Keeper of Life and Death (WIP, updated 9/28 post 1278)

Sera is the Keeper’s Batman equivalent.

She saw her entire family murdered right in front of her eyes as a child, and then had to enact a persona in her own thoughts to protect herself from the authority figure that was supposed to take care of her but instead ritually murdered, enslaved her, and violates her very thoughts.

Her coping mechanism to deal with life showing her she was helpless and hopeless is to be prepared. For everything. Alien Invasion. Zombie Apocalypse. Girl Scouts Uprising.

So if you can’t handle that being prepared for everything includes dealing with your MC, then it boils down to you not liking Sera’s personality.

Because of course she has such plans. What if you’re possessed by a demon? What if someone uses control magic on you? What if a kitsune gives you a walking hallucination that makes you see all your suitmates as Frost agents?

Sera is as paranoid as any doomsday prepper, because her doomsday already came.

If anything, falling in love with the MC would make here more paranoid, not less, now she has more to lose.

If you can’t handle that, that’s fine. That is why the game has multiple romance options.

20 Likes

but i get all three

@daydreamsincolor

4 Likes

I think it’s related to the choice of what did MC with Dominic. I don’t know about coding but it may block it depending on what you chose when creating the demo’s MC.

1 Like

I can’t really be the only person who would find this kinda hot, can I?

11 Likes

I won’t tell you it’s hot, but I won’t tell you it’s NOT hot either

12 Likes

Oh 100%, being that knowledgeable/intimate with a (responsible) partner is pretty hot

5 Likes

I knew those thin mints were drugged.

The cookies taste so good because they dull the senses! When we’re all happy and clueless, the scouts will earn their “Overthrowing the Governments of the World” badge!

Sounds of conflict as Logical Zyri attempts to rip the tinfoil hat out of Conspiracy Zyri’s hands

4 Likes

Okay, I get the point, but following the last confession, seraphina has come a long way in terms of emotional maturity with my MC. I just hope she does not go back to the way she was at the beginning of book one in this final book because that would suck big time, and I’m not talking about romance options alone, both Sera and Yakov were robots at the start of sun and Moon, after going through several near-death experiences as a suite they deserve better progress when it comes to opening up.

3 Likes

She has made progress and it will probably stick, but she still is who she is and some things will never change

6 Likes

It was a fun read… i enjoy it.
However, may i have a suggestion?
It is regarding the method we could use when confronting the enrmy , i use complusion for all the fights thus far and beating the archeologist easily , but it feels weird in the sense that MC could easily use the same method for all situation… perhaps we should limit our power one at a time ? Like if i use compulsion earlier on, due to fatigue reason i couldn’t use it in the next round… else it feels like if i can beat every situation with compulsion, then there is no chance for me to use electricity manipulation at all…

5 Likes

If there were restrictions like that, I would suggest something less arbitrary than just being prevented from using the same method twice in a row. Being unable to just punch a flying enemy or being in a situation where compulsion isn’t socially acceptable, finals if we go back to actually playing through them, things like that. If there’s no logical reason why we can’t use a particular skill, I’d rather just have it available and leave variety, or lack thereof, up to individual choice.

5 Likes

Eh, I kind of like having all the options available. It leaves it more up to player choice. I mean, if my MC is really good at compulsion because they’ve focused on it a lot, then it makes sense for them to use compulsion whenever they’re in a dangerous situation, and for them to be able to do so without getting fatigued, since they’ve practiced using it quite a bit.

Having all the options available makes it so that people who want to play with an MC who is aware of what they’re good at can play an MC like that, while people who want to play an MC who doesn’t really know what their strengths are have the option to do that.

Plus, it’s the last book in the series, so it wouldn’t really make sense for this mechanic to be introduced now. If it was there since the beginning of the series that would make sense, since then players could make their builds with the knowledge that they wouldn’t be able to rely too much on one stat, but that’s not the case. It would be unfair to players who made a build focused on a single stat, since it would effectively mean that they would fail every other combat stat check due to a mechanic that was introduced in the third game and that they couldn’t take into account when making their MCs.

You can still use elemental manipulation if you want though. Your MC might not be as good at it, but you do have the option to use that instead of compulsion.

12 Likes

Right. Also, in this kind of games, the diversification of habilities ain’t recommended because the MC ends up being average at everything. You can chose compulsion as primary skill and elemental manipulation as secondary, be good at both and use them per turns.

2 Likes

Stats like telekinesis and potions usually have lower checks so a lot of the time, if you play with just the right choices, you can usually have one primary stat, one secondary stat, and one tertiary stat that only needs to pass lower checks; You might even be able to juggle four if you’re extremely careful

I guess I will punch the bad guys as human again lol. I wasn’t expecting this book this soon

3 Likes

What a time to return from forum hiatus. The officially released sequel to KoSaM AND the demo for the third installment :nerd_face:. Amazing.

4 Likes

Will we be able to use a gun again? I miss mine from the first game and at this point it’d be nonsensical for us to not be able to carry one around.

6 Likes

of course if you spend enough time with anyone long enough you’ll notice character “flaws” and “weaknesses". But if you love him/her truly, you will also love those flaws and those weaknesses. You know that without those the person you love, would be entirely different. Even if you have a plan to immobilize him or restrain him or whatever, you don’t say it as a matter of fact, and in such cold way. You can say something like “I know there will be no reason to use youw flaws because i believe in you”. That is what love is all
about. I would rather to have a partner who believes in me.

And something else i didn’t really like. Even if you are dating Sera, when she says that you have to go to the Tomb, after learning about Gelosia’s death, if you say “You two have fun”, Sera says “Please, we are friends”. Sooooo… You are dating, or you are friends??

2 Likes

By that logic, Sera making those plans is part of her character flaws. If you loved her you would trust her not to use them even if she made them. (my opinion at least)
Either you dont care that she did that, you dont like it but it isnt enough for you to break up with her or you dont like it and it is enough for you to break up with her. Hell, maybe someone even likes that she made those plans.

6 Likes