Keeper of Day and Night (Update Post 1932)

Seems like you’d be good with Leon and we already know Leon really likes to be center of attention himself due to his narcissism.
Seems like with my mc Altair would actually take it better but then Alty already is a rich, high society boy. My mc really dislikes this unearned and unwarranted fame, it would be different if he was famous because of something he did and not something that was forced on him, but that’s not what this is.
Not getting paid for it still really hurts though and not just financially. Seems like the other continents have a better system for keeping their keepers.

Unintended pun! (?)

Also does anyone know where other two keepers are located?

Hmmm, so you could guess my shoe size? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Oh wow, are we only realizing this now??

He fought a demon and saved an entire city…

… 11 US?

Oh no, American measurements

In european measurements I have a whoopin’ 37 which is 5 US according to an online converter

Hey, we get to have a cat! That’s always a plus

Wait, I have a question.

@daydreamsincolor in the first game the MC had the option to pick a nickname, will we be able to pick a nickname in the sequel too?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t same nickname be carried over?

That’s what I meant. Maybe the author could add the option to ask the player if they had a nickname aside from Thalia’s. And if I recall correctly if you have a high relationship stat with a character they’ll call you by that nickname.

Ahh yes, just realized the demo doesn’t ask for nicknames.

You mean he couldn’t quite carry his own weight, drew a marginally effective rune-trap had to be saved like a damsel in distress by Leon of all people and then again by Astrid from the hellmuts. He did apparently go psycho and kill Reyna in a frenzy, but that was hardly his proudest moment and not something he’d like to be reminded of.
Sera and Leon “saved” the city with some help from Astrid, Thalia and Yakov my mc was mostly just along for the ride and a load on the team, given his bum ankle and inadequate magical and nonexistent keeper training. :unamused:
Also being a keeper was still something that was done to him, not something he did. It’s kind of like being “famous” because you were raped by someone even more famous. Hardly something to be proud of.

The mc is also the one who endangered the city in the first place by reading that ancient bit of text they didn’t understand for Rena. Thus becoming the conditio sine qua non.

Lastly we also didn’t save the city as far as the public knows. The official story is that we were just unlucky bystanders and that Leon the big hero saved Astrid from a stray hellhound, but we found Reyna already lying there dead.

So my mc really didn’t save the city, not as far as the court of public opinion is concerned and not even in actuality either.

Nope very much intended, those other magical governments apparently keep their respective keepers gainfully, perhaps even lucratively employed and they likely get the resources and organizational support to do their job properly, whereas America apparently expects its keepers to be able to fund anything they might need out of their own pocket and get all the keeper training from their magical family. Likely because all or most of the American keepers came from a family that’s practically royalty or the high society “courtiers” in their orbit. :unamused:

Sounds like you failed a lot of stat checks. Different stats benefit different situations. And I guess your ritual magic stats weren’t high enough?

No ritual magic was high enough to trap Reyna for a while elemental magic was not, to make an effective ice shield you need 35 and my mc tried compelling the hellhounds, which also just wasn’t effective enough though I know from code crawling he could have killed them with ice manipulation.

Problem is there were no ritual magic options for shielding from the fire or dealing with the hellhounds.

Oh, I just killed them with my lightning manipulaton. And Reyna’s killing scene is actually different depending on your stats. I had a high elemental stats so I killed her off quickly with lightning. And in another playthrough I had low elemental stats so I killed her “the barbaric way”.

Huh? As you can see my mc’s elemental stats weren’t that low but he still killed her very messily. I think it also has to do with the stress or sanity or whatever stats and my mc was probably already quite stressed and snapped. Again not a proud moment.

Well after his success with the mouse my mc figured he could compel the hounds too, bit of a mistake really. But he doesn’t like using elemental manipulation or telekinesis (unless Alty is doing some tutoring, so…) That one was more of a roleplaying choice, particularly since that choice comes right after his ice manipulation had already failed him again with forming a shield against Reyna’s fire.

