Keeper of Day and Night (Update Post 1932)

I’m having a mild heart attack right now. Call me if you ever need a beta tester. Please call me.

2 Likes

Nice story thus far…
Although the interaction with our RO seems lacking , since it doesn’t feel like we actually had a relationship before… for my case is Astrid
It would be nice if our RO from Book 1 has an extra scene when we return to NMC :slight_smile:

And Reyna’s brother, should we trust him?
I do wonder what happen if we aid Reyna’s escspe volunterly , will Reyna be another Prodigal ? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

what if he’s the new RO?

2 Likes

@Fay @Vox @Amanda
Thanks for the kind/cruel stat catch! That’s what I get for not reading through last minute additions :joy:

@Disciple
Thanks for the catch! The bottom option roughly translates to “I have faith (in you). It was only a question.”

@Chain321
Thank you! It’s possible to set your RO if setting stats directly or choosing you had polarizing relationships during creating a new character. I’ll also make it possible to set your RO in the non-polarizing option in the future, it just wasn’t a high priority since there are only a few possible references to MC’s RO in the first chapter.

@Vox
Thank you! :blush:

@Disciple
One of my planning notes for Keeper of Day and Night was to have an option to become a fashion icon, so yeah, that should definitely be a possibility.

@Fay
The not-Reyna thing is because she’s possessed by a demon. If it doesn’t work, I can change it though!

Thanks for the grammar catches, and for your kind words! :smile:

@Silverlocks
Thank you! That option will be added in the future, it just wasn’t a high priority because there are only a few references to MC’s possible RO in the first chapter.

@ShinyFirefly
Thank you!

5 Likes

@AmericanShakespeare
Thanks for the catches!

@Keeperixx
Thank you! It was a coding error on my part, not retconning anything :sweat_smile: (None of the human MCs should have any of those options). Thank you for the catch!

@Victoria_Princess_An
Thank you! The romance/friend subplots will start in Chapter 2, yes.

@idonotlikeusernames
Thanks for the catches!

There was originally a scene where MC saw Altair as he was coming out of Lunar Hall (before they see Astrid and Leon fighting) but it was too rushed and crammed in there so I cut it.

@WA2000
Thank you!! :blush:

The plan is for MC to choose one of the ten romance/friend routes. The RO/friend subplot/routes will largely take the place of the normal RO scenes in the first game, so in theory there shouldn’t be that much more writing than the first game on that end!

The family subplot will generally be pretty similar in writing amount to the first game, as will the species and Delacroix subplots.

The only major increase in writing is the addition of the 5 faction subplots, which replace the 1 investigate subplot from the first game. I’ve done much better planning for this game than the first though, so hopefully it’s not too much extra work! :smile:

@stsword
Thanks for the catch with the stats :joy:

I’ll add an option like this, thank you!

Will add a sense of direction choice! (It is sense of direction based, yes).

I’ll mention MC making plans to visit Kol, thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the catches!

Thank you!

I’ll add it to the detailed character customization! Height will probably be selected some point in-game, since it was never set in the first game. (Or, alternatively, I’ll add a choice setting height in the first game and add it to the detailed character customization for the sequel :thinking:)

@tmmanques @Harley_Robin_Evans @Lucas_Ribeiro1
Thank you!!

Thank you very much!

That’s a great idea! I’ll try and find a way to implement it in the March update!

@NatsDemilla
Thank you very much! :blush:

Fun fact: Reyna was originally intended to be a minor romance option in the first book.

(TBH it’s more likely for Davina to become the villain romance than Reyna)

He’s not. (Sorry? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

7 Likes

Oh and how exactly did they find Khol? And where at? I may have overlooked it if it was said.

1 Like

Yeah, it was confusing to read. Everyone who has played the first game knows that Reyna is possessed and a lot of players could tell it by Reyna’s behavior.

Thank you author. You’re very sweet to your readers, I hope you have a great day :blush:

How detailed will it be? Will it be “choose your birthmarks, scars, tattoos, body type etc”-detailed or “your hair color, skin complexion and eye color”-detailed? Maybe you could add the same customization options from the last game to the “choose your basic stats”-panel? Then you could move on and add more detailed and new customization options (if that is what you want).

