Keeper of Day and Night (Update Post 1932)

I don’t recall if this was mentioned earlier but I really hope there’s going to be a way for us to not side with any of the factions and be keeper on our own terms

A meme

12 Likes

Nice meme!

1 Like

@daydreamsincolor are there peripheral elements for light and darkness manipulation?

1 Like

I’d have thought Cy would be less comfortable with it, at least at the beginning of the relationship, too. :thinking:

So in practice the mc cannot “borrow” anything nice from their friends because there is a very real possibility it might get damaged by all the random attacks and resultant clothing damage the mc suffers. :disappointed:
Even with Keeper pay the mc probably cannot make a routine of wearing nice, expensive things because of the routine damage their clothing regularly suffers. So the only nice things my poor can have clothing wise are a couple of formal suits and tuxedos he doesn’t even like (to wear). :worried:

Also if the magical world suffers from the same lockdowns we do just as my mc starts getting paid he still cannot actually spend the money on anything nice. :disappointed:

1 Like

If MC is a nephilim and they choose to feign obedience to Monroe, wouldn’t they still involve themselves in nephilim affairs? The game says that you choose to take yourself out of it and ignore it but if MC was pretending to be loyal to Monroe wouldn’t they go along with whatever plans they had and try to subtly subvert them rather than cutting themselves off from those things?

Also, I was wondering if we’re both romancing Astrid and her roommate, shouldn’t there be a little bit more of a reaction from her when she has to wake MC up from their nightmares? Like maybe she’s a bit more concerned or maybe she says something nice to them. The scene where MC meets Astrid for the first time after the summer is also a bit strange because there’s barely any interaction between them that would suggest they’re together, just MC telling Leon and Astrid to chill and stop fighting about what Leon told the press. Maybe something where Astrid greets MC when they show up rather than just ignoring them and MC jumping into the argument.

Last thing, I wish there were more options that weren’t necessarily “I don’t care that I’m keeper” or “I hate being keeper” or “I love it”. My MC would probably be like “damn, this really sucks and I wish it didn’t happen but it happened and I’m gonna roll with it”. Especially when talking to the therapist, my MC would probably say something along the lines of “I hate the attention I’m getting, and I never asked to be keeper, but it’s my duty to protect the people now so that’s what I’m gonna do. No use complaining about it”.

7 Likes

I wish there were more options during that scene as well. Where’s the “I’m not comfortable with the attention but I’m happy with my position as a keeper and I like doing what I do.”—option? Like, a more optimistic version of your suggestion. Some people like the aspect of protecting people as a keeper and only dislike the attention part. Why’s the cynical/optimistic stat even there if MC is just… cynical? Because I didn’t really like the way MC reacted, and it felt so out of character. It was either gloating about the attention, or getting incredibly angry (I liked the angry scene it was awesome how MC went off!), or hate being a keeper. No in-betweens. Like everything is black and white. I hope we get to expand our MC’s thoughts and emotions, but that’s my two cents.

9 Likes

Those options sound great. I like them.

I’m also looking forward to finding out more about bio parents if one chooses the aunt and uncle!

2 Likes

Oh… xD

Meant somewhat as a joke, but dang girl! xD

2 Likes

Ì’ve got nothing against more options but I think the strong opinion either way of the mc kinda fits. When I was a teenager everything may not have been perfectly black and white, figuratively speaking, but there sure seemed to be a whole lot less grey.

1 Like

I guess that’d fit an emotional MC (hey it’s me!) but I also have other more logical MCs. I love the flavor text we get depending on our personality stats, especially when MC tries to control their voice. However, speaking from personal experience, when I was a teenager (or maybe I still am because I’m around the kotsam cast’s age) I had mixed opinions on pretty much everything. I could still feel strong about something, like how MC can feel strong about the positive aspects of being a keeper yet still have a strong distaste for the attention.

3 Likes

True, but MC almost certainly does not think and act the way a normal teen does anymore. They’ve risked their life for others, nearly died on several occasions, and now have to deal with the responsibility of being a keeper, one of the most powerful people in NMC all within the span of a year. I feel like most MCs would have changed quite a bit as people in response to all of this, and that may mean maturing and seeing the gray areas in life sooner than most others would.

2 Likes

If you accidentally save while viewing your stats and reload the save, you’re stuck looking at your MC’s stats, no matter how many times you click “back to game”.

Dunno if this is a bug or something but just wanted to point it out :0

1 Like

I think that’s a problem with all games

5 Likes

As @Ryu said that’s something that’s happens with all games on dashingdon, just don’t save on the stats screen.

2 Likes

Just a few more recommendations/suggestions that stood out. You might have already thought of these.

1. Since it is possible to have the MC break up with a previous RO when Sera first visits (looking at the picture), but you can’t do that if romancing her. You might have an option along the lines of “When I saw her, I felt…” then choices like warm at seeing her, uneasy since you broke up, etc.

