I want to know more about you. The real you.” (+ 5)
  • #“Yakov, I just want to know more about you. The real you.” (+5)

Towards the end of the conversation

• choose to make the world a better place when asked about your plans (+3)
  • you can also choose to meet and befriend as many people as I’m able instead (+1)

(Note)
-having your feelings toward the magic world be “this is fine” gives you an automatic (+1) when talking to Yakov in the common room
- setting your feelings to “this is fine” can be done in Ch 4 when talking with your advisor by choosing #“I’m…I’m fine.”

• these options increase Yakov’s emotion stat but do not set you on the romance or platonic path
    - #“Is that book any good?” (+1)
    - #“Yakov Vasilyev, if that is your real name, do you swear to tell the truth?” (+1)
    - #“I’m sorry you’d think that way. It must be sad.” (+3)

Ch 6

• MAGICIANS
    • you can choose to bring just Yakov with you into the forest or bring along both Yakov and Seraphina
    • say it’s ridiculous that Moriarty is making you do this (+1)
    • say you just want to go to sleep (+3)

Ch 7

• Hang out/Date
    • hanging out/ going on a date with him gives you and automatic (+5)
    • choosing winter as your favorite can lead to the choice #“I’m too nervous with all of the attacks going on.” (+3)
    • choosing summer and having your feelings toward your family type not be bad can lead to the choice of #“I want to try to visit my ${familytype}.” (+3)
    • towards the end of the date/hang out choosing #“It’s scary, everything that’s been going on.” gives you (+3)

Ch 8

• hang out with Yakov, Altair, and Cyrus (+1)
    • ask why Cyrus is there (+1)

Ch 9

• if Yakov is your RO or you have a platonic relationship you can bake him cookies (+1)

• if you go ice skating and say #“Me too, but we’re in this together.” you get (+5)

• if you choose to hang out with Yakov away from everyone else you automatically get (+3)

• choosing won’t you be cold then when he gives you his glove gives you (+3)
    • choosing #“But why can’t you tell me?” gives you (+3)

Ch 11

• if your control magic partner is Seraphina

• you can tell her to stop and get (+5)
    • or you can say you can’t believe she’s doing something like that (+1)
  • if your control magic partner is Yakov

• refuse to compel it (+5)
Seraphina

Seraphina

Ch 3

• can’t I go one day without something trying to kill me (+3)

• sing a song that gets on everybody’s nerves (+3)

• in the restaurant let Seraphina ask #“Is this something that people normally do?” (+1)

• HUMANS

• can ask for help during the hellhound attack (+1)
  • at the Monroe party choose to talk to Seraphina and Thalia’s group

• ask how long has she had Briseis for (+1)

Ch 4

• talk to Yakov and Seraphina at lunch

• HUMANS

• thank Seraphina for her concern (+5)
  • MAGICIANS

• ask Seraphina to help you with ritual magic (+1)
  • KITSUNE

• ask Seraphina to help you (+1)
  • ELEMENTALS

• Elementals can ask Yakov to be positive about their powers (+1)
    • or you can also choose it is useful to have (+1)
  • NEPHILIM

• ask Seraphina for advice about using magic as a nephilim (+1)
  • DRAKAINA

• Drakaina can ask why they can’t be an awesome dragon person (+1)
  • if you take combat class you can refuse to fight her but this decreases your relationship by 8% (+1)

Ch 5

• if you pass out during your Monsters and Rogues practical but have a care pack

• say #“I second that.” after Kol says that Seraphina needs to rethink her priorities (+1)
  • choose we have to do something about this during the Town Hall incident (+3)

• talk to Seraphina after the job fair

Romance:
-#“Are you considering your romantic options at the moment?” (+1)

Platonic:

• #“I like you, Seraphina. I thought we could get to know each other better.” (+5) (this option leads to questions that you can ask her)

-(saying I like you Seraphina can be done before asking her if she’s considering her romantic options)

• you can ask her to talk and hang out for a bit instead of saying I like you (+1) (this option leads to questions that you can ask her)

• asking her to tutor you in ritual magic gives you (+3)