1 Like

Nice to see this information!

1 Like

This is the barbaric ending, right?

I don’t really know what I did different in my playthrough… But I think my emotional stats was higher than my logical stats.

In my first playthrough I killed her with lightning and my logical stats was higher than my emotional stats. So maybe it has something to do with that?

4 Likes

Yep, that’s the one

By the way, you can find more guides and information about the characters, ROs and more on the blog. And there’s a lot of memes

1 Like

I’ll add one for the next update, sure!

They would most definitely be willing. The American supernatural government, on the other hand, would not be very willing to let MC leave.

Hmm, maybe I could give MC the chance to try in book three… :thinking:

She knew who he was.

Probably not. It’s a corrupt system—her family would manage to get the charges dropped.

That wasn’t intentional, I just didn’t know how many stat points MC would normally have at the end of a run. Thanks for the stat notes! I’ll try and adjust the premades for the next update.

Both of them have non-keeper children. Keepers aren’t guaranteed to have keeper children by any means—they’re just more likely than the general population.

Around Chapter 3 based on my outline.

Will add in next update.

2 Likes

So, again, “fame” stat beyond useless for anything even remotely worthwhile and our deadbeat dad being of exactly zero help at all. Makes enlisting in one of the foreign agencies even more attractive. :unamused:
It would be a civil suit though, like what did OJ in, it’s not as easy to get charges dropped there as the plaintiff, being the mc in this case is usually the only one who can drop or end the charges, whether by carrying it through trial and winning or losing, or by reaching a settlement.
While there is involuntary dismissal of a case on court orders that is usually only used when a claim is very obviously spurious, as the mc here has suffered obvious, verifiable and real injuries at the hands of Davina and had no reason to suspect she was being compelled it is difficult to see a defense motion for involuntary dismissal being successful in this case. Unless the Court is going to be very obviously corrupt, but being very obviously corrupt can give the plaintiff, the mc in this case cause to sue the Court or the state itself for breaching its obligations.

It is more likely Conti’s legal team would seek to drag out the case endlessly, which is much easier with civil than criminal cases in the hopes the plaintiff either accepts an inadequate settlement or just gives up.

In any case maybe at least let the mc talk to a lawyer about that, as mine really doesn’t like the Conti’s.

On the other hand they’re neither willing to pay nor provide institutional support either, just because the mc didn’t happen to be born wealthy and has a deadbeat dad or mom who conveniently “forgot” to write them into her will (don’t know what the case is with the other set of parents).
So their “objections” would ring just a little bit hollow when they’re expecting the mc to protect the world with no financial, organizational nor institutional support and (next to) no training. I mean they’re even forbidding control magic now, the very thing the mc as a “keeper” probably absolutely needs to be trained in. So if either of the other two’s agencies are gay friendly and want to employ my mc at a reasonable salary (probably the scale normal governments use for human intelligence field operatives, which should be comfortably upper middle class at the very least) that would practically seal the deal if there’s no escaping the whole keeper business. Anyway, they’ve likely got Renatus, who was actually born rich and connected to magi high society and who can probably fund his keeper gig out of his family fortune. Again my mc can’t and he isn’t willing to seek fame and corrupt corporate slavery “sponsorship”. If my mc really can’t get out of the keeper gig an official agency providing institutional and organizational support as well as regular and adequate pay would be a much better place for him.

So he really duped her good, if she knew he was a wealthy deadbeat all along. With that whole faux “protection” routine. :angry:

Will you also add a 35 option to the stats setting screen, as you had a couple 35 stat checks at the very end of the first game? So we can simulate importing an mc would would have passed those?

Probably and it will probably go the same way as the mc trying to reveal the Constellation project, you won’t be believed no matter the worthless fame stat.

Remember as already made clear by that worthless doctor in the first game, they consider Davina to be the friggin “innocent victim” here. :unamused:

1 Like

Can an MC at least raise a stink about Davina kidnapping and then nearly murdering them?