Disclaimer: This book contains profane words, violence, blood, mutilations, torture, death, nudism, and maybe some racism and sexism (but not even taken seriously)
Katewing’s adventures is an interactive fiction game/novel where you play as Katewing, a girl with some peculiar traits trying to find her spot in the land of Bastion.
Features (not all included on the demo)
- Play as Katewing, a girl sent by her most trustworthy companion on a dangerous mission.
- Choose what attributes to train and make the most out of them to survive.
- Try to save a new friend from the monsters that threaten both of your lives.
- Discover the network of assassins that runs under the city, and maybe give it an use.
- Bet some coins and the answer to your questions playing twenty up with your comrades.
- Make your first steps towards your possible slow-burning love, or keep it at bay.
- Work together with the crew to survive the storm.
- Sail to another dimension and fight giant monsters to defend the ship.
- Submerge yourself with your partners to get the reward, would all of you return?
- Met the voice inside your head and let her show you the truth about those who you trust, or shut her up and make your own mind.
- Learn about your past and the powerful object you find on your mission.
- Fight for control or give it to the spirit so she helps you try to escape from your captors.
- Try to save your most beloved companion from the impending threats.
- Make friends and start to grow relationships that will continue along the series.
Disclaimer 2: This is my first time writing ever, and I’m not a native English speaker. With that out of the way, you can expect some misspells and weird pronunciation, so feel free to point those out to help me improve them.
This is the first book of a series that will contain a total of five books. Each progression will continue the story from the last point and it’ll keep developing the plot, relationships with characters, challenges, and stakes until the end.
The first book is roughly 330k words w/code, but you can play the demo here that’s around 75k words.
Do you want to betatest the complete game? Leave a comment below or PM me! It’ll help me a lot!
- 1.4 (23-9-2022) Added option to choose imperial/metric units. Added option to choose the main character’s name and shortened name. Corrected some spelling and grammar and improve a few expressions.
- 1.3 (20-9-2022) Expanded a tiny bit chapter 0
- 1.2 (05-09-22) Updated post cover art. Completed: Chapter headers, icon, stats banners.
- 1.2 (03-09-22) First grammar correction, modified chapter 0
- 1.1 (31-8-22) Implemented Dashingdon save system.
- 1.0 Initial release.