2. If you go the route of helping Astrid make her vlog/social media/etc. thing, you might wish to include a small list of names, not just one you enter. This is mostly from the perspective that entering something like that can break the flow of game play.

3. Another thing some people might seem incongruous is if Kol is the RO, and then you go see the therapist. One choice says “You went there at the urging of RO…” (roughly paraphrasing it) but if Kol is unconscious or even in the hospital but you don’t visit further…then it might make sense that a roommate (like Astrid or Leon) would suggest it to at least get a good night’s sleep.

4. If your parents are actually aunt/uncle, when you go to Thanksgiving part of the text says “My dad and my dad are kind of intimidating but they promised not to interrogate you—so you really don’t have to worry about anything.” One part should be ‘mom’.

5. Just a small aside, but I loved the Yakov route, especially the group name/t-shirt option.

6. If you ask Dominic your species, when the player replies, if you have Draikana, it shows up as a lower case:
    “Plant elemental,” he says readily. “You?”

“draikana.”

1. If dating Cressida, and after the aunt encounter in the bathroom, you may need a space, especially with the three choices.
    Original:
    “Shh. It’s okay.” “I just missed my mother,” she says at last, unwilling to meet your eyes. “Is that so wrong?”

Suggestion:
“Shh. It’s okay.”

“I just missed my mother,” she says at last, unwilling to meet your eyes. “Is that so wrong?”

The other two occurences:
“It’s okay. I’m here.” "I just missed my mother,

4 Likes

Actually it shows up as lower case no matter what the species.

2 Likes

Update 3/26 Contains the end of Chapter 5 and the first part of Chapter 6, including MC holding a press conference, the end of Thanksgiving, more classes, NMC politics, MC and their RO finally going on a normal date, a return to Solanaceae Forest, and (finally) some downtime!
Current Word Count: 148k
Link: https://dashingdon.com/play/daydreamsincolor/keeper-of-day-and-night/mygame/

Thanks for playing!!

Questions For After Playing
  • Any other responses to Kol waking up you would have wanted?
  • Any other press conference options you would have wanted?
  • Any other Reyna reactions you would have wanted?
  • Would you want the Solanaceae Forest scene expanded?
  • Any other aura options you would have wanted?

Yes, thanks!

thanks!

Yep

Nope

He would, but Cyrus has been around casually affectionate people in a platonic way, if not a romantic way. Yakov hasn’t.

It’s based on the choice MC makes during the epilogue of book 1 whether they continue to involve themselves in nephilim affairs

Thanks! RO interaction added during the hospital scene in chapter 1

Thanks for the feedback, added!

You should be able to as long as you don’t choose the dialogue option where MC says they’re dating her

Thanks, added!

Thanks, fixed!

@augustus27 @Lys
Thank you very much for all of your suggestions! They were very helpful!

14 Likes

Really enjoyed the new update, especially meeting Henrik lmao. I have some suggestions for the next update:

1. Maybe add a transition scene between the interaction with Davina (for if we’re dating Seraphina). It feels quite abrupt with the scene ending the way it does, even a couple of sentences about how you leave Nymph Island and go back to your suite would help with that I think.

2. Adding a bit more imagery to the “fight” you have with the dark shadow creature that enters Kim’s room would be nice. It works just fine as it is, but adding a bit more to the actual fight would pace the scene better I feel, since there’s only about a page and a half of that encounter currently.

3. For the press conference, I wish we had the option to say something along the lines of “while I have only the deepest respect and appreciation for Secretary Monroe and his party, I cannot say I support the SAVIOR act as it would be a severe violation of the rights of those who would be affected”.

4. When we encounter Reyna, an option where you don’t think you just attack her would be nice. She would still attack us I assume, but that could be chalked up to her just being faster than us. I feel like my MC wouldn’t really think much when they see Reyna, they would just immediately go into fight or flight and lash out.

5. I’d like an option to say that my favorite flavor of ice cream is cookie dough in the sleepover scene lol.

6. Adding just a small paragraph to the scene where you meet Henrik to show how awkward it is for MC to meet him would be incredibly funny imo

7. My MC would also probably say something along the lines of “Keeper Delacroix was an amazing keeper and a legend, and while I don’t think I could ever hope to live up to that legacy, I do hope to distinguish myself in my own way”.

Also, I’m still not quite clear on how the feigning obedience to Monroe thing works. I would think that if at the end of the last book we said “but I can pretend” that would mean that we’re pretending to work with him but are actually trying to undermine him in some way, which wouldn’t match up with us distancing ourselves from Nephilim affairs.

Edit: also, just wanted to say that the fight scene with Reyna was incredibly well-written, I’d pay $5 just for that scene alone.

4 Likes

I’m literally SHAKING with excitement! Wholesome RO content?? Politics? MC doing official keeper stuff? Thank you again for another awesome update! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Found a bug when trying to pick “I won’t let Reyna get away with this.” I tried clearing my cache and cookies too :frowning:

4 Likes