It’s okay. I’ll stick with Leon forever :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Which begs the question since the mc came back early why are Alty and Cy even in NMC, shouldn’t they be having fun on swanky vacations?

Awww…I had hoped for time to do some friend activities with Cyrus in addition to Altair’s romance, and vice versa for my second mc.

With what money? That’s gonna take some royally big mooching of off Alty, Cy, Leon and Sera for my mc to become a fashion icon, seeing as how it is high society he has to impress, not a bunch of mostly middle-class highschool kids this time around. Saving up the money from his summer and part-time jobs like in highschool plus whatever allowance he got/gets from mom is just not gonna cut it for a wardrobe like that. :worried: Especially if we’d want to accessories too, the jewelry and whatever the magical Rolex equivalent is are so beyond our grasp right now, as they are for most of the middle class in the real world.

In any case, I assume and hope “dark magi” fashion still includes lots of leather (that’s hopefully actual leather this around)?

Could you also add-in plans to visit Altair, or should he be on vacation it would be nice if he at least send the mc a message with a cute photo or something?

1 Like

MC can choose to embrace their fame as a keeper and go to interviews, meetings and parties. Maybe MC might have an option to get paid for attending those events. I remember what you said about the MC getting paid by getting “exposure”. But maybe a MC with a moderately high cunning/intelligence stat could bargain and get money out of it. And since MC is famous they could get sponsorships with different clothing brands.

@daydreamsincolor Are you planning on implementing a stat that keeps track on how “popular/famous” or “beloved by the public” MC is? That kind of stats could play an important role in the plot and in the MC’s life as a keeper.

5 Likes

Loving it so far especially the stat hax :slight_smile: and the option to display both the ROs description+percentage. A really nice touch !

Was there a change in elements for kitsune? I noticed when creating a kitsune character i was able to pick lightning, ice or fire.

4 Likes

There already is a stat like that in the demo. It’s labeled celebrity, and appears to increase the more vocal you are about enjoying your popularity etc.

3 Likes

Oops, must’ve missed that. Thanks for clarifying :smile:

1 Like

@Fay
Thank you, I hope you have a great day as well!

This type. I only try to set character appearance variables if they’ll be mentioned again e.g. Astrid doing the main character’s hair, descriptions of family members, etc.

Altair was interning for Practical Magic Innovation; Cyrus was working with a professional duelist.

Don’t worry, there will still be friend activities with other people!

They don’t necessarily have to wear high fashion clothing—just something like how scrunchies came back in fashion, if that makes sense. (All I really have in my notes is “Bring capes back in style!!!” :joy:)

Yep!

I’ll add in a note about MC texting their RO that they’re back in the city while driving back to Magi. Thanks for the idea!

There’s currently a celebrity status to keep track of MC’s feelings toward being famous, and approval ratings for different factions in NMC.

@Ricemaker
Thank you! The kitsune thing is a coding problem; they should automatically have fire as their element.

4 Likes

Is this similar to the relationship/approval ratings we had in the older demo of the first game?

1 Like

Oh boy, those were hard to raise :confused:

1 Like

Keeper of the Sun and Moon was one of my favorite stories that I have played on CoG. I am very happy to see the second installment is being worked on. Have played through it twice now and am really looking forward to the next update.

2 Likes

Liking the WIP so far, i can’t wait for more.

At least you could’ve gotten that boost from working Leon’s job suggestion :sob: I remember the woes of being hated.

1 Like

Another thing I should point out is that the “Set stats” option seemed to blend Ritual Magic and Potions together as one skill.

I bring this up because when reconstructing my MC, I recall them having studying Ritual magic immensely but never attended a potions class. Yet the demo seemed to treat ritual magic and potions as one skill while strictly keeping the label “potions”.

Was that an intentional change done for gameplay sake? or was that another goof?

My Kitsune MC was hated by entire societies even though I was careful not to do anything bad. I was kind of relieved when the author removed them but as the same time sad because it was such an unique concept. And the sequel will focus on the different factions so I guess it’d be fitting if it was re-implemented. If the author ever decides to do that then I hope it’ll be a little easier to raise. The game is heavily stats based so…

2 Likes