Keeper of the Day and Night (Discussion)

The game still makes me select one.

When does it do that?

Shortly after the beginning it tells me I got close to someone and asks me who I want to spend time with, don’t remember exactly when but It was shortly after the beginning.

you need to spend time with someone for plot purpose (is a mayor part of the game) but is not necessary a love interest, can be in a friendly whay

2 Likes

The story is interesting. I had to replay the first part to remember the events and characters. Many praise that the author’s style has improved many times over. Yes it is. However, there are also disadvantages. The author gives us absolutely no chance to make any worthwhile moral choice, like the one that was in Life of a Wizard. You could be a truly villainous necromancer ready to oppress the world. Right here we are forced to just play an auxiliary role in someone else’s politics, which is not really important for the player.

7 Likes

I’m so excited for book 3 already especially with all of the :frog::coffee::sparkles:

It’s well-written, but

I somewhat agree with you. It feels like we’re just a cog in their political machine. I do hope we’re able to make a big change to NMC in the third book.

Additionally, I hope that the game stops treating us as if everyone is slightly stronger than us. Looking at you Gisela, Cyrus, Frostbite goons, suite mates (Thalia, Yakov). We’re a Keeper. Every spell we cast is celestial magic by default. We’ve been training non-stop for the entirety of book two. What’s the point of all those compulsion training and combat drills if getting cut by a single tiny knife with anti-magic juice is enough to beat us?

Let. Us. Feel. Powerful. :clap:

It’s a fantasy world. It’s not entirely outside the realms of possibilities.

15 Likes

Alright I have no idea if this has been asked or not but say you break up with one of the RO’s mutually is it possible to get back together later?

With my luck this has been asked, and since its been sitting in my head rent free since the demo period I think it might’ve been me but my memory is absolute shit!

I played this game twice already and I have so much to say I can’t put it in writing. I obviously underestimated the worldbuilding and politics that I ended up putting my phone down when the dots began connecting. I like how everyone’s talking about the same game here but also at the same time, it’s like I have no clue what they’re talking about because I haven’t discovered even one-fourth of the secrets yet. Kudos to the author, this is such a very immersive game. The dialogue and pacing could be better, but it’s clear that the gargantuan plot was prioritized here and it delivered so much.

In my second playthrough I was very much surprised because Gisela and the MC have so. much. chemistry??? I’m definitely gonna include her in my prayers to be an RO in book 3.

2 Likes

If you break up with an RO right at the beginning of the second game, you can’t get together again

1 Like

It should have been (+ vengeful)

2 Likes

Even being friendly felt out of character since I actively tried to antagonize everyone.

2 Likes

My immediate image of when Leon arrogantly asks Astrid out.

14 Likes

Will more ROs be added to the story in book 3… because I kinda fell in love with Gisela :flushed:

7 Likes

Is it okay to ask for a guide for successfully capturing Tremblay, Jack Frost (forgot his name so let’s go by his nickname) and Dominic? I don’t know what am I doing wrong.

1 Like

For Dominic you need high cunning, for other 2, you need one of your fighting style high

5 Likes

Andrei (Jack Frost) is the first Frostbite agent you can bag. You beat him in a fight using your magic or physical abilities after choosing to take on Frostbite with your suitemates. It helps if you beat Reyna as well. For Dominic, either side with Marcela (which, why wouldn’t you?) and play to your strengths, or take them both on and win. Then, capture him and take him back to NMC, where he’s picked up by the authorities. While it is possible to capture Tremblay, it feels like the canon outcome has him getting away, because the stat checks are…high. I think you have to subdue him when he escapes and reveals himself as a Frostbite agent. I managed it on a Nephilim playthrough, but none of my others, with comparable stats, made it.

3 Likes

Are you sure about needing cunning for Dominic? I’ve beat the game with four different characters and only one of them had high cunning, with the rest having less than 20. I’ve managed to capture Dominic every time.

@Snowflower the only time I’ve failed to capture Tremblay was when I did a magician playthrough with very little fighting or willpower. Every other character I managed it no problem. I think that as long as you are competent in a combat ability you should be fine

2 Likes

So compel him to stop? My kitsune’s willpower is jacked, I’ll try that.
And yeah, you don’t need cunning to capture Dominic. To learn about him, probably.

1 Like

Yes? If you don’t have cunning, he will teleport away

3 Likes