Keeper of Life and Death (WIP, updated 9/28 post 1278)

I need love scene or kissing, cuddle scene, many of them so that I can drow in them :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
@daydreamsincolor

2 Likes

Welcome back chief glad to see one of my favorite series back in action. Canā€™t wait to see what the endgame brings.

4 Likes

Even though this is very rough draft, itā€™s good @daydreamsincolor

5 Likes

yayyyyyy i am so excited to see this already!! this is truly one of my favorite game series. so far so good!! i didnā€™t notice any glaring typos. though, when using the ā€œcreate character optionā€, i never got any option to set who i was dating/in a relationship with. and one thing that i noticed that sort of reflected that was in the dinner scene with safyia, after they find out celosia woke up, it says, "you donā€™t know the intricacies of their relationshipā€¦ etc, but iā€™m dating sera, so i absolutely do. i donā€™t know if there is a variation that i just didnā€™t get because i didnā€™t get to set who i was dating yet, but this stuck out to me.

5 Likes

this happened when I was a Ritual Magic Major choosing an internship
Thisā€¦may also just be a nitpick but in Leonā€™s route weā€™ve already met his grandmother? I dunno I just thought it wouldā€™ve been mentioned either before or during the meeting.

3 Likes

Really like the vibes of the first chapter so far, it feels a lot more high stakes than the first chapter of Book 2. I really liked the scene where we think we killed the Frostbite agent and we can choose how to react to that. Itā€™d be super cool to see more stuff like that throughout the game, since it makes helps us remember that the MC is still a college kid and not just some sort of killing machine.

Couple of things though, when you go to the stats screen, thereā€™s no option to see your relationship stats with other characters, you can only view your personal stats. Additionally, the stats for Elemental Manipulation, Sigils and Potions, and Telekinesis donā€™t show up on the stats page.

Summary

Also, I feel like we didnā€™t really get to ask many questions about the whole ā€œend of the world situationā€. I get that Frostbite is trying to destroy the veil or something crazy like that, but I still donā€™t know exactly what the veil is or how it works. Itā€™d be nice if we get some interactions in the first chapter where we can ask about that kind of stuff, since it seems like itā€™s going to play a major role in the rest of the story.

Last thing, Iā€™m not sure if this is a bug or just something I canā€™t figure out how to do, but when I go to the ā€œset stats directlyā€ screen and get to the point where I can choose which Frostbite agents I captured, I can never choose Dominic. I canā€™t pick any of the options that have Dominic listed, and I canā€™t choose the ā€œI captured all of themā€ option, even though I tried to replicate my stats from Book 2, where I did capture all of them.

Iā€™ll probably have more once I replay the demo a few more times, but thatā€™s all I have for now.

10 Likes

Chapter 1 I get this
line 6: There is no character at position 1. ā€œā€ is only 0 characters long.

6 Likes

So excited for this!!!

2 Likes

Patiently waited for this. Canā€™t believe weā€™re on the demo topic for the third book already.
Seems like yesterday we were arguing in the first thread. x)

Canā€™t wait to jump in.

3 Likes

Woahā€¦ early for it! Lesgetit!

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait for this to come out

3 Likes

Ok but hard agree. What even are the fashion choices sometimes ndjehdksjs. Khaki pants?? To a formal dinner??? I understand that NMC trends are different from human fashion trends, but god that is awful. But Iā€™ve been noticing that Leon has frequently been wearing like, polos and khakis. So I assume thatā€™s the male fashion tends for NMC? It makes me want to cry. I hope MC can influence fashion trends because I donā€™t think I can deal with skinny non-ripped jeans and khaki pants. NMC trends are still stuck in the 2000-2010ā€™s.

10 Likes

Maybe change the best friend option to romance option? Itā€™s a little confusing. :slight_smile:

I went code diving, discovered that one of the possible options is negated because of the code being case sensitive; specifics below.

Summary

When weā€™re at the point of having to decode ancient hieroglyphics in the tomb, this is supposed to be one of the options:
*if (major = ā€œRitual Magic and Potionsā€) #ā€œI know some. Ritual Magic and Potions major, remember?ā€

However, itā€™s currently impossible to access because all previous instances of setting the characterā€™s major are listed as ā€œritual magic and potionsā€. So just a coding errorā€“the option itself looks really cool, though! Always nice to have things like the MCā€™s major have a chance to come into play.

6 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve noticed that too. Thereā€™s at least 2 options for feminine clothing that seem formal but only one option masculine clothing that seems formal. Itā€™d be cool to see more variety, especially since there were plenty of options in the first and second books.

That being said I do really appreciate the author not locking clothing choices to certain genders. Iā€™m glad female MCs can wear masculine clothing, since thatā€™s how I like to play my MCs, and Iā€™m sure someone is glad male MCs can wear feminine clothing. I know weā€™ve been able to do that since Book 1, but I just wanted to let the author know that I appreciate it and I think thatā€™s super cool of them to do.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think the options were ever gender locked, but for my mc at least feminine clothing holds very little appeal. He does share Astridā€™s aversion to ripped and torn clothing thoughā€¦which is, rather sadly, what the monsters always seem to do to his own attire and why he cannot have nice things, like Cyrus. :unamused:

Especially since in the first two books the mc could only afford the cheap stuff, but now that we do get some decent halfway decent compensation we either never have time to shop or no good options.
Plus since this kinda is a diplomatic summit we may even be able to declare a fancy outfit with the other expenses.

Why does the mc always have to be so badly under-dressed compared to Leonā€¦and now Sera too. :unamused:

2 Likes

Broā€¦ you work way too fast! Now i need to get a job to buy book two! ƗD
(Not that iā€™m complaIning, itā€™s a joke)

2 Likes

Awesome!!! You are so fast. This is very exciting!

2 Likes

The first page repeats itself for the create a new character option. I highlighted where it starts repeating.

Summary

Also, I thought Katia and Yakoravā€™s sudden appearance with exactly what we need could have been explained a little better. Sure, I, someone who has read books one and two, know Katia is a psychic, but a new reader would be very confused. As it is Iā€™m just a little confused on why they didnā€™t let us know they were coming before they showed up. I as a reader was instantly suspicious of them both, especially after Sera said she didnā€™t completely trust her in her search for you-know-what at you-know-where.

Also, I felt all the options after using my sword on the head archaeologist were tooā€¦ not sure of the right word here, affected maybe? After all the deaths our MC has seen or been apart of Reyna, Jamie, etc. I think there should be an option where the MC doesnā€™t even notice that killing isnā€™t as hard for them as it used to be. Not really the ā€œkilling him was justifiedā€, more MC doesnā€™t even think about it, because itā€™s been normalized for the them.

4 Likes

@daydreamsincolor
Brynn!
Congrats on the demoā€™s release!
Canā€™t wait to play the full game :relieved:

7 Likes