• if you have not met Katia and ask what Katia and Gisela are like you can get (+3)

• asking Seraphina what she likes gives you (+5)

Ch 6

• MAGICIAN

• bringing just Seraphina with you gives you more points than bringing both Yakov and Seraphina
    • #No matter my opinion on that, her offer to come along with me was kind. (+1)
    • say you just want to go to sleep (+3)
    • you can also say thanks for coming (+1)
    • if you bring both Yakov and Seraphina you can say that Moriarty will send you on a literal wild goose chase (+3)
  • at the fair if your RO is Astrid and your relationship with Seraphina is >= 60 you get an automatic (+3)

• if you choose to investigate the Dragon Massacre and decide to keep investigating you get (+3)

• if your family type is your dad and if your intelligence is >= 20 you can say your mother died 15 years ago (+5)

Ch 7

• after class you can get an automatic emotion stat increase if you are romancing Seraphina or if your relationship is >= 50 (+1)

• if your relationship with Seraphina is < 40 you can ask about where the animosity comes from (+1)

• MAGICIAN

• if you choose to go into Seraphina’s dream and have your relationship with her >=50 you can say that this is the only way to spend time with her and get (+3)
  • if you hang out with your suitemates you can ask everyone about finals and tell Seraphina to relax but this decreases her relationship by 5% (+3)

• if you choose to hang out with Seraphina

• ask how she is to get (+3)

Romance:
-#“Seraphina, can’t you just admit you care about me?” (+3)

Platonic:
-#Seraphina, you’re allowed to focus on your friends, too. It’s okay." (+3)

• towards the end of the hang out scene you can choose to say pretending doesn’t make them go away or you can’t just shut everyone out (+1)

Ch 9

• if Seraphina is your RO or you have a platonic relationship you can get a stuffed lamb for Briseis to get (+1)

Ch 11

• if your control magic partner is Seraphina

• you can tell her to stop and get (+5)
    • or you can say you can’t believe she’s doing something like that (+1)
  • if your control magic partner is Yakov

• refuse to compel it (+5)
  • if you end up having to breakup with Seraphina you can choose #“So will you. Eventually, when you’re ready.” to get (+5)

Extra
Yakov

Emotion stat total of best choices for each race
numbers in () is the +1 to the emotion stat if you choose to die in the simulation

Ch 1 - 11:

Elemental/Drakaina/Human:

Romance:

• okaythatsathing: 71(72)
  • yeahno : 74(75)
  • amazing: 71(72)
  • thisisfine: 73(74)

Platonic:

• okaythatsathing: 76(77)
  • amazing: 76(77)
  • thisisfine: 77(78)

No Romance or Platonic:

• okaythatsathing: 74(75)
  • yeahno: 71(72)
  • amazing: 72(73)
  • thisisfine: 73(74)

Cambion/Nephilim/Kitsune:

Romance:

• okaythatsathing: 70(71)
  • yeahno: 73(74)
  • amazing: 70(71)
  • thisisfine: 72(73)

Platonic:

• okaythatsathing: 75(76)
  • amazing: 75(76)
  • thisisfine: 76(77)

No Romance or Platonic:

• okaythatsathing: 73(74)
  • yeahno: 70(71)
  • amazing: 71(72)
  • thisisfine: 72(73)

Magician:

Romance:

• okaythatsathing: 75(76)
  • yeahno: 78(79)
  • amazing: 75(76)

Platonic:

• okaythatsathing: 80(81)
  • amazing: 80(81)
  • thisisfine: 81(82)

No Romance or Platonic:

• okaythatsathing: 78(79)
  • yeahno: 75(76)
  • amazing: 76(76)
Seraphina

Emotion stat total of best choices for each race. (I did not count passing out at the exam,refusing to fight her in combat class, and anything after Control Magic class.)

