Keeper of Day and Night (WIP - Updated 5/18/20, Post 1517)

I’ve got it during my Human playthrough. I’m also 99% sure that if you’re a Hunter you won’t get a sword, but I’d have to replay the demo to be sure. I think it’s an exclusive for a normal human? Those MCs needed something awesome and deadly too. :wink:

2 Likes

I just played through as a hunter and got the sword, and there was hunter specific text, Jarod wouldn’t let us have a gun, because we “apparently” almost shot him in the foot while hunting (I forget what supernatural was mentioned).
It was most likely added in a semi-recent update, because I’d never gotten that scene before in my hunter play throughs. (I haven’t played in awhile, so maybe not the last update, but definitely a recent one.)

2 Likes

That explains it, I have only been playing the drakaina route so I can have a lot to discover when the game releases. Having an elemental weapon is cool tho!
@augustus27 being able to create something with the element we manipulate would be cool (kinda like gray from fairy tail)

2 Likes

No need to make ice cubes if you can just chill the drinks directly. However all of those things would require fine control, which is not the mc’s strong suit. Normally the mc’s magic use is to fling as much power as they can muster at an enemy in a desperate struggle for survival.
And while the mc can finally begin to take remedial magic lessons and finally get help from Cy with fine control of their abilities the effectiveness of that training is likely limited and slow due to both the mc’s overloaded agenda/sleep deprivation and the need to guard against magic overuse.
I really wish we could drop the control and celestial magic classes as the keeper training from Celosia also covers it…which would give the mc a slightly more manageable schedule and more sleep.

Also curious to see if Marcella has a better and less overloaded schedule and better pay than the mc.

But maybe we’ll finally see some progress with non-combat related fine manipulation of magic in game 3.

While my mc personally wants nothing to do with the guy or his money for those players/mc’s that do I think there would be a couple of things to note:

First if Magi America’s tax code is anything like real world Western ones then any money gifted or willed to non relatives as private persons is taxed, heavily, so expect to lose between 50 to 80 of the value to taxes and fees.

Second, since the mc is now public figure it will look very, very bad indeed to accept large sums of money from CEO’s you’re not related to and would make Keeper mc look extremely corrupt and literally for sale to the highest bidder.

This does all paradoxically fit in with Xander’s character as it makes him a bit like a combo between Scrooge McDuck and mr. Burns, even if/when he tries to do something less greedy or evil for a change he’d still end up screwing up the mc’s life even further this way.

Anyway it’s all theoretical for my main mc anyway, even in the extremely unlikely event that Xander left anything to him in a will he’d disclaim it anyway. He’s accustomed enough to perpetual financial troubles in the magical world by now anyway that he wouldn’t sell out his principles or his pride for it.

So. This isn’t in this demo but I didn’t see it, in detail, on the tumblr page. You can kiss Jarrod but you have to be a hunter, right? How?

1 Like

ALSO i’ve Been playing different roots in the current demo and… is Professor Ebner trying to date our human father if they’re Lucas?

1 Like

@Jordan_Kelley For your first question, it’s probably going to be implemented in the full version of the book. I don’t think it’s in the current demo. And for the second question, he’s not trying, they are dating lol

1 Like

Hot damn!
When I played the first game I thought there might be something like that in the future.

1 Like

I am looking forward to seeing more with the pets! @daydreamsincolor what are the peripheral elemental abilities?

I didn’t realize how old the post was, but someone on here wanted to know more about Jaime and I second that. For a side character I got kind of attached to him, and I was sad about how he just ups and dies. Was he generally a good person before Reyna or not? What was up with the “sins of the father line”? Was he the one that had to be sacrificed or could Reyna have used anyone else? I just really liked him.

1 Like

Speaking of side characters we miss…
I loved reading the messages from the RA and all the encounters we had with her (Heather?) I would love to be able to have her as a RA again and have the group annoy her again. The fact that Brys lit her door on fire cracks me up!

4 Likes

I’m not sure Altair really seemed to hate him, called him a monster even. I mean Altair, normally Altair likes nearly everybody and everybody likes Altair…for him to not just dislike but really hate Jaime makes me think there’s a dark side to that guy we don’t know about.

2 Likes

When did Altair call Jaime a monster? I played his route a few times. I don’t remember that :o

I think she is our RA again in Book 2, right? Or am I wrong? (she does do remedial magic instruction too I think!)

1 Like

Chapter 4 spoiler: You have to choose one specific choice when Altair invites you to visit the PMI lab on his route:

#“I don’t get how you can even work here.”
Altair’s face goes blank. “Jaime Sterling was a monster. His mother isn’t.”

You balk at the uncharacteristic response. Altair is typically rather mild mannered, and Jaime had objectively been the nicest of Reyna’s trio. Why would Altair—?

Huh. I wanna know more now!

Well that would be up to @daydreamsincolor , not me. It is intriguing but at the moment it is just another of the many, many secrets Alty keeps to himself and with the mc’s extremely overloaded schedule as much fun as it is to dive into Alty’s secrets I don’t really see it happening in this book as the mc is so busy trying to survive that even their possible joint investigation with Sera into the Delacroix massacre is currently taking a backseat to simply surviving.

But, yeah, Alty doesn’t seem to to truly hate many people so him hating Jaime the way he apparently does there’s likely something more going on there.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess I mean we know he was being compelled by Reyna, so idk if he was doing bad things apart from Reyna’s influence or not? Or how much Alty would know about that. It’s weird, you’d figure MC would assume that Alty didn’t like Jaime because of the whole stealing-weapons-of-mass destruction thing, so that they didn’t consider that makes me wonder if there was really something else going on.

I was thinking, it could really cool if we could have a conversasion with keeper akira before what happens, like a keeper givin’ the mc some real mentor thing (not like that crap from Brant) the mc could have a good vision of akira or simply don’t give a damn about what they say
maybe i’m just talking nonsense, sorry if sound stupid

4 Likes

MC does say in their press conference they’re meeting with another keeper soon (I think it was Akira, don’t really remember haha) so fingers crossed!

2 Likes