Keeper of Life and Death (WIP, updated 9/28 post 1278)

Aw, that picnic scene was a pleasant little break from the impending end of the world and how awful being a Keeper is. Think I’ll glance through the versions for the other ROs.

One peek at the code later

Oh…some of these are rather concerning.

Edit: Also looked over the other Thanksgiving scenes, and I think the Leon, Cressy, and Cyrus one mentions Moreno when it was supposed to be Castella. That or I’m sleep deprived and mixing up malevolent government officials. One or the other.

6 Likes

Okay immediate issue- On a hunter playthrough, it had the parents acting like I took out their kidnapper with some explosive occult superpower, when as a hunter, it was probably more like krav maga or something.

And linking “Our kid knows kung fu” to “winter palace blew up/burnt down” does not make sense as a logical leap, either.

choicescript_stats line 100: invalid indent, expected at least one line in ‘if’ true block

5 Likes

thats keeper :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: i already hate her so much, but this chapter was ohhhhh ahhhhh urrrrrggggg, help??? Why must the MC endure so much, sorry for my bad english

2 Likes

So… my MC seems to rapidly approach the moment when she’ll be screaming maniacally about unlimited power or something.

I knew why I chose lightning as her element…

How fun.

8 Likes

mine Mc is a kitsune and has fire as a element, i cnat wait to see her with 9 tails and glowing eyes of course with FIRE in the background :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Man, this book, this blessed book. The characters development you wrote is just the top. They way you made the descent in the path of villanity is just soo cool and well developed.

11 Likes

By the way what do you have to do to unlock the option to say

“Was she like me did she become too dangerous to live”

And

“Did they turn on her like you’ll turn on me one day”

I believe those choices are when you return from the museum.

7 Likes

At this rate if my MC doesn’t end up destroying the world or worse whatever on purpose or accident I will be very surprised

8 Likes

Also honestly the relationship between my mc and Seraphina is getting very unhealthy and she should probably get as far away as possible from him for her own good that or kill him

16 Likes

Doesn’t look like there’s anything to unlock those at the moment. Could be a sanity check or something to be added down the road, or might just be visible to represent MC’s less than healthy mental state.

5 Likes

Didn’t see any real issues with Chapter 7, other than, again as I repeat and hope for this to happen, the lack of rage for our MC. Both endings (Saved-Not Saved) are well done and it is fitting for us to be numb and such, but at the same time I would love for us to truly snap at our romance and friends and let all of the pent up emotions and what not all out and a fit of yelling, cursing, crying, etc. This constant melodrama is fitting but kinda lacking in emotions if ya get my meaning.

Also… I see you Brynn… mentioning my head canon of Sera’s World Domination plans there. :wink:

And my girl Murder Siren… I can’t help but chuckle.

15 Likes

Is*

Surname shouldn’t be blank

A word is missing here, I assume it should be “daughter/son/child”?

If I recall correctly, MC had different choices in what to call Lysander. It’d be more immersive and in-character if MC could call him by their chosen name, as for my case it’s “Dad”. I think it would also have a greater impact since this is such an emotional and personal scene between MC and Isa. I know you probably can’t import the variables of the previous games into the demo but I think it’s worth keeping in mind once you can.

7 Likes

Gawd damn!! Things just keep getting worse don’t they! Is it bad that my first instinct when the other keeper showed up was to look for the option to kill her because Anna (my MC) and therefore myself are now insanely paranoid about everyone around them? I like to think it’s a good survival instinct to have with all the hell coming at the MC in this book!!! There is no question the MC has a seriously bad case of MOS.

11 Likes

This happened when I tried to open the relationships tab

4 Likes

Personally, I felt like Sera’s reaction when she finds out that you killed the nymph secretary, assuming you did, false kind of flat. She asks you why you did it, you throw out a justification, and then the scene is basically over. It never gets brought up again, there are basically no repercussions, and any emotional impact I was hoping to get from that scene doesn’t really hit with the intensity I was hoping to see. Besides that, I have general pacing issues, mostly because. everything seems to move past really quickly, and any scenes we get with the characters are fleeting at best and are only there for a couple screens

17 Likes

my mc is becoming very… homelander-like, I mean now he thinks he is the most powerful in existence and the second coming of asteria (soldier boy) apart from the fact that (on certain routes) killing no longer affects him at all

how weird, you try to create an mc who is a charismatic rebel and you end up with someone who believes he has the power to control the universe

8 Likes

I have to agree with this.

Too many scenes that end abruptly when they could have been expanded upon, and fighting scenes especially feel very basic and skipped.

17 Likes

Ikr. This book is hands down the best triology I have read in choice of games, from the life like characters to the life like MC, their developments, the world’s lore. It’s all amazing

1 Like

This song is starting to be very appropriate for my mc

3 Likes

100% agree with this couldn’t say it any better, this book is too rushed one thing happens then we don’t see the aftermath or anything we just skip to the other scene.

6 Likes