Ch 1 - 11:

Human:

Romance:

• Family Type Dad: 68
  • Family Type Not Dad: 65

Platonic:

• Family Type Dad: 72
  • Family Type Not Dad: 69

Magician:

Romance:

• Family Type Dad: 71
  • Family Type Not Dad: 68

Platonic:

• Family Type Dad: 75
  • Family Type Not Dad: 72

Cambion:

Romance:

• Family Type Dad: 62
  • Family Type Not Dad: 59

Platonic:

• Family Type Dad: 66
  • Family Type Not Dad: 63

Elemental/Kitsune/Drakaina/Nephilim:

Romance:

• Family Type Dad: 63
  • Family Type Not Dad: 60

Platonic:

• Family Type Dad: 67
  • Family Type Not Dad: 64
26 Likes

Stats wise I concentrated on intelligence, ritual magic & potions and on willpower. I went to the library after the scene where Astrid gets attacked by Briseis and I picked the studying options whenever there was a chance to do that (except that one time where my options where to study or talk to Sera) and raised my hand whenever teachers asked something (was quite the teachers pet I guess xD). I choosed the assistant at health center job, I think that gives some ritual magics & potions points tho I’m not really sure about this. At the first monsters and rogues exam in the forest I relied on the others when the goblins attacked then when the manticore attacked I used first the starburst bombs (or whatever it’s called, sorry) then the shield, that and Thalia being there too was enough to finish it before the others arrived. At the second part of monsters and rogues exam I just went with the ritual magic related option.

Hope this helps? Idk if this works for others than magicians, I think it’s a big help there that there are less stats we need to concentrate on.

@Sailendranath_Murmu @reedlandflower

6 Likes

So if we pick cunning as one focus, what other stats should each class focus on? That’s giving me trouble.

Great guide, thanks :slight_smile:

Just a note, both Sera and Yakov’s emotion stats start at 25. We need to get it to >= 40 (a 15 point increase) to remain in a relationship with them or to start one in Ch. 11. Perhaps you could add this to your post @Djin? For those who don’t code surf.

2 Likes

It does. I have did the same thing independently during my magician run. I think the hex shop job has the same effect, tho That was back when it was an open wip.

I finally own the game. I have done 2 runs and am incredibly satisfied with my human parents ripping castella a new one.

Time for my simpleton nephalim run.

3 Likes

That scene makes it kinda hard to hate them, right? xD Even tho I wanted my MC to hate them for neglecting her in the past.

2 Likes

I’d suggest adding this guide to the OP or something since this seems like a frequently asked question.

Along with this.

2 Likes

I would just like to point out because it’s something easily missable, that the MC can buy a wish candle in chapter 6 that can increase Willpower, Cunning, Fighting or Intellect by 5 for 500$. Other than that there’s not that many uses for money.

1 Like

It does.

Thanks I had forgotten about that.

Do have any suggestions for a good lightning elemental build?

Hm I just realized, I am getting to soft for these games, I found me romancing Leon, just because I felt bad to refuse his offer of an date. I think I might care to much for fictional characters feelings^^

I am quite happy I did, because the romance was a really nice one. I liked it very much, although I never thought that it would be the case. And after on the next playthrough I am so happy, that in this wonderful game, someone you do not want to date, does not hate you right after you declined. This is such a nice thing. It is tempting to test all the RO ( the male ones for me), I am even thinking about romancing Thalia in one playthrough, she is really cool. I really love the game.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Haha, same. If anyone of the male ROs had asked me put before Leon I’d say yes. But I’m so glad that it was Leon I said yes to, because his romance route warms my heart so much :two_hearts:

I know. He’s an amazing and sweet RO. Even if he covers his soft side with ego confidence kawaii%20blush

You’re gonna have a blast with Kol’s route.

I agree. Out of the female ROs she is my favorite one. And her angst level is really low in the 1st book, so we won’t have to worry about getting our hearts broken :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Kol was my first RO, but I could not save him, I´m still devastated. I have not had the guts to try again^^

3 Likes

I managed to save him. There’s a guide on how to save him in the main post. Stats plays a really big role in the game, so it’s difficult to unlock beneficial options.

2 Likes

Yes, about that. My mc was wondering if the university couldn’t build an extension to the dorm room to house Leon’s enormous ego (oh, and all of Leon’s stuff, which is also a lot). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for the romance from what I remember of the (open) beta it’s quite sweet, but he’s not actually all that romantically compatible with either of my mc’s.

2 Likes