Keeper of Life and Death (WIP, updated 9/28 post 1278)

For an MC who’d been dating Katia since book 1, would there be any room for them to notice and point out a co-dependent relationship between her and Gisela ‘last spring’? If MC is talking about co-dependence in a platonic sense it makes sense, although a bit muddled because it’s being talked about in relation to her relationship with MC, which seems decidedly non-platonic.

6 Likes

Wow, short but loaded. And this time MC has a new level of indifference.
Or maybe that was sadism? Dunno, my english is a bit bad :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I got the impression that the romance-dependent interactions just aren’t done yet.

8 Likes

Yeah, I had the feeling too. Still, I felt it wouldn’t hurt to point it out.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!! :smiley: Hoping to have an update out by early September.

No

Next update will include references to MC contacting Dominic to work with Frostbite if Dominic isn’t captured

Yes

Yes

Yes

21 Likes

I’m super excited and can’t believe you’ve already got a wip for this!!! This is already fascinating!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Update 8/31: includes most of Chapter 2 and added option to side with Frostbite in Chapter 1

Link: https://dashingdon.com/play/daydreamsincolor/keeper-of-life-and-death/mygame/

Thanks for playing!!

64 Likes

Good to be back at Magi. Will proceed to listen to the Nymphs and happily function as a normal student. If the plot wants MC, it’ll have to drag him in kicking and screaming.
Having played through a couple of the RO bits and looked over the rest in code, somehow Thalia of all people comes the closest to having mundane problems. I feel we should all be frightened by this.

6 Likes

Update was great as always, the meeting with the staff was a lot of fun.

Some questions and suggestions:

1. I know the choice to say we exposed Monroe for the Nephilim mind control hasn’t been added to the demo yet, but if/when it does get added, is Dalton (the politician, not Leon) going to get backlash for it as well? Since Dalton opposes the loyalty testing it would make sense for him to get backlash if the MC exposed Monroe, since it could be seen as hypocritical (whether or not he knew about Monroe’s actions, people would still assume I think, given how close they are).

2. Similarly, if the MC opposed both the SAVIOR and the SWORD acts, is the ban on ritual sacrifice still there? I’m assuming yes but I’m not sure how exactly since there isn’t a bill we know of that it can be added to.

7 Likes

Haven’t tried the update but thanks for the work!

1 Like

We asked for cloths variety and @daydreamsincolor granted :sparkles:
Thanks!

1 Like

I’m still sad that the least bad the male mc can do in the diplomatic dinner is to wear the same old crap he’s more or less forced to wear to college or a cheap rented suit probably picked up from something like suit supply at the airport. :unamused:
We’re supposed to be some sort of major celebrity on a diplomatic tour, not attending a pickle salesperson convention.

" #“I finished unpacking ages ago.”"

Ain’t that the truth, one cheap pair of jeans and t-shirt with ratty sneakers looks just like another after all, so apart from the one good suit Cyrus got my mc he can just sorta throw the rest vaguely into the closet and call it a day and it is not like we have much other crap anyway, since we haven’t really been able to do anything with our keeper income except shop, which is at present only attractive for female mc’s, imho.
Which sadly means my mc is probably putting it all into some 401k that he’'ll never live to actually use given keeper life expectancies. :unamused:

All of this does have a point as I’d like for my mc to answer this quip by Leon:

“Were you planning to steal all of my clothing?” asks Leon, unimpressed, after you’re finished in five minutes."

With a simple, deadpan, Yes. Cyrus style. :grin:

As a quick note I’d also not call anything male mc can have “style” or at least not anything except bum style. :unamused:

Ugh, poor mc, nothing ordered online ever fits quite right as the cheap fast fashion stuff is just that and more expensive items are generally meant to be at least semi custom, which is why the models always look better in it than you do even if you have a model physique of your own. :unamused:

Also can’t we include Alty in the hellfire strategy? Particularly if he’s mc’s ro, as it seems they will come after poor Alty anyway, so why not keep him in the loop from the start?

2 Likes

On the subject of MC’s attire, maybe after choosing their style there could be some mention of wearing RO’s solstice gift from last year.

1 Like

Lol my dragon has become into a hellhound XD

In the 3d page of chap 2 figure that MC has a hellhound whatever pet you’ve choised before XD

5 Likes

Great, now you have me wanting an option for my MC to show up at a press conference in a pickle costume :wink:

3 Likes

I chose my pet to be a dragon but the text says hellhound

I think taught is supposed to be “taut”?

Unnecessary apostrophe after “it”

Also I love MC roasting NMC fashion trends haha

4 Likes

Hey! It was good years for jeans

2 Likes

Is there going to be any new love interests in book 3?

3 Likes

Probably not

1 Like